BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Finsbury Park mosque attack

Once again waking up to hideous news this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960

I saw a video with a famous member of the EDL, whom I won't be linking or mentioning but he spoke of "militias" in towns to deal with islamists.

Well what's the difference? Radicalising people to commit hate crimes is supposedly what he's against yet this is exactly that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly at a crossroads - this has to be condemned - by everyone - in all the same ways as any ISIS inspired attack.  And there must be the same acts of unity and brotherhood shown recently - from all people.

They are two sides to this - the peaceful and compassionate majority  - and the hate-fuelled extremists.

They will never win - Fear and hate will never change us.

• Backroom

Robinson is as guilty in this as the hate preachers on the other side 

just read the bloke tried to get away, absolute coward

• Moderation Lead

The Imam (Muslim version of a Vicar) from the Mosque apparently stopped the guy getting lynched and detained him until the police arrived.....

Just now, Tom said:

Robinson is as guilty in this as the hate preachers on the other side 

Didn't want to name him, he needs locking up along with any other extremist preachers.

That took some guts!

• Backroom

The red top media certainly have innocent blood on their hands - but it wouldn't be the first time. If anything I'm shocked this kind of thing doesn't happen more often.

Robinson, Labour's anti-semitism, radical imams, sure, all the same.

UK Labour Leader Corbyn Attended Rally With Islamists Shouting “Gas, Gas Tel Aviv”

by TheTower.org Staff | 06.07.17 6:25 pm

Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of the United Kingdom’s Labour Party and its candidate for prime minister in the general election that takes place Thursday, addressed a rally at which members of a proscribed Islamist group chanted “Gas, gas, Tel Aviv,” the Daily Mail reported Tuesday.

http://www.thetower.org/5052-uk-labour-leader-corbyn-attended-rally-with-islamists-shouting-gas-gas-tel-aviv/

• Moderation Lead

The Daily Mail were on top form today with their victim blaming. Same with that wrong'un Tommy Robinson.

No outpouring of grief and anger on the internet from the usual suspects on the internet whenever ISIS commit an attack either, weird that.

Even above, you've got a post moving the goalposts with complete rubbish from The Daily Mail. Not even a comment like 'I hope the victims are alright'.

Very, very sad and predictable.

I saw a comment today about every time something happens, the left and the right just blame each other. Nobody seems to have any tolerance of each other any more and this has gotten worse since Brexit, the election and Donald Trump and shows no sign of improving IMO.

4 hours ago, Biz said:

Didn't want to name him, he needs locking up along with any other extremist preachers.

That took some guts!

Dont talk like an arse. Tommy robinson is a hero and speaks the cluckin truth. Compared to some people who are afraid to offend the minorities

I've seen quite a lot of Tommy Robinson and have swayed both ways. I wouldn't go anyway near as far as labelling him a "hero," but I would certainly concede that many on the left are far too quick to condemn him as being some kind of racist monster. 

Sometimes his message is perfectly valid, but the way in which he delivers it certainly leaves him open to abuse, which in turn leaves his underlying point diluted and often ignored.

Just now, roverandout said:

Dont talk like an arse. Tommy robinson is a hero and speaks the cluckin truth. Compared to some people who are afraid to offend the minorities

I don't count divisive figures as "heros" personally. Whether that's someone like Robinson or Abu Hamza.. "different cheek of the same arse" sums it up perfectly.

Why does it come down to offence of minorities? The problem with extremism of any kind, it divides communities. The intent of the extremist Islamic teaching is to force a gap between communities, suggesting "non-believers" are culpable or responsible for things they are not. The ideology feeds the divide.

Its echoed by the far right ideas that multiculturalism is an impossible dream, or all Muslims are dangerous, or immigration is responsible for all issues within communities. These are basic myths that are perpetuated by intolerant scum who (like the extreme islamists) prey on this agenda.

I have no problem pointing out that SOME Muslims are practicing a version of their religion that's archaic and dangerous, just like I have no problem pointing out SOME members of our "indigenous" British society are using their own intolerance and agenda to divide up communities.

Anybody who groups people; be it ethnicity, race, religion, circumstance etc can be rightly criticised in my views- it's not about a fear of offending people, it's about ensuring you aren't insulting people who are decent, well meaning people.

You are welcome to your own views, but I think that in 2017, hatred, violence and bigotry should be on the wane, not on the rise. People like your "hero", Katie Hopkins, the tabloids et al feed off this.

22 minutes ago, roverandout said:

"Heroes" are firefighters who save lives in burning tower blocks or soldiers who give their lives for others on the battlefield.

3 minutes ago, Biz said:

I don't count divisive figures as "heros" personally. Whether that's someone like Robinson or Abu Hamza.. "different cheek of the same arse" sums it up perfectly.

Why does it come down to offence of minorities? The problem with extremism of any kind, it divides communities. The intent of the extremist Islamic teaching is to force a gap between communities, suggesting "non-believers" are culpable or responsible for things they are not. The ideology feeds the divide.

Its echoed by the far right ideas that multiculturalism is an impossible dream, or all Muslims are dangerous, or immigration is responsible for all issues within communities. These are basic myths that are perpetuated by intolerant scum who (like the extreme islamists) prey on this agenda.

I have no problem pointing out that SOME Muslims are practicing a version of their religion that's archaic and dangerous, just like I have no problem pointing out SOME members of our "indigenous" British society are using their own intolerance and agenda to divide up communities.

Anybody who groups people; be it ethnicity, race, religion, circumstance etc can be rightly criticised in my views- it's not about a fear of offending people, it's about ensuring you aren't insulting people who are decent, well meaning people.

You are welcome to your own views, but I think that in 2017, hatred, violence and bigotry should be on the wane, not on the rise. People like your "hero", Katie Hopkins, the tabloids et al feed off this.

I cant stand katie hopkins

• Moderation Lead

I'm sorry, but Tommy Robinson's Twitter today has been a disgrace. Blaming Finsbury Park Mosque as a hotbed of extremism, when it won awards recently for tackling extremism. It has had new owners since Abu Hamza preached there and that guy was deported years ago!

Victim blaming is inexcusable and he and Katie Hopkins have been all over that today. Granted, she's just a paid troll, and a complete horrorbag to boot. 

I'm presuming Tommy Robinson has been apologising for all extremist Christian groups today?

This attack is awful, and exactly what people like ISIS want.

• Backroom

Why haven't we seen ALL white Christians condemning this attack? Church leaders seem pretty quiet. Surely there should be marches with hundred of thousands of us marching against this moronic terrorist?

Or maybe we're all just like him and probably would do exactly the same if a Muslim looked at us the wrong way. After all, we do all read the Daily Mail and The Sun.

No, because we are not all the same as that murderous cretin who attacked Finsbury Park. Just as the nation's muslims are NOT all the same as the cowards who attacked Manchester and London.

I think most would be lying if they said this has appalled them in the same way the Manchester and London attacks did. 

This screams of some idiotic simpleton trying to carry out some kind of revenge as a result of intolerance born out of recent events. 

The Jihadi movement is far more calculated and intent on doing horrific things to non extremists, and will continue to carry out attacks on mass level in the coming weeks, months and years. This is one idiot who by the looks of it hasn't managed to kill anybody (this will be disputed I'm sure over he coming days and weeks).

If this were part of a wider network of people who are intent on killing innocent Muslims on a mass level, I would say differently, but as far as I can see it's just one pleb who has decided to take the law into his own hands.

Yesterday, in my opinion, demonstrates the risk of what things will descend into if the government don't get a grip on the Islamic Extremism problem quickly. It's an incredibly difficult problem to solve, but there is risk of a civil war breaking out if the current rate of attacks are allowed to continue.

People won't tolerate dozens - hundreds of innocent people being killed in public areas on a biweekly / monthly basis, and if our government are incapable of getting a grip on it quickly, we pose the risk of this getting much worse, very quickly.

The most concerning thing about yesterday is that we are one step closer to the Islamic Extremist dream..

Archived