BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Smallwood signs

On 26/07/2020 at 10:40, BRFC4EVA said:

I still sing the king of Ewood song to my 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 yr old in New Zealand here. Agree with all the previous sentiments, excellent league 1 players, can do a job bottom third of championship and should have gone last season. All the best to him

Say hello to Wanganui Rovers for me!

32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Great move for him. Surely favorites for promotion. Well played Richie, well played. 

Very good addition but I dont think they will get promoted unless they seriously strengthen.

Smallwood did his role well for us in League 1 but ultimately it was the quality of Dack, Graham, Mulgrew and Armstrong that really made us stand out, the likes of Smallwood played key roles complimenting that, soldiers and artists. Hull dont have that quality. Their attack consists of Josh Magennis and Tom Eaves, even if Smallwood does his bit winning it back, they wont be scoring many with them 2 donkeys!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Had accumulated a lorry load of shite players but were ultimately propped up by Grosicki and moreso Bowen who is a Premier League player. Once they went, they predictably tumbled.

I think their manager’s shite as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Very good addition but I dont think they will get promoted unless they seriously strengthen.

Smallwood did his role well for us in League 1 but ultimately it was the quality of Dack, Graham, Mulgrew and Armstrong that really made us stand out, the likes of Smallwood played key roles complimenting that, soldiers and artists. Hull dont have that quality. Their attack consists of Josh Magennis and Tom Eaves, even if Smallwood does his bit winning it back, they wont be scoring many with them 2 donkeys!

I think Smallwood will be good signing there. 

But you are correct they need much better strikers than those 2 players there

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Very surprised that they didn't change upon relegation. Not sure his record is anything to write home about even before Hull.

Yes I agree I am surprised that Hull didn't change manager

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ya, for sure. Bad time for a club to get relegated from the Championship with the salary cap coming in. No chance of Mulgrews or Grahams at that level, unless they take a serious wage cut, or are lone "marquee players" in sides where the others are paid less. 

They have a few decent players though like Batty and the dutch centre half. Surely have a few good young lads too, but ya, not going to be easy. They are favourites with the bookies, but could easily not be in contention for the automatic places too. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Smallwood seems to be top end L1 and bottom end Championship level, so an ideal move for him to go to a side that will be looking to challenge for automatic promotion. 

Was great for us in L1. Travis emerged and we that pretty much signaled the end for him here which was compounded when we signed the likes of Downing and Bradly Johnson.

He was completely frozen out though this season, which suggests some kind of fallout. Refusing to play in the reserve team for the Lancs Cup and then also refusing to go out on loan is likely to have had something to do with that.