BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

48 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

He might be ok as a backup CB, especially if we stick with 3 at the back but he's never a full back or wing back.

I'll go along with that although i'd prefer to avoid the 3 at the back if poss, we aren't good enough to carry it off imo.

Good effort tonight, much needed confidence boosting win altho oppo has to be taken into account.

Edited by tomphil

7 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

tonight was a pointless game to get our only decent player injured

it will not be worth it if we lose on sat. very poor management 

but hey i am not allowed to say that.... 

Get a grip man, do you not remember the full members cup final or the Worthy cup final?

Pointless?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

we beat a 4th division team and all is happy again in clappy land

A win is a win. Gives confidence to the game

25 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

maybe but a few on here have forgot 7 years

No nobody forgotten what happened but cant change the past. Only the future. You are NAPM so you dont games so what is agenda?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Did you enjoy the result tonight or was it not what you wanted? Genuine question.

Objection. Leading.

Have to be satisfied with a win in the cup. But all we can say so far is that we have a team capable of competing with League 2 opposition.

Let's hope that we can build on this. It's no use us saying that x, y or z team is a tough one. I don't buy this Southend are decent nonsense either. We should be the top dogs in League 1, especially given our wage bill and infrastructure. It's no good scrapping it out and hoping for the play offs.

However, we cannot be 'happy' with what we have in these first two games. With a backdrop of an supposed injury to Lenihan (and by 'supposed' I mean I don't believe that he is injured at all, and looking more like trying to engineer a move - Mahoney was leapt on for less) and another injury to the glassware footballer that is Mulgrew - both of whom should be (and were) candidates to lead this ragtag outfit - I'm not convinced that all is well.

Trouble is, as we have seen so many times before, the fans simply bag such players off and ultimately call for them to be cashed in on - then as for the players left, it's "well what can you expect they aren't good enough" and the acclimatisation continues.

Let's hope our League 2 opposition matches are confined to the Cup for the foreseeable future - the focus must absolutely be on getting out of this division by the top rather than the bottom. If this gives us momentum great but the jury is out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, A cup of beans said:

Time will tell, if we can gel.

Never been a fan of it aside from odd games as I think you need really good players to master it and certainly a leader or two organising it. 

19 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

tonight was a pointless game to get our only decent player injured

it will not be worth it if we lose on sat. very poor management 

but hey i am not allowed to say that.... 

You are entitled to say what you want, I often agree with a lot of what you say but also disagree with some of it too.

Mulgrew would get injured opening a jam jar and him getting another knock is no shock. It's still annoying though because he is our key man. Rock and hard place with him, needs 60 - 70 mins to build up fitness, massively important for the league games but would be a liability if he isn't fit.  We also need lengthy cup runs to add measly amounts to out meagre budgets.

17 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Gav

you know we are in the third division with a threadbare squad?

carry on

Full Members Cup?

2nd division with a threadbare squad? did you go?

Need I carry on?

Just now, MGPensioner said:

Thats the point

He is our key man and TM knows it. 

But he also isn't match conditioned, so it is catch 22. I personally think he lacks mental toughness and most of his knocks and strains are just run of the mill. Only guessing though.

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10980119/coventry-1-3-blackburn

Looks as if we dominated tbh. Happy with those highlights as a turnaround from Saturday. Let's use it for Donny and get ourselves a home win!

I'll be in Disneyland Paris for that game!

Gladwin's looks like he's been busy with the sun-in, the big gorgeous blonde bombshell.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

From Andy Bayes

Mulgrew will be fine for Saturday. 

So no needed for panic again for certain members on here

You out here now chaddy...been hiding and now gloating for some reason cos smallwood smacked a deflected shot into the net.   Strange chap....always having a snidey dig

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You out here now chaddy...been hiding and now gloating for some reason cos smallwood smacked a deflected shot into the net.   Strange chap....always having a snidey dig

Hiding? I dont think so. 

Been spending with Family and friends. Is that not allow by yours rules or something? 

A number of Rovers fans said Smallwood had a good game tonight aswell as Mark Atkins on radio Lancs. 

Some people will.always find a reason to moan on here after a win

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Exactly what I thought.

was in hiding after saturday like he was when the messiah Paul Senior turned out to be a fake god

he needs to go bed early so he can post the match report at 5am

?

Just keep up this BS up. 

Oh by the way Match report already online on the Rovers website and the LT site

Why are you even on here for?

Are you even bothered by results or just certain topics that suit your agenda? 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1