BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wee with the willy we've got. And no, I'm not taking the pish.

Fully expect this to be another painful episode in the slo-mo car crash that is Venky's tenure at our once proud club. Sadly there is a clear gulf between us and them and whilst we might get a bit excited about the prospect of playing premiership level opponents in a cup competition, the reality is that we have a bunch of journeymen whose commitment has already been called into question, are operating under a mystifying alchemical tactical fug on and off the pitch, and barring an absolute miracle, the turd dwellers won't even need to get out of first gear to roll emphatically over us.

Ok it is a knockout competition, and the sheep worriers have form in recent years for slipping up. So, let's hope we stick it up em and cause an upset - I don't kid myself that there'll be any riots in six-fingersville if Rovers win, but I do hope we can at least hold our heads higher than of late on the Thursday morning for all the right reasons.

Feck em.

Feck Venkys. Backwards stawt.

Why are tickets not on sale for this yet? Just over a week until the fixture takes place, 3 days since it was announced the game would be on the Wednesday, 4 days since the draw was made. I envisage a record low crowd for a Rovers v Dingles game which I suspect is exactly what the 'authorities' want too.

Just now, JHRover said:

Why are tickets not on sale for this yet? Just over a week until the fixture takes place, 3 days since it was announced the game would be on the Wednesday, 4 days since the draw was made. I envisage a record low crowd for a Rovers v Dingles game which I suspect is exactly what the 'authorities' want too.

My cynical side says we were waiting for the TV fixtures to be announced.

Now that they have, and we're not one of them, they will probably stick a few quid on the price.

I really don't want to have to go to this game. The thought of getting turned over by them is deeply upsetting. It's bad enough being 2 leagues below them however I avoid areas of the internet where there fans gloat however having to listen to a couple of thousand of them lording it over them really upsets me.

West Ham vs Cheltenham selected for TV on the Wednesday. Sky sports are a joke man. I was attending anyway but I hope the club don't charge stupid prices, they've got an opportunity to get a lot on now if they make the prices reasonable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I really don't want to have to go to this game. The thought of getting turned over by them is deeply upsetting. It's bad enough being 2 leagues below them however I avoid areas of the internet where there fans gloat however having to listen to a couple of thousand of them lording it over them really upsets me.

Just keep thinking back to their 2 cup fiascos last season. :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, des said:

22 pound for a lea cup game even if it is against  burnley missed a trick there should of been 10 pound season tickets or 15 pound for none season ticket holders

Think 18 quid for season ticket holders is pretty reasonable too be fair, should have made it 18 for none season ticket holders too mind. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Apparently it is if they are in 1875.

Can't imagine that many None season ticket holders will be in the 1875 but I might be wrong. If we somehow win this weekend hopefully that can help get a few more numbers on.

I think there'll hopefully be a decent crowd on with it being the holidays still and priced like that.  Ok £18 not the cheapest for a League cup game but for me I can take both kids for £6, I'm sure others will do,  They often miss the midweek games but will be no issues with school etc so hopefully can get a few in.

Interesting to compare the price to Sheff Utd for same round:

Blades v Leicester, League Cup, Tuesday 22nd August.

Adults - £15

Concessions - £10

U18s - £5

(Even better for season ticket holders - £10, £5, and £2).

I generally think we are pretty good for prices on the whole, United game last year where I agreed with the price and some didn't but does seem a missed opportunity a little.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

So you only support the Rovers if they are winning.  Walk away when they are not and return when they start winning again?

Good question 1 I've been mulling over this 1 with not going on then having time to. At what point do you draw the line? I said it was a clean slate all round because I'm not a hypocrite I hadn't been going so unfair to criticise. When you support a team you have to be into it as a journey rough & smooth. Everyone see things differently of course.