BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, Shrimper said:

If you's are not comfortably amoung the top 3 positions come Xmas time, he will be gone. And rightly so. 

I don't get this fascination with TM. He's not that good of a manager. There's so many decent managers at this level, who aren't star names, but who would get the very best out of your squad, and get you's out of this league at the first attempt. I'd even back our perma-tanned gaffer to do the business for you. 

Can you make a list and send it to India?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

No chance I'd have played Mulgrew, Nyambe isn't good enough as a centre half, Tomlinson deserves a chance, and why not give Chapman a go?

Can't believe Nyambe is, without a doubt one of the worst players I've seen for us.

11 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

No chance I'd have played Mulgrew, Nyambe isn't good enough as a centre half, Tomlinson deserves a chance, and why not give Chapman a go?

Will it not be Ward and Mulgrew at CB? Although yeah one of Nyambe/Caddis is out of position somehow.

Summat like this:-                        

Raya

Nyambe Ward Mulgrew

Caddis     Smallwood   Evans    Williams

Feeney                   Bennett

Samuel      

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

-----------------Raya

-------Ward---Mulgrew---Williams

Caddis-----Evans---Smallwood---Nyambe

-----------Bennet---Feeney

---------------Samuel

something like?

If it is 3-4-2-1 or similar, it's again complicating it for me. But let's hope I'm left eating my words.

Reckon Blueboy has the line up bang on above.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, davulsukur said:

-----------------Raya

-------Ward---Mulgrew---Williams

Caddis-----Evans---Smallwood---Nyambe

-----------Bennet---Feeney

---------------Samuel

something like?

Sorry didn't see this before I posted mine. Looks like it mate. Maybe swap Nyambe for Williams. Can't see how else the players fit.

If we don't know the formation or where people are going to play, neither will the opposition. That's tactics and now is the time to experiment.

I've only scanned over some responses but a few jumped out like, Mowbray needs to stick to a formation. He doesn't. He needs league wins, nothing more, what we do in the cup games should underpin the league games. Also, hasn't frequent criticism of previous managers been that they have no plan B if things aren't going well?

This cup great timing for us. We need our best players gelling together asap - they have only played a handful of games and the feedback was we looked unfit on Saturday (although I expect protective substitutions around the hour). Mulgrew is a sick note but he has also missed part of pre season and needs match fitness.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Who thought he was the messiah?

I don't know anyone personally, but we have a chant going round, which started last season and has carried on in pre season friendlies. Something like we've got Tony Mowbraaaaaay, so I think a few are expecting god like things of him.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Context is everything. We've just had to endure Coyle, and earlier Kean. Mowbray is a breath of fresh air in comparison, he's generally regarded as a man of integrity, has a passion for the game and wants to do right by the club. For those reasons I think a lot of Rovers fans, understandably, want him to do well.

Bang on the money there blueboy IMO. We haven't got off to the start we would all want but let's give this team a little time to gel. Come Xmas if it's not working then that would be the time to change. 

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I've only scanned over some responses but a few jumped out like, Mowbray needs to stick to a formation. He doesn't. He needs league wins, nothing more, what we do in the cup games should underpin the league games. Also, hasn't frequent criticism of previous managers been that they have no plan B if things aren't going well?

The problem is that he doesn't seem to know what his Plan A, B and C actually are.

Just now, RV Blue said:

The problem is that he doesn't seem to know what his Plan A, B and C actually are.

He's inherited a side deep in the relegation zone, until the summer he hadn't brought a single player to the club and has one game of the season under his belt. Patience and perspective is needed (in my opinion).

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

If it is 3-4-2-1 or similar, it's again complicating it for me. But let's hope I'm left eating my words.

Reckon Blueboy has the line up bang on above.

If you're playing three at the back, those three need to have pace. Where is it?