BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Whittingham Signs for Rovers

Think he's either going to be a Danny Murphy type flop or like Lee Carsley when we dropped a division who then became very competent at that level and our captain, a very influential player (before asking to leave). Appreciate that's a bit of fence sitting, but what I'm trying to get at is my gut feel is that this won't be a mediocre signing. He'll either do very well for us, as he pulls the strings in midfield, or will be too old and past it and it'll go horribly wrong. Since I've thought Cardiff were awful the last few seasons I've seen them, I'm slightly towards the latter, but hopefully being a division down will compensate for that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J*B said:

"He's either going to be good or bad" - Blueblood, 19th June, 2017.

Lol. Thanks for the paraphrase. I was trying to say he'd make a big impact - either positively or negatively - it won't be a signing that is simply ok/mediocre.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Mike E said:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40737849?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

In light of the above, perhaps Rovers should offer to arrange a testimonial vs Cardiff next summer?

Or make sure we play them in the league next season. ;)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.