BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The enigmatic Jason Lowe vortex

I’m still of the opinion that Lowe is the worst player I’ve ever seen play for Rovers, utterly talentless. He was the common denominator in our downward spiral. We’ve only had good times since he left and he’s only had bad times, which says it all really. 

Being the worst player in a relegated Premier League side and then a few years later being the worst player in a relegated Championship side takes some doing, but Lowe did it.

The fact that he had the cheek to reject a new contract offer from us and leave on a free shows the character of the man, I will boo him everytime he plays against us.

• Like 3

He’s got himself into a nice position now. He’s played a hell of a lot of games at Championship level (and some PL),  so will be picked up by others as a ‘steady pro at this level’ with a decent wage packet to boot.

Edited by Mattyblue

He'll go down the Keith Andrews route and keep moving about probably he's a first on the training ground last off apparently so they'll always get a gig somewhere but if he wants to stay at this level he'll need to be very realistic with his wages.

Food for thought - Andrews came to Ewood from a career mostly in league 1 at the age of  about 29 and onto a 20 odd grand per week contract which eventually became 30k plus pwk. All it takes is a friendly manager or agent !!!!

Mr Williams what were you thinking........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

He's incredibly limited at football at best and I'm surprised anyone that's watched us regularly over the last few years would try and downplay that tbh.

It's like I was saying about Marlon Broomes the other day. I'd heard big things about the lad so when I first saw him play I was expecting to see a spark of something. Maybe a little  bit of David Dunn's ability on the ball or a touch of David Batty's ability to win back  possession.   Well, there was nothing, and I mean nothing.  His positional play was a joke, he seemed to be drawn to the ball all the time yet never seemed to get it,  his passing game was very limited, he wasn't a big player so his heading ability wasn't very good. I was scratching my head, what did he bring to the party ? After all those games I still don't know now !

• Backroom

My "favourite" J-Lowe memory is one of the few times I got to watch him play at Portman Road. I believe it was December 2013. He received a pass in no real danger around the centre of the pitch. He miscontrolled the ball, which instantly caused an Ipswich player to dart towards him. Panicking, Lowe got his feet tangled up, fell backwards onto his arse and lost possession.

Thanks for the memories.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

My "favourite" J-Lowe memory is one of the few times I got to watch him play at Portman Road. I believe it was December 2013. He received a pass in no real danger around the centre of the pitch. He miscontrolled the ball, which instantly caused an Ipswich player to dart towards him. Panicking, Lowe got his feet tangled up, fell backwards onto his arse and lost possession.

Thanks for the memories.

That was called the "Lowe shuffle" , his equivalent of the Cruyff turn 

• Like 2

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That was called the "Lowe shuffle" , his equivalent of the Cruyff turn 

I can remember laughing out loud, it was like a comedy sketch. You just needed the "wahh wahh wahhhhh" sound effect and you'd be good to go. Wouldn't have been laughing for long if they'd gone on to score, mind, but I had at least a few minutes before that happened.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

He'll go down the Keith Andrews route and keep moving about probably he's a first on the training ground last off apparently so they'll always get a gig somewhere but if he wants to stay at this level he'll need to be very realistic with his wages.

Food for thought - Andrews came to Ewood from a career mostly in league 1 at the age of  about 29 and onto a 20 odd grand per week contract which eventually became 30k plus pwk. All it takes is a friendly manager or agent !!!!

Mr Williams what were you thinking........

Indeed. What was JW thinking! Was driving into London this morning, Paul Ince clip was on talksport “yknow” and his usual baffal still in full mode it made me think back to that Everton game and WHU March and the words “shoot”.

Andrews did ok for a million pounds he should have been a squad player or “depth” an Ince man he ended up being a starter in CM until Emerton came back ahead of a never fit Grella and was RB on occasion like J-Lowe.

Andrews at least kept a ball moving usually sideways. Lowe didn’t. He baffles me ex captain of Stuart Pearce U21 side, PL appearances under he who shall not be named. 18k a week, Coyles captain. Genuinely poor I’m convinced they tried to inflate his value for an agents commission.

My favourite Lowe moment was a championship game he tried to send a pass across the pitch on the halfway... it went ten yards on the floor and Reading maybe Wigan got the ball and drove forwards.

Edited by Scotland1

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Indeed. What was JW thinking! Was driving into London this morning, Paul Ince clip was on talksport “yknow” and his usual baffal still in full mode it made me think back to that Everton game and WHU March and the words “shoot”.

Andrews did ok for a million pounds he should have been a squad player or “depth” an Ince man he ended up being a starter in CM until Emerton came back ahead of a never fit Grella and was RB on occasion like J-Lowe.

Andrews at least kept a ball moving usually sideways. Lowe didn’t. He baffles me ex captain of Stuart Pearce U21 side, PL appearances under he who shall not be named. 18k a week, Coyles captain. Genuinely poor I’m convinced they tried to inflate his value for an agents commission.

My favourite Lowe moment was a championship game he tried to send a pass across the pitch on the halfway... it went ten yards on the floor and Reading maybe Wigan got the ball and drove forwards.

Andrews did at least point forwards a lot so at least he showed some intent !

Thing that stuck out for me with Lowe was when he was in the England U21's I think he was captain and head and shoulders above most of the rest in terms of appearances in the Prem and a main part of a Prem first team squad. Watched a live game and was quite proud and exited because of all that with him being a Rovers player yet he was the worst player on the pitch by some chalk. Not just saying that now to knock him but was very disappointed at the time and couldn't see what all the talk was about him at all but then again it was mostly Kean talk.

He never changed or got any better as time went on and I do in a way feel a bit sorry for him because he's just one of those you stick a key in, turn it on and off he goes so it's a shame he never had a few season when young under a decent first team coaching staff and manager. Very little football talent to harness but he could've been made into a competitive right back maybe.

Then again after the contract he got here and the chances he was afforded under Bowyer etc any sympathy disappears he was a very lucky boy although no doubt he's always worked very hard. Had he come through at a lower league club not run my idiots and crooks he'd have struggled to make it very far up the ladder on ability.

• Like 2

Sod Lowe he's irrelevant but sending Bolton down would be sweet for a whole host of reasons it could be a highlight near the end of what will probably turn out to be a modest but respectable season

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3