BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shane Duffy

Caught with his pants down, couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Not surprised that he pulled the old 'do you not know who I am' card. He's pretty full of himself.

http://www.90min.com/posts/4970611-photos-brighton-star-caught-up-in-messy-cheat-storm-after-being-pictured-in-another-woman-s-bed?a_aid=35507

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He was terrible for Ireland against Austria at the weekend. Every pass he tried went over the touchline. Although he did have a legitimate goal disallowed. 

It hit him on the arm, nowhere near his 'look at me I'm Shane Duffy' big head.

He was crap though.

I think the Ref would have disallowed for a foul on the keeper anyway. Not that there was one imo

Ireland played well and so did Austria. Delighted for Walters, great endeavour to get on the end of a huge hoof out of the Irish defence.

50 minutes ago, donnermeat said:

How can you do something like that to the mother of your children (and your children) when she is at home looking after your two kids?

It's fairly common although I wouldn't personally you'd be surprised as plenty of people on work trips I've seen are at reception asking for an extra pillow.

Duffy will be found out in the Prem big time if he's selected  unless Brighton come up with a system that forces the opposition to pump balls down the middle onto his large but empty head. Plenty dangerous counter attacks will come from his aimless long 'passes' though.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He was terrible for Ireland against Austria at the weekend. Every pass he tried went over the touchline. Although he did have a legitimate goal disallowed. 

I saw the game and he was wearing his Adidas Toblerone boots that we regularly saw. He boomed one ball up field and it found Walters in space and in on goal. It was an absolute fluke yet the commentators were eulogising about it.

He will be an absolute liability in the PL next season.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It hit him on the arm, nowhere near his 'look at me I'm Shane Duffy' big head.

He was crap though.

I think the Ref would have disallowed for a foul on the keeper anyway. Not that there was one imo

Ireland played well and so did Austria. Delighted for Walters, great endeavour to get on the end of a huge hoof out of the Irish defence.

Our entire game plan was huge hoof. We were terrible first 45. Lucky not to be 2 down. Did well to salvage a point, thanks to Walters. Wales drawing was a good result for us. We will need to improve to get out of the group. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Our entire game plan was huge hoof. We were terrible first 45. Lucky not to be 2 down. Did well to salvage a point, thanks to Walters. Wales drawing was a good result for us. We will need to improve to get out of the group. 

Yes it was quite hoofball. Enjoyed it though.

I watched Wales until halftime and fell asleep, it was a bit late.

Saw all the highlights via youtube though as soon as I woke up.

I always want the Irish, Welsh and even the Scots to do well in tournaments, if not playing England.

24 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes it was quite hoofball. Enjoyed it though.

I watched Wales until halftime and fell asleep, it was a bit late.

Saw all the highlights via youtube though as soon as I woke up.

I always want the Irish, Welsh and even the Scots to do well in tournaments, if not playing England.

What about the Northern Irish ;) 

• 5 months later...
48 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Awful way to go out, I don't know what happened us, but thats football.

On Duffy , I spoke with a relative of his a few weeks ago. He said he liked Rovers , but that he found it impossible to get on with Coyle, thats why he left. 

Any quality youngsters coming through?Anyone the media building up back home?

Back in 2002 was great when we had exciting talent like Duff and Robbie Keane.

What are they saying over there about the future of O'Neill?Are the likes of Brady and Dunphy calling for change?

51 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Awful way to go out, I don't know what happened us, but thats football.

On Duffy , I spoke with a relative of his a few weeks ago. He said he liked Rovers , but that he found it impossible to get on with Coyle, thats why he left. 

Helped with a gentle nudge or two towards the door maybe ?

The powers that be needed the money, club needed wages cutting and partners needed their %

I think the same might have applied to Hanley, Rhodes etc although it's an easy line to peddle .. club blames player (always the case at Rovers), player blames club, manager, owners etc.

Truth in the middle somewhere.

26 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Any quality youngsters coming through?Anyone the media building up back home?

Back in 2002 was great when we had exciting talent like Duff and Robbie Keane.

What are they saying over there about the future of O'Neill?Are the likes of Brady and Dunphy calling for change?

Ah a few coming through, but no Duffs , Keanes(Roy or Robbie) , Mcgraths or any number of great players we have had over the years. I still think we should try and play football more than we have under Trapatonni or O'Neill mibd. I'm not buying that how we play is the only way to get results. 

I was at the game, so missed the punditry. O'Neill stormed off when a reporter (Tony O'Donoghue) was asking him questions after the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't sign the new contract to be honest. 

Ah a few coming through, but no Duffs , Keanes(Roy or Robbie) , Mcgraths or any number of great players we have had over the years. I still think we should try and play football more than we have under Trapatonni or O'Neill mibd. I'm not buying that how we play is the only way to get results. 

I was at the game, so missed the punditry. O'Neill stormed off when a reporter (Tony O'Donoghue) was asking him questions after the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't sign the new contract to be honest. 

Let me finish LOL.

He was clearly angry, but just about maintaining control....

Any names being touted about if O'Neill does go?

19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Any names being touted about if O'Neill does go?

Roy Keane, Big Mick, Allardyce. The usual suspects. Chris Hughton would be the number 1 choice I would imagine, but I don't see why he would have any interest in it at this stage. They should have a look at Michael O'Neill, although our friends over the border probably wouldn't be too happy with that. Hard to know who would get it really.

Who would you want? 

Archived