BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The enigmatic Jason Lowe vortex

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

End of the day he captained the side to relegation with a load of insipid performances then bailed out first chance he got because he thought he was too good for league one Rovers.

I'm pretty sure as he was released to cut the wage bill..whether he wanted to or not i dont think the club gave him the choice. 

Looking back I think relegation for a year has made us much stronger. There was some proper dross in that squad. 

1 hour ago, benhben said:

I'm pretty sure as he was released to cut the wage bill..whether he wanted to or not i dont think the club gave him the choice. 

Looking back I think relegation for a year has made us much stronger. There was some proper dross in that squad. 

Well his contract was up so he wouldn't have been offered the same and TM made noises about wanting to keep him but the impression was he was off looking for the biggest wage he could get. Bolton wanted him there and then they'd been tracking him ages but he went to Brum.

I think he would have been offered closer to what he and his performances were worth. I do think TM may have kept him if he had agreed to that lower fee but on the flip side I doubt he was overly bothered that he didn't. Lowe obviously felt he deserved his wage and assumed other clubs would snap him up. Didn't really work out like that and he had no choice to sign somewhere on realistic wages - he wont be getting anywhere near what he was here at Bolton. 

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I think he would have been offered closer to what he and his performances were worth. I do think TM may have kept him if he had agreed to that lower fee but on the flip side I doubt he was overly bothered that he didn't. Lowe obviously felt he deserved his wage and assumed other clubs would snap him up. Didn't really work out like that and he had no choice to sign somewhere on realistic wages - he wont be getting anywhere near what he was here at Bolton. 

That’s about 50p a week then?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

Doesnt sound like it's going so well at Bolton.

https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2018/12/3/18121252/five-things-bolton-wanderers-1-1-wigan-athletic

Unfortunately, Williams and Lowe are pretty poor on the ball. Lowe, by any measure, must be considered one of the poorest players that we have ever had. His lack of interest in anything other than a backwards pass is really starting to become a hindrance to any sort of attacking momentum.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DE. said:

Form is temporary, class or lack thereof is permanent 

Honest to God the minute coyle made him captain, alarm bells started going off. It was the move of a moron. He looked past the fact he wasn't leadership material and appointed him just because he was local. He probably did something similar at a club before and it worked. I had a bad feeling we were in big trouble. Not Lowes fault, but those that have enabled him lol.

• Like 2

• Backroom

There have been a lot of lows (no pun intended) during the Venky's era, but Lowe being made captain was one of the worst. I'd made a joke about it a couple of years prior, but when it actually happened it was anything but funny. You knew right then that things were only going in one direction.

• Like 2

Lucky to have a career at the level he's had for sure if ever there was an honest lower league ability grafter it's Lowe.

Very lucky to just be coming up at the time dastardly and clueless mutley were swinging their plans into action !

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Lucky to have a career at the level he's had for sure if ever there was an honest lower league ability grafter it's Lowe.

Very lucky to just be coming up at the time dastardly and clueless mutley were swinging their plans into action !

Assuming he's being paid of course!

On 05/12/2018 at 20:18, tomphil said:

I honestly think even that is a myth. Gets nowhere near the ball ever and never got a foot in.

I still maintain that with Smallwood in our midfield instead then we wouldn't have gone down.

On 05/12/2018 at 19:58, Stuart said:

Always funny reading the epiphanies of Rovers fans once a player stops wearing the blue and white halves...

Did anyone ever rate him?

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I honestly think even that is a myth. Gets nowhere near the ball ever and never got a foot in.

I still maintain that with Smallwood in our midfield instead then we wouldn't have gone down.

Paging Jim to the thread...

28 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Some liked him because he ran around a lot allegedly doing the dirty work except he didn't do that work really he just ran around a lot. Wasn't what we needed at all and yes Smallwood was a breath of fresh air last season whereas Lowe would've been same old same old.

Anonymous in the relegation season but he thought he was going on to bigger and better things when his contract ran out so it was a case of going through the motions and remain unscathed I think.

drog was a fan. He said Lowe was unfairly pilloried by the fans here (a la Wilcox, Carsley Sherwood etc.) and that every team needs a water carrier. He failed to mention that your water carrier has,at times, to carry some water.

I maintain my view that Lowe is playing 3 leagues at least above his ability level.