BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I'm sure I read that they have sold 2500 1875 memberships which means (at that time) around 5500 had opted not to join. I wonder is some of these might not buy tickets for the Burnley match because they don't want to join 1875.

10 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

So you only support the Rovers if they are winning.  Walk away when they are not and return when they start winning again?

A very ignorant and troll-like comment. Very unbecoming. I've been there all the way through our demise. It has cost me a lot of money in Season Tickets and travel. If I choose not to pay an extra £18 + travel to watch a delusional and incompetent manager's team, when i'll have to suffer it for another 22  games anyway, then that's my prerogative (as Bobby Brown once said).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I don't think he meant that at all. It's more a case of those casual supporters who might have been tempted to attend might have been more inclined to do so if there had been signs of something to excite them in performances to date

Indeed. And there were a lot of Rovers fans there on Saturday who might have been testing the water before taking the plunge with a season-ticket. They won't be now and who can blame then.

On the Rovers website it says that the £18 adult price applies to 'season ticket holders and 1875 members'. Otherwise it is £22 for 'general admission'.

A couple of issues.

Firstly, how do we interpret 'season ticket holders and 1875 members'? Does that mean if you are EITHER a season ticket holder OR 1875 member that you qualify for the reduced price? Or does it mean that you have to be BOTH  a season ticket holder WITH 1875 membership to qualify? I suspect it is likely to be the first option, but the way they have set it out on the website could actually mean either.

If it is indeed the case that you only need to be one of either a season ticket holder or 1875 member then where is the reward/incentive for season ticket holders? It seems to me that someone could go out and buy a 1875 membership without being a season ticket holder and then qualify for the same benefits at the same time as a lifelong season ticket holder who has shelled out £300 every year for his seat. Doesn't really seem right to me that.

I think the 1875 scheme should either be only open to season ticket holders or in the case of home cup ties it should mean holders of BOTH get an additional discount.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray and his players don't deserve the support based on the first two league games of the season.

You have a point although this is Burnley it's always been about us and them fan wise so everything else to one side. Let's stick it up em, a win v these lot might just light the fuse for the season before all the belief totally evaporates.

Edited by tomphil

• Moderation Lead
28 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

So you only support the Rovers if they are winning.  Walk away when they are not and return when they start winning again?

The point which I garnered from that post was why should a supporter try if the players don't? Certainly how I saw it anyhow....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Indeed. And there were a lot of Rovers fans there on Saturday who might have been testing the water before taking the plunge with a season-ticket. They won't be now and who can blame then.

There must have been 3k + walk ons there was loads buying tickets before 2pm so it'll take some convincing for them to return for MK Dons, classic Rovers shooting themselves in the foot tactic although that's been going on as long as I can remember :angry:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

On the Rovers website it says that the £18 adult price applies to 'season ticket holders and 1875 members'. Otherwise it is £22 for 'general admission'.

A couple of issues.

Firstly, how do we interpret 'season ticket holders and 1875 members'? Does that mean if you are EITHER a season ticket holder OR 1875 member that you qualify for the reduced price? Or does it mean that you have to be BOTH  a season ticket holder WITH 1875 membership to qualify? I suspect it is likely to be the first option, but the way they have set it out on the website could actually mean either.

If it is indeed the case that you only need to be one of either a season ticket holder or 1875 member then where is the reward/incentive for season ticket holders? It seems to me that someone could go out and buy a 1875 membership without being a season ticket holder and then qualify for the same benefits at the same time as a lifelong season ticket holder who has shelled out £300 every year for his seat. Doesn't really seem right to me that.

I think the 1875 scheme should either be only open to season ticket holders or in the case of home cup ties it should mean holders of BOTH get an additional discount.

I think you are "doing a Mowbray" and overcomplicating things.

The reward for season ticket holders is that they see every game for around £13 a ticket, for someone who doesn't get a season ticket and is a 1875 member they are looking at around £20 a ticket for the same seat.

Plus people who are only season ticket holders get away game priority over people who are only 1875 members.

There are a lot of issues at the club clearly, but I think you are trying to create another one with that post that doesn't really matter in the slightest.

Just now, tomphil said:

You have a point although this is Burnley it's always been about us and them so everything else to one side. Let's stick it up em, a win v these lot might just be the light the fuse for the season before all the belief totally evaporates.

I would have agreed with you last week, and I said similar earlier in this thread. Saturday has crushed me:( If I saw us humiliated by that lot I think I'd give it up for good. The losing doesn't bother me, it's having to watch a team of surrender-monkeys managed by a delusional Pep wannabe that really grates.

• Like 1

I will be making the 4.5 hour drive there and the 4.5 drive back for this one. Leagues apart or not (and I am fearing the worst), these are the fixtures that make us love the game. If theres any fixture thats the oppurtunity to get this season going its this one. I think we will lose to bradford, then lose bravely to burnley, but a perfromance against them that makes the supporters proud may give us a kick start we need. Or we could just lose heavily to bradford and burnley lol, but might as well be optimistic. Either way going to a blooming long journey for me.

• Like 2

3,000 seats left empty in the Darwen End.

Looking at the online planner they've blocked off E04 in the Riverside (1,000+ seats) along with W01 and W07 in the Jack Walker (1500)

Blackburn Upper Tier remains closed (3,000 seats)

Therefore capacity currently at around 22,000 maximum.

Why does this club have to reduce capacity by more than 25% for this fixture?

'Fortunately' for the organisers demand for tickets in the home end is likely to be at an all time low so they won't have to worry about shutting down vast swathes of Ewood.

Would they have got away with this if Rovers were still in the Premier League and likely to sell out the home ends?

Looking forward to seeing Ibrox capacity reduced by 10,000 the next time Celtic are there, or Old Trafford down to 55,000 when City go there, or the Emirates down to 45,000 when Spurs go there because those nasty supporters can't be controlled otherwise. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Looking at the online planner they've blocked off E04 in the Riverside (1,000+ seats) along with W01 and W07 in the Jack Walker (1500)

'Fortunately' for the organisers demand for tickets in the home end is likely to be at an all time low so they won't have to worry about shutting down vast swathes of Ewood.

Would they have got away with this if Rovers were still in the Premier League and likely to sell out the home ends?

Looking forward to seeing Ibrox capacity reduced by 10,000 the next time Celtic are there, or Old Trafford down to 55,000 when City go there, or the Emirates down to 45,000 when Spurs go there because those nasty supporters can't be controlled otherwise. 

Riverside usually shut for these early round cup games so i suppose it's a bonus they've left that open :huh:

Dingles on buses again so plod continuing to have their say.

Edited by tomphil

The prices have been kept low which the club must be congratuled for especially the prices for under 18s.

The game is not tv either & were playing our arch ememy at home so i for one will be travelling a 900 mile round trip to support rovers & not ca
ring about the venkys or what league were in for 90 minutes.

Raise the roof, pack the ground, line road from the motorway to Ewood Park & make Burnley feel uncomfortable, very uncomfortable

As far the sections of seats being kept closed for segregation, if we did sell out i would presume they will open some more seats to be sold like they did for Liverpool a couple of years back.

Were Playing Burnley our arch ememy no excuses!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I would have agreed with you last week, and I said similar earlier in this thread. Saturday has crushed me:( If I saw us humiliated by that lot I think I'd give it up for good. The losing doesn't bother me, it's having to watch a team of surrender-monkeys managed by a delusional Pep wannabe that really grates.

"Play for the badge on the front and we'll remember the name on the back .."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, caithnessman said:

The prices have been kept low which the club must be congratuled for especially the prices for under 18s.

The game is not tv either & were playing our arch ememy at home so i for one will be travelling a 900 mile round trip to support rovers & not ca
ring about the venkys or what league were in for 90 minutes.

Raise the roof, pack the ground, line road from the motorway to Ewood Park & make Burnley feel uncomfortable, very uncomfortable

As far the sections of seats being kept closed for segregation, if we did sell out i would presume they will open some more seats to be sold like they did for Liverpool a couple of years back.

Were Playing Burnley our arch ememy no excuses!

How about being on hols in Italy?

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

I get your point but it's a bit irrelevant in the current climate. If Ibrox was only going to be 50% full against Celtic regardless then they could reduce the capacity by 10,000 with no complaints.

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

A couple of issues.

I can't help but think you're overthinking this. If your quote is directly from the Rovers website the meaning is absolutely clear. Both ST holders AND 1875 members qualify for £18 tickets  

Plain English should always be applauded.