BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

15 minutes ago, Paul said:

I can't help but think you're overthinking this. If your quote is directly from the Rovers website the meaning is absolutely clear. Both ST holders AND 1875 members qualify for £18 tickets  

Plain English should always be applauded. 

So what if you're both? Where's the benefit for a long term season ticket holder who also joined the club? I'm not trying to be a moaner or argumentative, I'm just puzzled as to how this scheme actually works.

I was led to believe that as a season ticket holder if I paid the additional £5 to join the 1875 club then I would have advantages over non-members. This would either be by way of priority on ticket purchases or alternatively discounts on ticket purchases. Looks like I'm getting neither over someone who could ring up this morning and become an 1875 member. Likewise why should someone who hasnt bought a season ticket but has paid £5 or £10 for 1875 membership get the same benefits as someone who has paid for both?

So it might appear to be 'plain English' but I'm afraid it is anything but plain sensible or logical.

The Ts & Cs of 1875 membership on Rovers' website clearly state that members will be entitled to a discount on home match tickets, and yet I'm not getting a discount over non-members because all season ticket holders are seemingly entitled to £18 tickets. I also have it on good authority that a discount will not apply for members for the home game in the Checkatrade Trophy vs Stoke City (on sale from today apparently, try finding that out on Rovers' website and you deserve a medal if you do!) So there's another one where logic is going out of the window, and another home cup game where my 1875 membership has achieved nothing and I wonder what the use was in buying it. 

Edited by JHRover

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So what if you're both? Where's the benefit for a long term season ticket holder who also joined the club? I'm not trying to be a moaner or argumentative, I'm just puzzled as to how this scheme actually works.

You get first priority on away tickets

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

I was led to believe that as a season ticket holder if I paid the additional £5 to join the 1875 club then I would have advantages over non-members. This would either be by way of priority on ticket purchases or alternatively discounts on ticket purchases. Looks like I'm getting neither over someone who could ring up this morning and become an 1875 member. Likewise why should someone who hasnt bought a season ticket but has paid £5 or £10 for 1875 membership get the same benefits as someone who has paid for both?

So it might appear to be 'plain English' but I'm afraid it is anything but plain sensible or logical.

The Ts & Cs of 1875 membership on Rovers' website clearly state that members will be entitled to a discount on home match tickets, and yet I'm not getting a discount over non-members because all season ticket holders are seemingly entitled to £18 tickets. I also have it on good authority that a discount will not apply for members for the home game in the Checkatrade Trophy vs Stoke City (on sale from today apparently, try finding that out on Rovers' website and you deserve a medal if you do!) So there's another one where logic is going out of the window, and another home cup game where my 1875 membership has achieved nothing and I wonder what the use was in buying it. 

You are mixing up two different points here. You asked what does this mean:

"On the Rovers website it says that the £18 adult price applies to 'season ticket holders and 1875 members'. Otherwise it is £22 for 'general admission'.

My point was it's clear from the above the £18 price is for ST holders and 1875 members. I don't see how it can be interpreted as anything else. 

As for the benefits of buying 1875 membership? I didn't remark on that. As far as I can recall as an ST holder I paid £5 to join and this was refunded to my "Club Cash" account so the effect is zero.

If you're comparing the benefits of being an ST holder with an 1875 member these are clear. Taking the Doncaster game as an example. The Riverside match day price was £20, 1875 members paid £18 and an ST holder £13.90.

What exactly one gets for being an 1875 member I don't know but as an ST holder the £5 credit to your Club Cash means it's cost you nothing. It's my understanding an ST holder and 1875 member the main benefit is the highest level of Club Cash is awarded to your account on both ticket and merchandise purchases. 

I don't understand your difficulty with this. 

Edited by Paul

33 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

I've made up my mind about the Burnley game the system seems too complex for me, think I will give this 1 a swerve.

Obviously that's your choice but there really isn't a system as such.  It's either £18 or £22, depends if you're a season ticket holder/1875 member or not.

• Like 3

Good day all - long time no speak and all that jazz.

Thought I'd drop in and see what your views were on this game. Be interesting this one, first game in 4 decades where we haven't been the underdogs. 

We might be favourites and in a higher league etc but all the old cliche's apply, we've failed spectacularly in cups recently losing to teams lower down the leagues than us. For me I'd prefer not to play you and give you a chance to reset the clock - something we were denied for 17 years! Not sure how Dyche will approach this with selection - he may well play one or two fringe players, though if he does he is completely ignoring the mood of the fans.

I would expect us to get the win but this is a real derby and its a cup game so who knows.

5 minutes ago, meadows said:

You know in 2000 at their place we weren't totally favourites

They had been above us in the League for a few weeks and we'd hit a Rocky patch. 

We were 9th and they were 8th going into the game. 

The week before a bloke called Keith Ellel had written to me at the Accy Ob asking why the Rovers column always sat above the Burnley fan column on the page as they were now above us in the standings

i closed my column that week by promising that from that point on I'd see to it that whoever stood  highest in the League would henceforth take pride of place. 

I never again had to alter the settings as we overtook them with the 2-0 win and I left in 2003

But I firmly recall the week before in the Ewood Press Box after we'd drawn 0-0 at H to QPR a couple of Radio Lancs lads & a certain Mr Agnew telling anyone who'd listen that the Clarets had forwards who'd give us a problem as they'd watched them recently 

I just looked at Pete White and he gave a withering "what a load of bolleaux"  glance of disdain and I immediately felt better

but believe me they were convinced they were winning that one - hence the angry raid on their own Boots store and other town centre landmarks after (no dental care or hygiene products were taken in the course of this looting I believe) 

Most of us (I think) were sensible enough to know that briefly being above you in the league did not undo decades of under investment/decades of solid development - it should have been obvious to everyone there was a clear quality difference all over the pitch and off it.

On the columns - always assumed they were listed alphabetically ...

55 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Most of us (I think) were sensible enough to know that briefly being above you in the league did not undo decades of under investment/decades of solid development - it should have been obvious to everyone there was a clear quality difference all over the pitch and off it.

On the columns - always assumed they were listed alphabetically ...

And most of us look at this fixture in the full knowledge that 7 years of no development, chronic asset stripping (i.e. selling off best players and replacing with inferior cannon fodder) and a dodgy start to the season, compared to your careful strategy and clear management capability in the dugout, means that Rovers go into this game looking for a fookn miracle to take anything at al out of it. Forget winning, how about playing with pride for the club (or at least giving the impression that you care) - we can't even count on that. 's funny, now that the boot is on the other foot, so to say, that many of us feel some measure of envy towards you at the Turd, instead of the virtiol and fury that consideration of all things claret and blue used to release.

Anyway, may the best team (on the day) win, for football's sake. Everyone knows that Rovers are a mere facsimile only of anything that graced Ewood in blue and white in recent years. But it is a funny old game, after all...

Venky's out! Backwards stawt

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Manchester Blue said:

Obviously that's your choice but there really isn't a system as such.  It's either £18 or £22, depends if you're a season ticket holder/1875 member or not.

I know mate, it was an attempt at sarcasm going off the posts above it's a simple case of going onto the website & entering yr DC details or ringing up during office hours.

Edited by Bluebarley
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Good day all - long time no speak and all that jazz.

Thought I'd drop in and see what your views were on this game. Be interesting this one, first game in 4 decades where we haven't been the underdogs. 

We might be favourites and in a higher league etc but all the old cliche's apply, we've failed spectacularly in cups recently losing to teams lower down the leagues than us. For me I'd prefer not to play you and give you a chance to reset the clock - something we were denied for 17 years! Not sure how Dyche will approach this with selection - he may well play one or two fringe players, though if he does he is completely ignoring the mood of the fans.

I would expect us to get the win but this is a real derby and its a cup game so who knows.

Welcome back longers, I hope we stuff your lot.  ?

• Like 1

Now the deadline has passed for ST holders to claim their seats, you can see how many we've sold, and the sales are very poor. Would say no more than 8k have been sold and that's being generous, going to be a real low attendance for this one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AAK said:

Now the deadline has passed for ST holders to claim their seats, you can see how many we've sold, and the sales are very poor. Would say no more than 8k have been sold and that's being generous, going to be a real low attendance for this one.

Have you counted them? Predict in the region of 18000 for the match and a score of Blackburn 1 Burnley 7 (seven)

Just now, Boaty said:

Have you counted them? Predict in the region of 18000 for the match and a score of Blackburn 1 Burnley 7 (seven)

No, but you can easily estimate, hardly anything sold in Bburn end, and Riverside, and only 2 blocks have limited availability

Edited by AAK

It isn't any surprise that there is real apathy towards this fixture, compared to when the positions were reversed some years ago. At that time there had been a fair gap since the last meeting of the clubs, Burnley were emerging from the doldrums and felt there was perhaps a chance of a result, and Rovers were riding the crest of what seemed an unstoppable and never ending wave.

Fast forward to today's situation. We all know that Burnley have invested wisely in a core of good quality players who function as a unit and are capable of mixing it at the highest levels in the UK game (e.g. Chelsea a couple of weekends back). There is recent history in terms of the fixture, which sadly for Rovers fans, has not been a pleasant or uplifting experience. We have started badly, to the point where any preseason optimism has evaporated and been replaced by a sense of deja vu and foreboding. There is little or no evidence that there is the intent at any level at the club to do anything resembling the right thing for the future of the club - in fact the whole sorry saga seems poised on a knife-edge to drop us even further into the poop. Indeed as a Rovers fan of over 45 years standing, I wonder whether anyone (and I mean ANYONE) on the inside of Blackburn Rovers actually understands what the purpose and point of the club is anymore... I'm beginning to doubt it, and as a result I really do fear for the future of my home town club.

But I'll still be there next week, and I hope we find some killer punch to take the honours - it is Burnleh after all,and bragging rights are powerful medicine when everything seems stacked against you... not that I expect Longsiders to be crowing with exultation next Thursday either way, but it would be nice to have something to smile about (even if it is a little matter between two ancient enemies).

Venkys out! Backward stawt!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Well Longers we're in a right ferkin pickle down Ewood way....it may well be a case of fill your boots on the night.Interest is probably an all-time low off the field of play tbh.

What a turn around in fortunes,all engineered via the Pune branch of the Clarets Supporters Association!

^_^......:angry:

I don't think even a Burnley fan could have dreamed up that script!

As for filling our boots - however poorly you may be playing, we are more than capable of 'throwing one in'. We should expect a reasonably comfortable win but ( as I said) this is us, it's Blackburn V Burnley and nothing would surprise me, not even a 5 yards offside goal from Dunn!  

From our end I believe we've sold the 5K allocation so maybe that will encourage a few more to attend at your end?

I actually think a Bumley match is the last thing we need and could be really bad for fan morale and bring a lot of pressure on the players and manager.

The thought of another bad season and a thumping by 'that lot' is pretty misery-inducing.

Where is Mercer with his special brand of 'optimism'?

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...