BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Smallwood signs

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Against Bristol especially in the first half, Evans seemed to be helping Bell when Bell was outnumbered, whereas Smallwood gave no help to Nyambe

Cheers rigger another admission that Nyambe needs help. Like my defenders to be stand alone defenders not ones that need another player to give them support thus weakening the team in other areas of the pitch reducing our capabilities or chance of winning the game.

Edited by JAL

8 minutes ago, JAL said:

Cheers rigger another admission that Nyambe needs help. Like my defenders to be stand alone defenders not ones that need another player to give them support thus weakening the team in other areas of the pitch reducing our capabilities or chance of winning the game.

Why do you make a big thing of Nyambe needing help.All defenders need help when two on one. I would challenge any defender at any level  to cope with two attackers on there own. If that was any managers tactic they would soon show up as being unsuccessful. You state that helping another player weakens the team in other areas. On the contrary I would say that if you win the ball back the team is in a better position to win a game. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Odd bloke JAL, lives within sight of Ewood, never goes and has a fixation with Nyambe.

Takes all sorts eh!

It's reading comments that tell me he's doing great and then I see his actions on the pitch that are completely the opposite to what they are saying that absolutely infuriates me.

Edited by JAL
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JAL said:

It's reading comments that tell me he's doing great and then I see his actions on the pitch that are completely the opposite to what they are saying that absolutely infuriates me.

You don't see him on the pitch, that's your whole problem. If you did you would see he's a far better player than you give him credit for.  

Is he one of Conning's boys? If so what a great job he's doing with young Ryan. Three cheers for Simon. Hip Hip Hooray....

• Like 2

14 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

You don't see him on the pitch, that's your whole problem. If you did you would see he's a far better player than you give him credit for.  

Is he one of Conning's boys? If so what a great job he's doing with young Ryan. Three cheers for Simon. Hip Hip Hooray....

It is amusing that the posters who appear to single players out for criticism most are so often the ones who never attend and therefore have least grounds to do so.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2018 at 17:41, JAL said:

What a strange comment

9 hours ago, Al said:

It is amusing that the posters who appear to single players out for criticism most are so often the ones who never attend and therefore have least grounds to do so.

Absolutely Al there wasnt many of us on for the Lincoln game the other week.

Edited by JAL

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Brilliant. TFI Richie. 

The more I think about it the more surreal it becomes. His oversized shirt and gloves, his apparent lack of knowledge on the back pass rule and his general demeanour made him appear like anything but a keeper.

For anybody who remembers the football scene from Kes we might have the new Billy Casper.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Brilliant. TFI Richie. 

I’ve just watched the interview with Richie on ifollow. It shows a clip where Tony is speaking to the players in a big circle and Richie walks towards them, then drops his gloves to Dacks great amusement. 

Tony said that he went in the nets as he’s the slowest player but put it more tactfully. 

• 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve done some research on this and have concluded that actually he sometimes does give the ball away

Less than Bennett.

An uneventful game from Richie is worth more than a  thousand crosses to the first man a la Benno.

I think Richie gets a bad rap. Evans was at least as bad.

Edited by S8 & Blue

11 minutes ago, philipl said:

Problem with Smallwood is he is like a full stop in the middle of the park. 

Pretty effective at stopping anything going past him in any direction including, crucially, any attacking by us.

Reminds me of another number 6...

Just shows the lunacy in signing up Smallwood, Evans, Bennett et al on lucrative new deals.

No chance they’d be snapped up by anyone else, so surely you see how the season in the higher league pans out?

If they are up to it, you start to hand out the new deals around now. If not, thanks for your efforts, but we won’t be needing you next season, freeing up valuable space in the squad for upgrades.

Now in the summer, we are going to have a squad full of contracted, well paid, league 1 footballers, seriously restricting our room for manoeuvre. Jobs for the boys mentality that will do is serious harm.

• Like 5