BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom

Mulgrew is such a classy player but I've never seen him play a game at the back and not get caught out, he should be in front of the back four but not sure we can accommodate him there or have anyone else to play at the back!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10980119/coventry-1-3-blackburn

Looks as if we dominated tbh. Happy with those highlights as a turnaround from Saturday. Let's use it for Donny and get ourselves a home win!

I'll be in Disneyland Paris for that game!

I have never been a huge fan of Ward but i have to say that after watchin this video i do like him more

he was actually keepin the ball on the ground and passin it to someone instead of lumpin it pointlessly. id love him to get a chance this season

on paper we have the best team in this division we just have to play some football and keep the ball on the ground

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Mulgrew is such a classy player but I've never seen him play a game at the back and not get caught out, he should be in front of the back four but not sure we can accommodate him there or have anyone else to play at the back!

The John Stones of the lower leagues. Rolls Royce of a player for the league he's in, but as you say, always has a moment where he either turns off or gets done by the opposition. Midfield or LB could be the answer.

10 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The John Stones of the lower leagues. Rolls Royce of a player for the league he's in, but as you say, always has a moment where he either turns off or gets done by the opposition. Midfield or LB could be the answer.

Don't compare him to that soft fairy Stones. Mulgrew is far superior ^_^ I agree though, if we could accommodate him into midfield he'd be class in there. I think he would play the deep lying role Whittingham is being played in better than Whittingham himself. Better left foot as well, just about :lol: 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good win. A win is a win. 

From Fans there at the game Smallwood was the best player on the pitch. Also Caddis, Samuel and Gladwin(when he came on) all had good games. 

Also people say we look better playing 3 at the back

Whilst it's always great to win, we should be beating a L2 side that made SIX changes, so it's not surprising that we looked better than the weekend, and whilst 3 at the back ,ay have worked well it would be silly to use this game as evidence to say we look better with 3 rather than 4.

Having said that with TM's preference for the full backs to play really high and provide width whichever formation he seems to play it might be better to have 3 in there rather than two.  

I don't think Williams or Nyambe are particularly good full backs but I think TM's tactics may make them look worse.

45 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If Tomlinson isn't going to be used he should be loaned out.The guy has looked decent in his cameos tonight was ideal to give him a start or at least the second half 

Perhaps he's being groomed - the new Rochina.

Just got back. The first half was played at walking pace . Very static and Coventry looked quite dangerous at times. Second was a lot better. Quicker slicker passing , chances created and enjoyable to watch. Smallwood was excellent. Gladwin was impressive when he came on as was Doyle and Caddis is head and shoulders better than nyambe. Williams had a poor game and i am still reserving judgement on Chapman until he stops trying to be neymar and losing the ball and has a few games behind him. Overall decent result with some promising performances. Hopefully tony will have a better idea of what he's trying to achieve and which players are up to the job. Roll on Saturday. COYB

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Butty said:

Anyone else have the only 0-0 in the cup on there Both teams to score bet tonight? Cardiff also were the only team to let my teams to win bet down for 200 quid. NIGHTMARE

Ha, footy is back!

I'll be sharing your pain this weekend. Someone always lets me down for that never reachable £200 (ish)

• Like 2

A much better performance from everyone.  We played some very attractive football at times and dominated the game.  Smallwood and Evans were very good in the centre of midfield whilst Samuel was much better in the centre.  You can only beat what is in front of you and this we did comprehensively.  A very enjoyable night for the travelling fans.

• Like 5

Winning is the most important thing in every game. Dig below that though and we did look really susceptible at the back particularly in the first half when Raya made a couple of smart saves. I am far from convinced by three at the back. One of the main differences between Saturday and last night was the width we had going forward. The passing was a lot better than at Southend. Mulgrew hurt himself early on and carried on for much of the game although he went straight down the tunnel when he was substituted for treatment.

Coventry were decent but the third goal killed them off and spared us the agony of extra time for what was a road work Laden drive home.

• Like 3

Happy we played a strong side. 

Happy we slightly changed our approach. 

Happy that we won. 

As others have mentioned, winning is a habit and to follow a relegation with two defeats to start the season could have potentially really hurt morale. 

Hopefully we can produce a similar performance this weekend, but Coventry aren't terribly far behind the standard of opposition that we will be facing this year and that was a good performance away from home. I'm also very pleased that we responded well to letting them get back into the game. 

It turned out to be a comfortable win in the end but that was due in part to Coventry giving us the freedom of the Ricoh.

We were never pressed and given time and space to knock it around.

I enjoyed the win and the performance but know for certain our league opponents wont be so accommodating.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, USABlue said:

Can you make a list and send it to India?

Three off the top of my head;

Cowley brothers

Uwe Rosler

Kenny Jackett

Anyone got Venkys email? Only one I've got is www.giveusyourmoney@venkysfootballingmasterplan.com

17 minutes ago, Shrimper said:

Three off the top of my head;

Cowley brothers

Uwe Rosler

Kenny Jackett

Anyone got Venkys email? Only one I've got is www.giveusyourmoney@venkysfootballingmasterplan.com

Thank you for your list Mr Shrimper

We like their movies very much,good choice for next manager of Blackburn

Yes 

Ms Desai

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shrimper said:

Did exactly what you's did on Saturday... believed that all we needed to do was show up to win. And even that was a bit of an inconvenience for us :unsure:

This is the thing with modern football. I see it time and time again, if a team isn't motivated enough when playing opposition they are expected to beat, they struggle. Years ago with much less media around games, teams turned up knowing it was 11 v 11 and you still had to perform, regardless of what hype is around you. 

• Like 1