BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Smallwood signs

So we've got 2 in now for the weekly equivalent of one Lowe maybe, the downgraders overseeing our shambles will love it. Hopefully though we now have a manager who can see us through it and actually pair suitable people together in key areas within his budget.

Never happened since Allardyce that, here's hoping.

Sounds like a hatchet man, who's here to get stuck in and battle. No complaints on that front from me, our midfield has been incredibly limp for ages, barely a proper challenge between the lot of them.

His actual footballing ability is where he might fall down but I'm guessing his remit will be to get the ball and pass it to Whittingham.

• Like 8

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Poor signing. 

As a defensive midfielder, he was as good as anyone in League One and a match for many in the second tier. He could read a game, anticipate problems, stop the threats. If there was opposition danger, he would be somewhere near it, doing his best to snuff it out.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-no-airs-no-graces-but-a-big-heart-farewell-richie-smallwood-1-8577327

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

As a defensive midfielder, he was as good as anyone in League One and a match for many in the second tier. He could read a game, anticipate problems, stop the threats. If there was opposition danger, he would be somewhere near it, doing his best to snuff it out.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-no-airs-no-graces-but-a-big-heart-farewell-richie-smallwood-1-8577327

Hmmm il trust the rufc fan board what had four pages of opinions. Might be okay at this level but normal people have ambition and this signing shows a severe lack of any. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Poor signing. 

Amazing cos if you look at Boro local reporter comments and Andy Bayes comments both saying good signing by all accounts. 

You just been over negative recently and very much anti Mowbray. 

Mowbray knows the player and the job he can do at this level. Look at Scunthorpe when he was there and after. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Poor man's Jason Lowe by all accounts. 

Have you seen him Jim?

Ever going to response to my question in the Cricket or just ignore it as per usual. 

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Poor man's Jason Lowe by all accounts. 

And Jason Lowe is a poor footballer so I'm hoping a poor mans Jason Lowe means he's actually ok at football 

• Like 5

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I've not even mentioned anything about Mowbray pal but for the record If we are not in the top two after ten games then he better be gone.

You talk about fans having a lack of ambition regarding our first two summer signings and some fans acceptance that realistically we won't be spending much money this summer. You expect us to be forking out money for a load of new signings, if Venkys were too give Mowbray the green light to go out and spend a load of cash which in-turn would suit your 'ambition' you'd then expect the man who assembled the squad using Money we don't even have too be sacked after 10 games of a 46 game season if we aren't in the top two? Ridiculous mate and you're just contradicting yourself. Smallwood is an okay signing and so is Whittingham. It does come across sometimes you do have an agenda against Mowbray like the good old Chadster has referred too. So no matter who Mowbray brings in you'll moan and call for his head at the first opportunity. You just said on the transfers thread fans with such little ambition should consider 'walking away', well some fans may say someone who can't even give a manager 10 games of a 46 season should consider 'walking away' <_<

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, rovgers said:

Going off that, I say good signing. Important to see him play though, in a system that works! Positive to see us getting players in positions we require also.

From the brief read, he seems like the type of player who will quickly become some fans new scapegoat! Does the unfashionable things well, wears his heart on his sleeve etc - but doesn't weigh in with goals, assists or pass forward as often.

So will probably be my new favourite player ?