BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I'd sooner just never have to play them, ever again. I'd be quite happy in life if I never had to watch Rovers play them for the remainder of my existence such is my hatred for them and the people who organise the fixture.

Holy moley, it's a football game. Much more important things in life, and if you can't take the winding up after the trophies, cup runs, players, European excersions and unbeaten runs we've had over them, what can you take!?

This fixture spices up football, it makes it interesting and for once it's a nice distraction from the league, we are the under dogs and they have a lot more to lose.

Life's too short for hating people for choice of club they support. Mental.

Edited by Biz
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Holy moley, it's a football game. Much more important things in life, and if you can't take the winding up after the trophies, cup runs, players, European excersions and unbeaten runs we've had over them, what can you take!?

This fixture spices up football, it makes it interesting and for once it's a nice distraction from the league, we are the under dogs and they have a lot more to lose.

Life's too short for hating people for choice of club they support. Mental.

Very good post.

As you get older, the fixture means less and less to you.

• Like 3

End of the day we are in the third division, ergo our players aren't as good as theirs, so I expect to get beat and there's no point getting worked up about it - just a sobering reminder of the destruction these people have caused.

However, what will annoy me is that as JH alludes to; a potential bouncing occasion will be anything but due to a combination of 1970s Belfast style policing, live TV coverage and likely silly ticket pricing ensuring a crap gate 

• Like 3

The gate will almost certainly be the highest all season but it will no doubt disappoint by coming no where near a sell out or even what you'd hope for. I'm going for 18-20k maybe more if they sell out.

Having decided I would no longer step foot in Ewood while the Venkys reign supreme I for one fully intend to stick to it and this fixture nor any other will tempt me in. Next game for me will be Bradford followed by Rochdale. 

• Like 3

Cheston will be rubbing his hands together. Pays the electric bill for another month.

On the pitch, we need to get our defence in order quickly before this one to at least keep it tight.

No-lose situation really. We would expect to lose, but win and it might give us a boost for the league.

I believe that for recent league meetings between us and them the planning starts months in advance with meetings between both clubs and police. Given the short notice I wonder if the normally rigid travel arrangements might be relaxed as they were for the FA Cup replay over a decade ago.

I would love Rovers to restrict the ticket allocation to them to a bare minimum whatever that is. Last time we went there we only got just over half of the Shittyfield End but that was a league game. As somebody said earlier the pound signs will be lighting up in Chestons eyes.

• Like 2

Selling their two best players each season and replacing em with cheap options ,We ve seen what happens there.if you dont  buy quality.. they soon will be a joining us in the lower leagues..espec if Dyche gets sick of it and walks.Expect Burnley are on a bit of downer , seeing best players Keane and Gray go.(ironic if they now go for Rhodes!)....A good hiding first at Chelsea  + No goals against  West Brom..and then...... ...

Edited by JC4LAB
spell check etc
  • Like 3

Just now, JC4LAB said:

Selling their two best players each season and replacing em with cheap options ,We ve seen what happens there.if you dont  buy quality.. they soon we be a joining us in the lower leagues..espec if Dyche gets sick of it and walks.Expect Burnley are on a bit of downer , seeing best players Keane and Gray go.(ironic if they now go for Rhodes!)....A good hiding first at Chelsea  + No goals against  West Brom..and then...... ...

That'd be great but the reality is they've still retained the nucleus of a team that has been together a long while and played in the same pattern for years. We're a team that hardly knows each other and still hasn't found a way of playing.

As I see it the gap in respective abilities is greater now than it was in the famous 5-0 thrashing years ago. I'm just hoping it's not as bad as that on the night.

I can't see them going for Rhodes but it would be great if they did.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

40 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I believe that for recent league meetings between us and them the planning starts months in advance with meetings between both clubs and police. Given the short notice I wonder if the normally rigid travel arrangements might be relaxed as they were for the FA Cup replay over a decade ago.

I would love Rovers to restrict the ticket allocation to them to a bare minimum whatever that is. Last time we went there we only got just over half of the Shittyfield End but that was a league game. As somebody said earlier the pound signs will be lighting up in Chestons eyes.

I'm afraid the opposite will apply. The only concern of Cheston's will be maximising the away allocation as much as possible. He might even open the mothballed Legends Lounge for them like last time. Any buffer zone will be taken from the home areas so expect the end blocks of the Riverside and Jack Walker stands to be shut down with some season ticket holders being told to move elsewhere.

I expect the maximum allocation the police will allow will be about 5,000 or so. They'll be bricking it and won't be able to cope at this short notice with 7,000+dingles coming down the motorway. They might even struggle to find bus companies prepared to risk their vehicles being trashed which might prevent the ludicrous travel arrangements.

Lets also remember that the strict travel arrangements were actually relaxed for the Dingles last time they came to Rovers as West/North Lancashire based fans were able to travel to Ewood outside the convoy on independently arranged buses. No such freedom was afforded to Rovers fans for the return fixture. I suspect the excuse is that owing to Ewood's proximity to the motorway and vastly superior facilities that it is much easier to control/manage fans and buses than at their cesspit in the town centre.

For those suggesting we will get turned over easily, think Lincoln or Accrington Stanley. Lincoln on their own patch prevented them getting into the quarter final, for the first time in my lifetime and I am 52. They will bottle this I reckon and embarrass themselves, yet again. COYB

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The way I look at it is - how many of our players would get in their 1st  team ? Mulgrew maybe , and then you've said it.

How many of Trelleborg's would get in to our mid 90's side?

I'm happy to be the underdog on this one. Almost no pressure and I personally think they are in for a torrid season, let it start here.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, lraC said:

For those suggesting we will get turned over easily, think Lincoln or Accrington Stanley. Lincoln on their own patch prevented them getting into the quarter final, for the first time in my lifetime and I am 52. They will bottle this I reckon and embarrass themselves, yet again. COYB

I must correct you, Burnley have reached the quarter final twice in your lifetime ( 1982-83 & 2002-03 ) and the semi final once ( 1973-74 ,when we actually finished 3rd in the Cup, as there was a 3/4th place play off game that season )..

To cheer you up, we are though the only top-flight Club to lose twice at home to non-league opposition in the FA Cup, Lincoln last season and Wimbledon in 1974-75 ....:o

Edited by sympatheticclaret
reads better
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Very good post.

As you get older, the fixture means less and less to you.

Are you sure :blink:

I'm already pacing round the front room, unable to eat properly and the games weeks away.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

Hopefully they'll stick this one on tv, although I feel if they do, it'll encourage those who are boycotting, to stay away, which is a shame, as it'd be nice to see Ewood packed for this one. 

It's a cup game, so anything can happen, but Mowbray needs to fire the lads up for this.

Maybe even get David Dunn in for a pre-game motivational talk, or at the very least stand Infront of the scum fans & caress the badge for 90 minutes  :lol::lol:

C'mon Rovers, iron these mugs out. 

• Like 2