BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Honestly would have rather avoided them, just highlights how far we've fallen to face them as massive underdogs 

I'm with you.

This match will show just how far the pendulum has swung.

Anything can happen in a derby but our squad is pants when compared to theirs and they are going to be up for this like no other fixture.

Just now, Butty said:

Just because Burnley are playing on Sunday doesn't mean our game will be moved, you've seen it many times teams have an extra days rest in these circumstances. That's something to give us a bit of hope at least, please don't make the ticket prices stupid Rovers. £15 pound for adults at most, need as many in the ground as possible because that lot will probably be getting the full darwen end. 

Cheston will be sending over the powerpoint to  venkys  as we speak with 40 pound a ticket. 

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm with you.

Anything can happen in a derby but our squad is pants when compared to theirs and they are going to be up for this like no other fixture.

Come on lads, we're playing our bitter rivals and you're not even remotely excited about it? We've got absolutely nothing to lose and all the pressure is on them, you can't beat a derby day atmosphere as well. A league one side knocking a prem team out in the early rounds of the league cup is hardly unheard of. We give united a real game at ewood in the FA cup last season and they put a strong side out, anything can happen in a cup tie and anything can happen in a derby game as big as this. All the pressure is on them so it's perfect for us. Just enjoy it man! 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I'm with you.

There is no reason why we can't be is there? Obviously they will be the favourites but nobody should be throwing the towel in when me meet. (PC tiredness). Cup games are 1 offs anything can happen as you've acknowledged. 

Edited by Bluebarley

DO NOT RUIN THIS WITH STUPID TICKET PRICES CHESTON   or it'll fall on it's arse if it's on TV.

For once come up with something imaginative to fill the place up, won't be a full house but 18 to 20k should be achievable if the price is right. Leave the BBE upper tier closed unless there is demand to keep the other sections as full as possible to help atmosphere and stick the majority of the visiting horde in the upper tier of the DE if their allocation is restricted.

Oh and tell the police to do one if they start talking bubbles, they don't run the football club. Time for some spine here.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Rover_Shaun said:

It will be a 'disinterested' Dingle 3rd XI so we may scrape a glorious defeat in a replay

No replays Shaun. A 120th minute Mulgrew free kick is what the doctor is ordering. I think at most we'll shift maybe 13-16k home tickets? Does that sound about right? 

• Backroom

Need to win a couple of league games now or Tony could go into this under a lot of pressure.

On the flip side, was the last manager to see us beat them Big Sam? He could really win over any doubters if we put them to the sword 

Just now, Tom said:

Need to win a couple of league games now or Tony could go into this under a lot of pressure.

On the flip side, was the last manager to see us beat them Big Sam? He could really win over any doubters if we put them to the sword 

Yeah, we did the double over them in the 09/10 season and haven't beat them since. Closest we've got since was when Rhodes scored to put us 1 up and they equalised in the last couple of minutes at the turf. Manager that day was Henning Berg! 

1 minute ago, Butty said:

Yeah, we did the double over them in the 09/10 season and haven't beat them since. Closest we've got since was when Rhodes scored to put us 1 up and they equalised in the last couple of minutes at the turf. Manager that day was Henning Berg! 

To win this one we need a fluckin iceberg

Not happy with this draw at all. 

The positives? At least we're at home and won't have to travel to their place under any circumstances, and we've a chance, albeit a small one, of re-starting the clock by beating them. Other than that I'm struggling.

The downside? Mass hysteria for the next fortnight. Almost certainly will be a Sky TV game meaning it is shifted to Wednesday/Thursday and will damage the home gate. Expect Rovers to get greedy and charge £25 a ticket, missing out on a chance to pack the ground. Worst of all we'll have Lancashire Police doing their bit to ruin the occasion. Expect military style regulations in place, vast swathes of Ewood netted off for 'segregation'. They do enjoy wrecking the 'occasion' so they'll be busy in their offices tomorrow scheming new ways to make it as difficult as possible to attend and Rovers will just take it.

That's before we get round to the football and those scum coming to Ewood Park as heavy favourites sitting 2 divisions above us and it brings into focus our demise that it will be considered a minor miracle if we manage to beat them, which is itself sickening.

I'd sooner just never have to play them, ever again. I'd be quite happy in life if I never had to watch Rovers play them for the remainder of my existence such is my hatred for them and the people who organise the fixture.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Not happy with this draw at all. 

The positives? At least we're at home and won't have to travel to their place under any circumstances, and we've a chance, albeit a small one, of re-starting the clock by beating them. Other than that I'm struggling.

The downside? Mass hysteria for the next fortnight. Almost certainly will be a Sky TV game meaning it is shifted to Wednesday/Thursday and will damage the home gate. Expect Rovers to get greedy and charge £25 a ticket, missing out on a chance to pack the ground. Worst of all we'll have Lancashire Police doing their bit to ruin the occasion. Expect military style regulations in place, vast swathes of Ewood netted off for 'segregation'. They do enjoy wrecking the 'occasion' so they'll be busy in their offices tomorrow scheming new ways to make it as difficult as possible to attend and Rovers will just take it.

That's before we get round to the football and those scum coming to Ewood Park as heavy favourites sitting 2 divisions above us and it brings into focus our demise that it will be considered a minor miracle if we manage to beat them, which is itself sickening.

I'd sooner just never have to play them, ever again. I'd be quite happy in life if I never had to watch Rovers play them for the remainder of my existence such is my hatred for them and the people who organise the fixture.

But apart from that looking forward to it, yeah? :)

• Like 7

We haven't beaten them in what, 7 years?

I want to play them in both cups every year until we beat them, don't want them coming anywhere near our recent record.

Can you imagine how gutted they would be to still lose to us when we are two divisions lower than them? They would know deep down it's because we will always be top dogs.

• Like 5

Dyche knows he won't get away with the reserves. Their fans would be happier beating us in a cup game and losing in the league.

It'll be interesting, as the roles will be reversed, they'll go in as big favourites with everything to lose. I still bet Dyche will set up as deep defense and hit on the counter though.