Sign in to follow this  
Bigdoggsteel

The enigmatic Jason Lowe vortex

1 minute ago, Phil T said:

If Lowe ends up at Bolton, something tells me he'll do well there. Unappreciated by his hometown club, and released on a free. What better way to redeem yourself than move to a local rival with a point to prove?

Watch this space... ^_^

Don't remember him playing for Wigan. :huh:

26 minutes ago, Phil T said:

If Lowe ends up at Bolton, something tells me he'll do well there. Unappreciated by his hometown club, and released on a free. What better way to redeem yourself than move to a local rival with a point to prove?

Watch this space... ^_^

I'd be more likely to believe this if he had an ounce of ability or footballing sense. As he possesses neither the chance of showing us what we're missing is slim.

Sneaky suspicion he'll be at Blackpool as Bowyer loves him and shoehorned him into every side.

He's definitely no Blackburner, Lowe has the biggest Wigan/Leigh accent you could wish to hear!

37 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Sneaky suspicion he'll be at Blackpool as Bowyer loves him and shoehorned him into every side.

Considering the following, I very much doubt that will happen.

- Reports of wage demands at about £10k p/w.

- Recent trial with Premier League side West Brom.

- Subsequent drop in quality of interest from two Championship sides who might closely match his wage demands.

If we can't afford his wages (if that ever really was the case), then Blackpool surely can't.

If he signs for Bolton he'll be on considerably less than he was on here but even if he'd stayed who would have been happy having him as one of the top paid players at league 1 Rovers ?

Not me i'm looking forwards to a midfield who can pass a bit, get forwards a bit and put some flipping tackles in.

My Bolton supporting friend from Leigh who used to go swimming with him as a young lad has said it'll be weird watching him, he's heard he isn't very good but tries hard and he loves a yellow card. Sounds about right really doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

Watch this space... ^_^

There's a reason he wasn't appreciated at his 'hometown' club (he's from Wigan actually though). Go on, I'll let you figure it out. Take your time.

On 30/07/2017 at 09:26, OnePhilT said:

Watch this space... ^_^

Still watching .....😉

I disagree with the title of this thread, how is Jason Lowe "enigmatic"?

Isn't he nearly always the same?

I'm pretty sure BDS was being sarcastic :lol:  I certainly hope so.

Lowe's post-Rovers' career has gone exactly as I thought it would. The detour to Birmingham was a bit random but injuries and shit performances were par for the course. He looked his usual self last Saturday, even got the mandatory yellow card to bring back those nostalgic memories.

Saturday reaffirmed it he's not missed here in any way shape or form and those 20k pwk wages have certainly been put to better use at Ewood.

That aimless jog alongside our players last week as we powered forward for the goal just made me most happy that it’s not us subjected to it anymore.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, knobblybottom said:

He's enigmatic because people talk about him a lot, despite any deficiencies as a footballer that he might have.

"The emergence of Jason Lowe is the reason why Michel Salgado is not in the team.."

Paul Agnew, Radio Lancashire interview, 2012 

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Saturday reaffirmed it he's not missed here in any way shape or form and those 20k pwk wages have certainly been put to better use at Ewood.

From watching it through the laptop, I can only agree. Lot of huff, puff, and arm waving. The most significant thing he did was (unsurprisingly) pick up a completely stupid yellow card.

Look at it this way, Smallwood does everything Lowe can do ,only better, and we are debating whether he should be in the team. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

9 minutes ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

From watching it through the laptop, I can only agree. Lot of huff, puff, and arm waving. The most significant thing he did was (unsurprisingly) pick up a completely stupid yellow card.

I think he won one tackle to be fair but yes the only other thing he did was get the card rest of the game he was totally anonymous and not in a 'doing his job' kind of way.

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mystic tomphil! 

He fits in well there to be fair they have a team of grafters just very little quality, if he was any good he'd stand out.

13 minutes ago, 47er said:

A poor man's Kevin Andrews.

..... or even Keith Andrews !

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Heard that some Rovers fans booed him on Saturday. Which if true is appalling behaviour in my book.

Can anyone confirm that?

It was only the once from memory. It wasn't like he was booed on a regular basis. It was a fairly typical Lowe performance with the game largely passing him by.