BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The enigmatic Jason Lowe vortex

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, DE. said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/29/tt-got-lucky-class-bolton-wanderers-fans-react-to-phil-parkinson/

Ah, anybody remember this old debate about Lowey's best position actually being right back? Didn't work out so well for them yesterday!

Anything to keep him out of the middle and off the ball. 

To think the team bowyer had around him and Williamson in midfield. Crazy. 

• Like 1

Bowyer even had him at left back !

He did an admirable job at RB once or twice at Rovers and maybe if they'd pulled their heads out their arses and realized he'd never make the 5 million quid midfielder they were trying to make him into to flog he could've carved out a career at right back. Think it was far too late for him though at that point the shadow chasing was implanted into his DNA, odd that he's never actually played at the level his abilities suit but his time will come,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Backroom

Am I the only person didn't know he was at Salford City?

Just glanced up to see him blast one over the bar on Sky.

He's only 29. Should be peaking.

Had to go his Wiki to check age, and the picture on there is of him behind someone. 

How anonymous do you have to be that your own personal information page doesn't have you in the foreground. 

• Like 3

Who was it Nixon was saying was eyeing up a 5 million bid about 5 years ago ?

Some say TM should've been sacked for signing Brereton. Well Gary should have fell on his sword because of his obsession with this lad. 

Edited by tomphil

I don't think in all my time watching Rovers there has been a more inexplicable consistent figure in a team for as long as Jason Lowe was.

Never his fault that he was being picked by a few managers for so long, but why the hell was he? The level he finds himself at now really shines a light on the farce that was his continued selection, even though many of us could easily see it back then. I'll never understand the fans who defended him by saying he deserved his place.

That one goal he ever scored for us though was an absolute belter.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I don't think in all my time watching Rovers there has been a more inexplicable consistent figure in a team for as long as Jason Lowe was.

Never his fault that he was being picked by a few managers for so long, but why the hell was he? The level he finds himself at now really shines a light on the farce that was his continued selection, even though many of us could easily see it back then. I'll never understand the fans who defended him by saying he deserved his place.

That one goal he ever scored for us though was an absolute belter.

For the level we were playing at, Andrews was a similar inexplicable selection. 

Lowe is the archetypal Sunday League player. I get pissed off when I'm watching sunday league football and the bloke who is pissing with sweat, lunging into tackles and knackered is being lifted to the heavens by the sidelines for his effort. Then, when he finally gets the ball, he's that fucked he gives it away.

Lowe is that guy. Every Sunday League team has the "harrier" in the middle of the park - usually one of the worse players and gobby. Only problem is Lowe was professional, and you need to be able to pass and move and dribble in professional football. Sadly, he couldn't. Salford is his level, fair play to him too, he chose the club with the easiest route to promotion, highest wages and best facilities. Probably about right.

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

For the level we were playing at, Andrews was a similar inexplicable selection. 

Arguably, but personally I think he got more shit than he deserved, he was fractionally better than most made out. Out of his depth but his level was probably about Championship, where he scored 9 in 20 games for Ipswich. We are now seeing Lowe's was far lower (pun intended). He played in the Prem too though remember. Plus he stayed in the first team for far longer. It really is mind boggling.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Well he must have something about him if he keeps getting picked at this level’

’I’ll trust the opinion of professionals over ? on here who’ve probably never kicked a ball’

You'd think people would stop saying that shit after Lowe and all the other times professionals got it blatantly wrong. I can't stand that line of arguing, it's just a shutdown from people who don't know enough themselves to argue any better. It's entirely illogical, because professionals disagree with each other frequently about how good players are, too. It implies every professional gets every decision right and that's not even close to accurate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Makes you wonder if he was the 'first' project. Youth international, captained England at youth level, and was the next on the production line after a certain Phil Jones. 

I'm pretty critical of him, but fair play to Tony Mobrawy to be honest. If we'd have been relegated to L1 under any other manager during Venky's reign - you imagine he'd have been given a new deal. But within a few months - he's seen as not good enough and is moved on.

You do wonder if that may have been part of the catalyst for an improved academy. If he's the best we could produce at the time - it doesn't say much does it.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

I'm pretty critical of him, but fair play to Tony Mobrawy to be honest. If we'd have been relegated to L1 under any other manager during Venky's reign - you imagine he'd have been given a new deal. But within a few months - he's seen as not good enough and is moved on.

You do wonder if that may have been part of the catalyst for an improved academy. If he's the best we could produce at the time - it doesn't say much does it.

I believe he was asking for something like £20k p/w which the club rightly refused to pay. I imagine if he'd been more realistic with his demands he would have been kept on. Forunate for us that he wanted far more than he was worth. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

I believe he was asking for something like £20k p/w which the club rightly refused to pay. I imagine if he'd been more realistic with his demands he would have been kept on. Forunate for us that he wanted far more than he was worth. 

Jesus christ. Just imagine, he'd be one of our top earners nowadays. ?

If the right manager had got hold of him at the right time he'd still have been a terrible footballer but they might have made something of his graft and fitness. Our academy experts should've made him into a right back but there's no money in that they saw £££ from marketing him as this all action midfielder then selling him.

Allardyce or Hughes might have done summat with him for a while but his emergence was with that conman so true to form everybody got conned for a while. Probably including the player himself into thinking he was better than he was, somebody should have had him watching endless vids of Savage and those types. Even harrassing in midfield and closing down is an artform any fit player can do the headless chicken routine.

Number of times teams walked straight through the great holes he left used to boil my blood.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1