BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixtures

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad overall. The  Christmas period  looks very gruelling even more so than previous years. Hoping to get to either mk dons Fleetwood(pending internationals) or Wimbledon as 1st game. Raging Wimbledon away is on Tuesday would have loved to have gone blackpool on 7th looks good too. 

Those are some grim fixtures. I kept scrolling down the list waiting for the big game then suddenly it was 5th of May and playing oxford at home in the last game.

There's a few local ones I suppose but vs teams we used to send representative xi's to in the not too distant past. Worst than that dubious bunch of fixtures will be our inability to beat most of them.

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sounds great. Let's hope we have a long stay.

I don't mind staying there while the scum are in charge.

why would I want them making 100s of millions out of the premier league.

Cutting my nose off to spite my face....Damn right I am.

It does make one wonder what sort of future this club has got and how long we have left.

The idea of an indefinite stay in League One is nearly as scary as a few years more downgrading and then relegation. All the time reacclimatising, with a section of (fool)hardy fans happy with a "new challenge" and a few ground ticked off. The 92 club tracker will need to be extended on include non-league grounds at this rate.

Personally I think we need to get promoted at the first go or it could be a lot of bleak winters ahead.

Why would we want them making millions out of the PL? Because that would mean Rovers are successful on the pitch, we would have decent players to watch and most likely one-and-a-half to double the current attendance.

Still, some fans prefer the lower leagues... I just hope it's a really short stay.

11 hours ago, 1963 said:

Cant wait for it. Be like like knocking 40 years off me.I loved it in the 70s.

Proper get stuck in footy.Proper grounds full of real supporters supporting there local team.

It's league 1 year 2017  think things might have changed a bit -   It's not a glamrock revival or whatever it was called :lol:

There have always been a section of our support that actually seemed to resent what Jack did.

I lost count of the amount of times I was told in the pre Venky era how great the third division was, how it was 'proper football' and how they'd 'rather watch Stanley then go to Ewood'.

So of course we should be seeing a spike in crowds next season to witness this 'real' stuff.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

There have always been a section of our support that actually seemed to resent what Jack did.

I lost count of the amount of times I was told in the pre Venky era how great the third division was, how it was 'proper football' and how they'd 'rather watch Stanley then go to Ewood'.

So of course we should be seeing a spike in crowds next season to witness this 'real' stuff.

Proper tackling, less diving, players not holding their head when it's their ankle that's been tapped.......

That is not disrespecting Jack in any way.

Glamrock was pretty good too.

I hope we get out of L1 via an auto promotion place..I'm still worried by the 4 auto relegation spots.

Either way enjoy L1 whilst you can.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You'd be mistaken for thinking it's some kind of achievement ending up here reading in some quarters like the LT doing constant flashbacks from promotion seasons etc and interviews with old players from then. That only usually happens after you've er, ... got promoted !

Still its nice to see people looking forwards to a season for a change although it seems based on us just popping in, walking the division then waving ta ta never to come back again. Mind you at the least the Telerag can rehash all these articles again next summer if promotion is achieved.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Proper tackling, less diving, players not holding their head when it's their ankle that's been tapped.......

That is not disrespecting Jack in any way.

I know plenty of Rovers fans that enjoyed the third division at the time, but were so proud that we ended up as an established Premier League club.

I'm talking about a bizarre sub set that constantly harped on about the lower divisions and how it was preferable when we actually had a quality top level side.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I know plenty of Rovers fans that enjoyed the third division at the time, but were so proud that we ended up as an established Premier League club.

I'm talking about a bizarre sub set that constantly harped on about the lower divisions and how it was preferable when we actually had a quality top level side.

Understand.

Memory also is selective so we forget open roof standing in freezing rain, appalling grounds and pitches, coppers who kicked you and pies that were a danger to the survival of the human race.

Glamrock was superb and pulled countless birds for me :) I looked like Brian Connolly (RIP) with mousey coloured hair. Good times.

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's league 1 year 2017  think things might have changed a bit -   It's not a glamrock revival or whatever it was called :lol:

Nowt wrong wi Glamrock pal. Slade,Bowie,T.Rex,Sweet  and plenty more.

You are right things have changed a bit. Billions of pounds swirling around the prem and still the mega rich clubs continue to put prices up and rip there own fans off.

I don't and never have gone to Ewood to watch United,Liverpool or Arsenal I go to watch t`Rovers.I don't care who or where they are playing,

saying all that I am and always will be grateful to Jack for everything he did for us.

29 minutes ago, 1963 said:

Nowt wrong wi Glamrock pal. Slade,Bowie,T.Rex,Sweet  and plenty more.

You are right things have changed a bit. Billions of pounds swirling around the prem and still the mega rich clubs continue to put prices up and rip there own fans off.

I don't and never have gone to Ewood to watch United,Liverpool or Arsenal I go to watch t`Rovers.I don't care who or where they are playing,

saying all that I am and always will be grateful to Jack for everything he did for us.

Aye its always been a town with more than its fair share of big game hunters sadly but if we get 10k in this league it'll be a great effort imo. 

In regards to the 3rd div i was thinking the fact we'll probably still be paying 25 to 30 quid at away grounds and watching players on 5 to 10k a week hoof it back to front kind of takes the edge of the nostalgia bit. Plus you can't get sloshed and storm the pitch anymore but yeah there'll be some decent sets of fans and atmospheres up and down the country i'd imagine. Even the Championship is full of big time charlies.

Remember talking to a Fleetwood fan in the Accy 3 game friendly some years ago. He could easily do the m6, m62 route and follow a bigger club but his "Fleetwood till I die" t sheet told me why he was in Accrington. Credit to him and thousands like him who stay loyal to one club. Everyone to there own but I can't get my  head round glory hunting fans. Once a fan always a fan.

Looking forward to  a big away following we are going to have this season. The pubs, sounds, conversation, banter and even the results could be a lot different to what we have been use to. 

RTID

Annoyingly the one game pretty much literally on my doorstep,  Shrewsbury,  is on the only Saturday I have plans for the entire season. Sods law. What makes it even more frustrating is that it's a running race, and 99% of them are Sundays. Most start at 9am, this starts at 2pm, meaning no chance. 

Losing interest in football drove me to running - now it bites me back on the gentleman's agreements.

Still, there's Walsall.  Can go ikea on the way home. 

On 21/06/2017 at 17:54, 1864roverite said:

My view is that Rovers will walk it back to the Championship. Top 2 guaranteed if we can get a steady start.

Taking in Southend as its a ground I have been to but never watched Rovers play there. Away on hols for the away game at Rochdale. Will take more away games than home but for me, the first 14 games will give us an indication of our immediate future.

Trips to Wembley beckon.

10 should be a steady indicator. Can't see myself going down south for the away games home & some away but will be local.

Good run of away days at the start of the season. Outside of the first weekend (which is an opening day in the sunshine on the seaside anyway), there are lots of local away days for decent turnouts and hopefully some fun and noisy atmospheres. Apart from Southend, the next non local-ish game isnt until late Nov, including 4 Lancashire away days on the trot :rover:

Hopefully if the team is going well it won't matter where the games are in the 2nd half if we're at the top.

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Ticket prices just been announced on rovers website for walk ons. Does anybody know the prices of kids under 16 and under 5. It only says adult and concession being 18-21 and over 65

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15383059.Rovers_announce_matchday_ticket_prices_ahead_of_2017_18_League_One_campaign/?ref=mac

On 21/06/2017 at 12:43, Butty said:

Southend away is a very tough start, they were Just pipped too a play off place last season. Welcome too league one! 

IMG_8177.PNG

First time I have brought myself to look at the fixtures list.

By League 1 standards that is a seriously tough start.

If we hadn't had this splurge on new signings, being bottom after the Scunthorpe away game would have been my prediction.

If the new lads gel and we get off to a flyer and are top or thereabouts after the Scuny games, we are in for a fun season.

Archived