BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

End of the day we are in the third division, ergo our players aren't as good as theirs, so I expect to get beat and there's no point getting worked up about it - just a sobering reminder of the destruction these people have caused.

Last season, they lost to Lincoln in the cup. 

Anything can happen....

50 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I must correct you, Burnley have reached the quarter final twice in your lifetime ( 1982-83 & 2002-03 ) and the semi final once ( 1973-74 ,when we actually finished 3rd in the Cup, as there was a 3/4th place play off game that season )..

To cheer you up, we are though the only top-flight Club to lose twice at home to non-league opposition in the FA Cup, Lincoln last season and Wimbledon in 1974-75 ....:o

Sorry, I obviously don't follow things, quote as closely as a fan, so thanks for the information. I genuinely do not ever remember a play off for 3 and 4th place, but given I was 10 I have obviously forgotten. I knew the bit about losing to non league as top flight. I think the Wimbledon one, was when their keeper was Dickie Guy, who saved a Peter Lorimer penalty in a later round. We all have the embarrassing  ones I guess. :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not happy with this draw at all. 

The positives? At least we're at home and won't have to travel to their place under any circumstances, and we've a chance, albeit a small one, of re-starting the clock by beating them. Other than that I'm struggling.

The downside? Mass hysteria for the next fortnight. Almost certainly will be a Sky TV game meaning it is shifted to Wednesday/Thursday and will damage the home gate. Expect Rovers to get greedy and charge £25 a ticket, missing out on a chance to pack the ground. Worst of all we'll have Lancashire Police doing their bit to ruin the occasion. Expect military style regulations in place, vast swathes of Ewood netted off for 'segregation'. They do enjoy wrecking the 'occasion' so they'll be busy in their offices tomorrow scheming new ways to make it as difficult as possible to attend and Rovers will just take it.

That's before we get round to the football and those scum coming to Ewood Park as heavy favourites sitting 2 divisions above us and it brings into focus our demise that it will be considered a minor miracle if we manage to beat them, which is itself sickening.

I'd sooner just never have to play them, ever again. I'd be quite happy in life if I never had to watch Rovers play them for the remainder of my existence such is my hatred for them and the people who organise the fixture.

Yep. This is the match to really rub our noses in it.

Edited by Stuart

4 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I must correct you, Burnley have reached the quarter final twice in your lifetime ( 1982-83 & 2002-03 ) and the semi final once ( 1973-74 ,when we actually finished 3rd in the Cup, as there was a 3/4th place play off game that season )..

To cheer you up, we are though the only top-flight Club to lose twice at home to non-league opposition in the FA Cup, Lincoln last season and Wimbledon in 1974-75 ....:o

That 3/4 position play off game must have been a short lived experiment. I don't remember it at all.

• Like 1

Great oportunity here for some clever marketing from Rovers...

Make it a £5 for ST holders

£15 for non ST holders but throw in a ticket for the Fleetwood game (as it's on telly anyway).

Not off-putting prices and should guarantee a few more through the gate for the league game.  Build momentum.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Great oportunity here for some clever marketing from Rovers...

Make it a £5 for ST holders

£15 for non ST holders but throw in a ticket for the Fleetwood game (as it's on telly anyway).

Not off-putting prices and should guarantee a few more through the gate for the league game.  Build momentum.

The club threw in the Bournemouth game if I remember rightly, when played them a few years back. We lost and the stadium was empty for the game against the Cherries. 

20 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

The club threw in the Bournemouth game if I remember rightly, when played them a few years back. We lost and the stadium was empty for the game against the Cherries. 

Yes but this time if we lose it is 'as you were'.   Back then we were expected to win.  Get a win and it pays of big time. Lose and we should still get more through the gate for another local fixture.  

Burnley have sold Keane and Gray and I think it's pretty certain it's with the blessing of Dyche otherwise he would have walked and into a very good club within weeks.  He knew it was time for Keane to move on and the offer was just too good for Gray.  How many seasons have Southampton sold their 'star' men yet seem to improve year on year.  I think Burnley will be fine this season although I think the next few weeks are going to be very interesting for the club and their supporters in more ways than one !!!

Didn't realise this match is to be played so soon (w.c. 21 Aug.).  If it's on tv, a friend (Burnley fan) is putting on a bit of a bash at his house so looking forward to some friendly rivalry and banter which is just as it should be.

Edited by Mercer

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There won't be 31,000 on at Ewood again in my lifetime.

The maximum capacity will only be about 25,000. They'll block off 2,000+ seats in the Darwen End at the front and sides and another 2,000-3,000 seats in the Riverside and Jack Walker which has been the regular thing whenever a decent crowd has turned up. Some bright spark came up with the idea and now it happens every time there is a large away following.

Ewood Park is actually blessed in that in theory pretty much every seat in the ground should be occupied if the demand is there. 4 separate stands means no need for seats to be netted off as police can provide a buffer between stands. Unlike at modern bowls where a block either side needs to be used to keep away fans from home fans.

Just imagine the police trying to tell Arsenal/Liverpool/Man Utd to reduce their capacity by 5,000 for a buffer zone! Wouldn't happen yet it does at Rovers.

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

Burnley have sold Keane and Gray and I think it's pretty certain it's with the blessing of Dyche otherwise he would have walked and into a very good club within weeks.  He knew it was time for Keane to move on and the offer was just too good for Gray.  How many seasons have Southampton sold their 'star' men yet seem to improve year on year.  I think Burnley will be fine this season although I think the next few weeks are going to be very interesting for the club and their supporters in more ways than one !!!

Didn't realise this match is to be played so soon (w.c. 21 Aug.).  If it's on tv, a friend (Burnley fan) is putting on a bit of a bash at his house so looking forward to some friendly rivalry and banter which is just as it should be.

The dingles are looking to replace Keane with Craig Dawson from West Brom according to a pal of mine. Dawson's a good " stopper " but not in the same league as Keane for football ability. He went to the school I worked at, nice lad but the corner unit he made in CDT was almost firewood.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There won't be 31,000 on at Ewood again in my lifetime.

The potential is there not sure on 31k though, they'd be back in droves if we ever got back to the promised land. Some people just want to watch top flight football same in every club. 

How any Rovers fan cannot get a little bit excited about this fixture beggars belief.

We are playing our sworn enemy, two league apart or not they are the blasted enemy, our arch rivals and colours that are a symbol of hate to blue and white fans.

The dingles have current top dog status, so what? We have lorded over them for 36yrs and more. Bring it on, lets give it a shot, we are not expected to win BUT its Rovers v dingle fc at Ewood, lets rock the place.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Burnley making a 15 million bid for Chris Wood from Leeds according to the sun

Looks like they are  preparing for championship football.......Dyche wont want 2 relegations on his CV , watch this space ....

Edited by Waggy76

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

How any Rovers fan cannot get a little bit excited about this fixture beggars belief.

We are playing our sworn enemy, two league apart or not they are the blasted enemy, our arch rivals and colours that are a symbol of hate to blue and white fans.

The dingles have current top dog status, so what? We have lorded over them for 36yrs and more. Bring it on, lets give it a shot, we are not expected to win BUT its Rovers v dingle fc at Ewood, lets rock the place.

good post

i can't believe some of the things i'm reading....i get seriously p####d off if they score against me on fifa

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Burnley making a 15 million bid for Chris Wood from Leeds according to the sun

Lol. One good Championship season and they're at £15 million?

If being well managed and having a canny manager means £25 million on Jack Cork and Chris Wood I'd sooner not thanks.