BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixtures

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, unsall said:

So Burnley away first game on 12th,so we must be at home that weekend,our first game on the 4th looks like we will be away,does that make sense,lol.

Burnely to get a Chelsea spanking. I'll take that as a good start.:)

That games ko will not be a 3 pmer.

They call them fixtures, but in reality, and particularly with the Premier League, it is just an estimation by the League administration team that sometime in the 96 hour window around the published date a match will take place between the teams listed.

The final say is down to BT, Sky and the rest of the power pimps.

Amazing how the 'random' fixture computer has thrown up both the Liverpool derby and Manchester derby both on Saturday 9th December. Isn't it remarkable how these things pan out. I wonder whether Sky/BT will be all over that one advertising it as 'Superpower Saturday' or some other relentless Sky Sports fuelled nonsense revolving around what wonderful, unique, passionate cities Liverpool/Manchester are.

A quick glance at last season's fixtures - oh yes - on 15th January it was Everton v Man City and Man Utd v Liverpool.

Remarkable how these things work out.....

I don't believe that the PL fixtures are random. Look at the last day of the season. Each year all the big players play teams who aren't meant to be involved in the shake up at the top. Same every year recently. Shame as there is no chance of a classic head to head this way.

10 hours ago, unsall said:

So Burnley away first game on 12th,so we must be at home that weekend,our first game on the 4th looks like we will be away,does that make sense,lol.

We are so far removed from this lets not even waste time on it. I don't enjoy kicking myself in the head.

Have the sky to fixtures been releases ? Could it be possible Chelsea v Burnley  game moved to Sunday for tv so we could play at home that Saturday?

12 hours ago, Tony Rover said:

We are so far removed from this lets not even waste time on it. I don't enjoy kicking myself in the head.

Think you've missed the point,couldn't care less re Burnley and premier league,my point being Dingles at away on the 12th meaning our first game  on the 4 th is away!!

23 hours ago, unsall said:

I think I read somewhere that they are playing a friendly against celta that day at home. We will defo be away 

2 hours ago, unsall said:

Think you've missed the point,couldn't care less re Burnley and premier league,my point being Dingles at away on the 12th meaning our first game  on the 4 th is away!!

Fair enough if that's your point. Why should that have any impact on where we play? 

Just now, rigger said:

Have you never noticed that most local rivals do not play at home on the same week-ends.

City Home and UTD are away, Spurs Home, Arsenal are away, Liverpool Home. Everton away ETC.

I don't think it matters anymore either to be honest, although I think every club has another club who they "pair" with from the same area, and ours will probably always be Burnley.

15 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I don't think it matters anymore either to be honest, although I think every club has another club who they "pair" with from the same area, and ours will probably always be Burnley.

There is no way that Lancs police are going to want/accept Burnley playing at home the same weekend as we play potentially Oldham/Rochdale/Blackpool/Wigan etc

Imagine if they had a side bringing big numbers on the train through Blackburn on one of those weekends, just can't see it.  

Just now, Manchester Blue said:

There is no way that Lancs police are going to want/accept Burnley playing at home the same weekend as we play potentially Oldham/Rochdale/Blackpool/Wigan etc

Imagine if they had a side bringing big numbers on the train through Blackburn on one of those weekends, just can't see it.  

Your right hope I'm wrong but can see them fixtures been on a Tuesday night 

1 hour ago, Irishrover213 said:

Your right hope I'm wrong but can see them fixtures been on a Tuesday night 

So many PL games are shifted for TV I live in hope that local games will be 3 pm on a Sat.

Also I think there are more L1 on tv next seaon so maybe as the big draw Rovers will feature more.

I'm getting iFollow, now trying to get a test prior to purchase. Registered but not buying until release/test android app.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

So many PL games are shifted for TV I live in hope that local games will be 3 pm on a Sat.

Also I think there are more L1 on tv next seaon so maybe as the big draw Rovers will feature more.

I'm getting iFollow, now trying to get a test prior to purchase. Registered but not buying until release/test android app.

I don't know the likes of wigan could be on same day as burnley at home because train from Blackburn doesn't go through burnley and wigan. 

Rochdale and bury would be different.

Thought I could get ifollow but can't over here. 

I'd say you'd be all right shouldnt be poor quality 

Archived