Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bigdoggsteel

The enigmatic Jason Lowe vortex

Recommended Posts

End of the day he captained the side to relegation with a load of insipid performances then bailed out first chance he got because he thought he was too good for league one Rovers.

Not complaining about him bailing because at least we got rid but one or two might feel entitled to be a bit agrieved at that after he'd had a free run at Rovers and filled his pockets nicely.

I don't think he constitutes a hate figure amongst Rovers fan base but it isn't unusual to hand out a bit of stick to a former player whose ended up at a local rival. If it put him off a bit it did the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the happiness when he departed he should've been given a standing ovation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

End of the day he captained the side to relegation with a load of insipid performances then bailed out first chance he got because he thought he was too good for league one Rovers.

I'm pretty sure as he was released to cut the wage bill..whether he wanted to or not i dont think the club gave him the choice. 

Looking back I think relegation for a year has made us much stronger. There was some proper dross in that squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benhben said:

I'm pretty sure as he was released to cut the wage bill..whether he wanted to or not i dont think the club gave him the choice. 

Looking back I think relegation for a year has made us much stronger. There was some proper dross in that squad. 

Well his contract was up so he wouldn't have been offered the same and TM made noises about wanting to keep him but the impression was he was off looking for the biggest wage he could get. Bolton wanted him there and then they'd been tracking him ages but he went to Brum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he would have been offered closer to what he and his performances were worth. I do think TM may have kept him if he had agreed to that lower fee but on the flip side I doubt he was overly bothered that he didn't. Lowe obviously felt he deserved his wage and assumed other clubs would snap him up. Didn't really work out like that and he had no choice to sign somewhere on realistic wages - he wont be getting anywhere near what he was here at Bolton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bolton had a 4k pwk or thereabouts wage cap imposed by their embargo, probably in effect when he signed.

Spearing was on about 19 grand a week there allegedly so that's some downgrade in wages for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I think he would have been offered closer to what he and his performances were worth. I do think TM may have kept him if he had agreed to that lower fee but on the flip side I doubt he was overly bothered that he didn't. Lowe obviously felt he deserved his wage and assumed other clubs would snap him up. Didn't really work out like that and he had no choice to sign somewhere on realistic wages - he wont be getting anywhere near what he was here at Bolton. 

That’s about 50p a week then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesnt sound like it's going so well at Bolton.

https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2018/12/3/18121252/five-things-bolton-wanderers-1-1-wigan-athletic

Unfortunately, Williams and Lowe are pretty poor on the ball. Lowe, by any measure, must be considered one of the poorest players that we have ever had. His lack of interest in anything other than a backwards pass is really starting to become a hindrance to any sort of attacking momentum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure I remember their fans saying what a great signing he was when they went on that not to be sustained run in August.

^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DE. said:

Form is temporary, class or lack thereof is permanent 

Honest to God the minute coyle made him captain, alarm bells started going off. It was the move of a moron. He looked past the fact he wasn't leadership material and appointed him just because he was local. He probably did something similar at a club before and it worked. I had a bad feeling we were in big trouble. Not Lowes fault, but those that have enabled him lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been a lot of lows (no pun intended) during the Venky's era, but Lowe being made captain was one of the worst. I'd made a joke about it a couple of years prior, but when it actually happened it was anything but funny. You knew right then that things were only going in one direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s probably first in training and last out.  A good pro who is probably up the gaffers arse a bit more than the rest to compensate for his lesser abilities.....as Dean Saunders said once, “they are the ones that get you sacked”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always funny reading the epiphanies of Rovers fans once a player stops wearing the blue and white halves...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the number of games he played for us he must top the list of the most ineffectual players we've ever had and I include Ashley Ward in that list.

He was a very lucky boy to have a career in football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky to have a career at the level he's had for sure if ever there was an honest lower league ability grafter it's Lowe.

Very lucky to just be coming up at the time dastardly and clueless mutley were swinging their plans into action !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Bolton's problems aren't his fault (except for the handicap the team suffers whenever he's on the field) but the man's a plague. Wherever he goes misery isn't far behind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Lucky to have a career at the level he's had for sure if ever there was an honest lower league ability grafter it's Lowe.

Very lucky to just be coming up at the time dastardly and clueless mutley were swinging their plans into action !

Assuming he's being paid of course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, 47er said:

Assuming he's being paid of course!

Doubt he's short of a few bob after his stint here 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/12/2018 at 20:18, tomphil said:

Lucky to have a career at the level he's had for sure if ever there was an honest lower league ability grafter it's Lowe.

Very lucky to just be coming up at the time dastardly and clueless mutley were swinging their plans into action !

I honestly think even that is a myth. Gets nowhere near the ball ever and never got a foot in.

I still maintain that with Smallwood in our midfield instead then we wouldn't have gone down.

 

On 05/12/2018 at 19:58, Stuart said:

Always funny reading the epiphanies of Rovers fans once a player stops wearing the blue and white halves...

Did anyone ever rate him?

Edited by S8 & Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I honestly think even that is a myth. Gets nowhere near the ball ever and never got a foot in.

I still maintain that with Smallwood in our midfield instead then we wouldn't have gone down.

 

Did anyone ever rate him?

Paging Jim to the thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

 

Did anyone ever rate him?

Stuart was probably his biggest fan!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I honestly think even that is a myth. Gets nowhere near the ball ever and never got a foot in.

I still maintain that with Smallwood in our midfield instead then we wouldn't have gone down.

 

Did anyone ever rate him?

Some liked him because he ran around a lot allegedly doing the dirty work except he didn't do that work really he just ran around a lot. Wasn't what we needed at all and yes Smallwood was a breath of fresh air last season whereas Lowe would've been same old same old.

Anonymous in the relegation season but he thought he was going on to bigger and better things when his contract ran out so it was a case of going through the motions and remain unscathed I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

drog was a fan. He said Lowe was unfairly pilloried by the fans here (a la Wilcox, Carsley Sherwood etc.) and that every team needs a water carrier. He failed to mention that your water carrier has,at times, to carry some water.

I maintain my view that Lowe is playing 3 leagues at least above his ability level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.