BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

As I said on my post I went on the ticketing website Blueboy but it came up saying no tickets available. Good to know they will be available on the night though.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Any Coventry supporter who has bought an early bird season ticket gets a ticket for this game thrown in for free.

Seems like a sensible way to try and boost the gate for what will probably be a poorly attended fixture.

2 clubs, owned by 2 of the worst owners, playing on a Tuesday night, in a cup which has a name like a Moose.

I'll be amazed if anyone turns up.

• Like 3

Mowbray should treat it like an extra pre-season competitive training game and field a full-strength side to build awareness and familiarity between players for his 'system' and to provide opportunities to try out some of his tactics. Fans might wish to go along to watch the experiment, but as it is a nonsense fixture, treat the result with appropriate caution (either way).

Carabaoa Cup eh? Meh.. how the mighty have fallen. At least it is unlikely to be abandoned at half time due to moonshine induced fighting between six fingered one tooth inbreds... Mind you, that might be more entertaining ;)

Cheers Venkys. Get out, you backwards stawt.

• Like 1

If I was the boss, I'd be playing a full strength team. Maybe leave Nyambe and Gladwin on the bench for Caddis and Evans. Wouldn't mind seeing a 4-4-2 and all with Chapman and Bennett on either flank.

Didn't fancy Nyambe or Williams going forward on Saturday.Just fluting about on Coventry Cities wiki page, fair few past players in common, most notably Speedie, Bellamy, and Gallacher. Carsley and Bothroyd, too. Hang about. Didn't Roy Wegerle trot out for Coventry City during the 94/95 season, too?

Edited by Give 'Em the Axe
David Speedie looking down from Valhalla and judging...

Hi all, i have been a rovers supporter since the early seventies, seen all the ups and downs, followed them all over the country ,i stopped going to home matches when i moved 30 miles away, anyway this year i have decided to put my support in to the club by buying a season ticket ,i don't like  to get to involved with the political side of it , especially with the venkys,at the moment  , as far as i see it what can't be cured must be endured , i went to Southend and made a weekend off it ,cost me a fortune and yes i was disappointed ,Southen had their cup final ,the rovers team looked nervous and lacked ideas  ,i was also confused as to the formation they were supposed to be playing as well  ,Southend were just more up for it on the day ..... Now a couple of days later and i am now planning my trip to Coventry , tickets are on sale at  Ewood until tomorrow lunchtime  ,they are also on sale at Coventry but will cost a couple of quid more ..

• Like 1

Actually agree it wouldnt do any harm playing all the "good players"Mowbray says he signed this summer -as they clearly need more practice to gel!! A full-strength team seems sensible.

Maybe give Graham a rest(our only source of goals)and Mulgrew(for his quality),otherwise I wouldnt worry about "potential injuries". The academy lads might be an improvement on what he signed.

35 minutes ago, den9112 said:

Hi all, i have been a rovers supporter since the early seventies, seen all the ups and downs, followed them all over the country ,i stopped going to home matches when i moved 30 miles away, anyway this year i have decided to put my support in to the club by buying a season ticket ,i don't like  to get to involved with the political side of it , especially with the venkys,at the moment  , as far as i see it what can't be cured must be endured , i went to Southend and made a weekend off it ,cost me a fortune and yes i was disappointed ,Southen had their cup final ,the rovers team looked nervous and lacked ideas  ,i was also confused as to the formation they were supposed to be playing as well  ,Southend were just more up for it on the day ..... Now a couple of days later and i am now planning my trip to Coventry , tickets are on sale at  Ewood until tomorrow lunchtime  ,they are also on sale at Coventry but will cost a couple of quid more ..

I think I'll grab my ticket when I get there on the night as I'm in South Wales during the day.

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

....in this League resulting in promotion.

Winning is a habit. When we were promoted from the championship last time we didn't rest people in cup games that I remember. Souness was of the belief that winning wasn't just physical it was mental and when you were winning you got far less tired and far fewer injuries. Now he might have been wrong about some things, but he knew about battling and about being strong physically and mentally

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Winning is a habit. When we were promoted from the championship last time we didn't rest people in cup games that I remember. Souness was of the belief that winning wasn't just physical it was mental and when you were winning you got far less tired and far fewer injuries. Now he might have been wrong about some things, but he knew about battling and about being strong physically and mentally

Exactly, you should go into every game with your strongest team, no matter what competition it is. We are not in a position to be "picking and choosing" which games we can win or not.

I remember in that promotion winning season we also played 5 games in the league cup and 6 games in the FA cup too. With only the Portsmouth league cup second leg (already 4-0 up) resembling anything like a " second choice eleven".

Exactly right, winning is a great habit. However I think Mowbray will make wholesale changes as he seems to be influenced by what is in vogue like fancy systems, squad rotation and resting players. All nonsense in my opinion. Another defeat tomorrow irrespective of who he plays could really damage us.

Be interesting to see how Coventry approach the game tomorrow. A bit like us in that they are strongly tipped to bounce back and win promotion this season, I wonder whether they'll treat the Cup as a distraction and field their reserves to protect themselves for league business or whether they'll go into the game with a full strength side looking to keep momentum going after Saturday's win.

Coventry are one of our bogey teams, particularly away from Ewood

Last 10 games vs. Coventry (in all comps)

P10 W1 D4 L5 F10 A14

Last victory vs. Coventry

Blackburn 4-0 Coventry - 11th January 1997

Flowers, Kenna, Hendry, Berg, Le Saux, Sherwood (Fenton), Flitcroft, Bohinen, Wilcox, Gallacher (Donis), Sutton

Goals - Sutton 16, 34. Gallacher 30, Donis 75

Last victory at Highfield Rd (Rovers never won at The Ricoh)

Coventry 0-2 Rovers - 29th August 1992 (seven vists ago)

Mimms, May, Hendry, Dobson, Wright, Ripley, Moran, Sherwood, Atkins, Newell, Shearer (Wegerle)

Goals - Shearer pen 69, Atkins 79

Our only League Cup meeting to date.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAcrZ56hbM8

Edited by rog of the rovers

I'll never forget the Cov away 5-0 drubbing in 95. Probably one of the worst Rovers displays ever if you consider the players we had at our disposal. That said the game should never have gone ahead.

Could do with a confidence boost tomorrow but think we'll narrowly go out after ET.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!