BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixtures

On 16/06/2017 at 09:39, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We used to have a bit of local rivalry with Oldham back in the day...their fans still refer to us as 'B'stard Rovers'!

The coaches once got there quite early in the days before restrictions. We just went round to their end, queued up and got in. There must have been a thousand or so Rovers fans in their Chaddy End. They let Oldham fans in though as well, so the end was split with a line of coppers down the middle. Happy days!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seem to remember shenanigans in the car park with City fans.  How a friend of mine got away with a drunk driving there I still to this day don't know.  Got stopped on the way in and he was well buzzed, officer never even questioned it.

2009/10:

First game: Man City (home)

Boxing Day: Spurs (home)

Final day: Villa (away)

Thanks again Venkys.

Still I guess we should all just move on and get used to being a League One side.

Bring on Fleetwood. ??

Just now, Stuart said:

2009/10:

First game: Man City (home)

Boxing Day: Spurs (home)

Final day: Villa (away)

Thanks again Venkys.

Still I guess we should all just move on and get used to being a League One side.

Bring on Fleetwood. ??

2022/23

First game; (Charity shield) Arsenal

Boxing Day; a dycheless, weakened by controversy, 10 points deducted in admin Burnley at home..

Final Day; Tony Mowbray masks all round WBA away..

Perhaps I've had a spot too much sun on the brain this weekend.

17 minutes ago, Biz said:

2022/23

Boxing Day; a dycheless, weakened by controversy, 10 points deducted in admin Burnley at home..

ToMo Day!

:lol: Enjoy the beer pal.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

2022/23

Arsenal Runners up to our Double Winning heroes managed by club legend Jason Lowe? Gary Bowyer DOF, bringing in the talent?

Just now, Batman. said:

Arsenal Runners up to our Double Winning heroes managed by club legend Jason Lowe? Gary Bowyer DOF, bringing in the talent?

I was thinking more along the lines of a Jason Lowe England captain, inspiring us to a World Cup win, moved from Qatar; "Japan 22" - streamed through hologram directly onto the Ewood turf.

He'll return to manage rovers back from the championship in 2030 when Glen Mullan MBE rescues us from liquidation.

Just now, Biz said:

I was thinking more along the lines of a Jason Lowe England captain, inspiring us to a World Cup win, moved from Qatar; "Japan 22" - streamed through hologram directly onto the Ewood turf.

He'll return to manage rovers back from the championship in 2030 when Glen Mullan MBE rescues us from liquidation.

His solid platinum statue in between Uncle Jack's and Lorenzo Amoruso's, who briefly manages us to Champion's League glory in the mid 2020's.

Yes, it was all seeded this week.

Went on the "fathers day" ground tour yesterday as a surprise, got talking to the tour guide and he was saying it's usually done straight after the final home game but they had to wait because of the Elton John concert, so that's why there is no home friendly this year.

Seems to think the club will run a concert every summer now and not bother with an Ewood friendly as nobody goes to them.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yes, it was all seeded this week.

Went on the "fathers day" ground tour yesterday as a surprise, got talking to the tour guide and he was saying it's usually done straight after the final home game but they had to wait because of the Elton John concert, so that's why there is no home friendly this year.

Seems to think the club will run a concert every summer now and not bother with an Ewood friendly as nobody goes to them.

Can't blame them and prob generates a lot more cash.  Not sure what was like years ago, but certainly from memory in the 90's we rarely played a home friendly.

3 hours ago, Manchester Blue said:

Can't blame them and prob generates a lot more cash.  Not sure what was like years ago, but certainly from memory in the 90's we rarely played a home friendly.

Yeah, the only one I can really remember in the 90's was a Friday night game against PSV was it? Around 97/98 time, think they started becoming "the norm" after the Barcelona one in 2001.

On 6/19/2017 at 15:39, chaddyrovers said:

Hoping for Blackpool or Fleetwood away for the 1st game of the season

There's normally a mid week game middle of August.

Rochdale away would be a cracking sell out ticket only game :D

• Backroom

Have to admit I didn't realise some of those teams were in our league.

Tough start but I expect a lot of away games to be tough with us being seen as a bit of a scalp 

Essential we start well though 

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Have to admit I didn't realise some of those teams were in our league.

Tough start but I expect a lot of away games to be tough with us being seen as a bit of a scalp 

Essential we start well though 

When you read through the fixtures and see the teams in here then in the cold light of day you realise it's a very tough old league.

Archived