BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Smallwood signs

Just now, islander200 said:

I'm at work it's in the deadline day thread.I don't make crap up.I was tooing and flowing with someone else about the potential Harper signing,you said it would be brilliant if he was a permanent signing.

Of course you can't find it..

I said signing a 17 year old who has played in the Premier league is a positive looking signing for a League 1 club. Is that an incorrect thing to say?

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, plenty of powder puffs on here who don't like having their views questioned when they are wrong. 

I don't give a crap about my views being questioned..if i get things wrong I will admit it.I already stated I hope to be proven wrong on the signings I critized but I haven't been proven wrong on Downing,Hunt,Antonnson and Harper yet.And you haven't been proven right.If you had made the post you did after a few games fair enough....but it was one game and the post was in bad taste as we had just won 3-0 and should have been enjoying the win not trying to get a reaction

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, plenty of powder puffs on here who don't like having their views questioned when they are wrong. 

Plenty of windup merchants that think people have gone into hiding just a few minutes after the final whistle. There was no need for it so early on. Just like with my opinion with Smallwood, I can hold up my hands and admit i was wrong. The new lad was in a winning team against a poor Rochdale and by all accounts did what was asked of him - a good start. Keep it up and I will change my opinion. He was still the 3rd choice to come in and nobody was attacking him as a player, just the transfer.

And we are wrong after one game?

Edited by JacknOry

I don't give a crap about my views being questioned..if i get things wrong I will admit it.I already stated I hope to be proven wrong on the signings I critized but I haven't been proven wrong on Downing,Hunt,Antonnson and Harper yet.And you haven't been proven right.If you had made the post you did after a few games fair enough....but it was one game and the post was in bad taste as we had just won 3-0 and should have been enjoying the win not trying to get a reaction

Nobody had to react to it. In fact the only reason someone would is if it hit a nerve with them :) 

As I have said, I don't know any of you , therefore I couldn't care less about being proven right or wrong. We are having a conversation/debate  

20 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I thought he had all the physical attributes and athleticism needed to become a ferocious or even merely a half way effective midfielder but the energy work rate and mentality were exactly what he did lack.

Anyhow enough about him. The "King" is dead. Long live the King.

Yes, I had the exact same expectations of him. I certainly expected him to come to the fore in the Championship.

I think we have had to endure a crap, dysfunctional midfield for almost seven years and Lowe seems to have typified that.

This year it does look more solid and creative.

Elvis will be spinning by the way! 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Plenty of windup merchants that think people have gone into hiding just a few minutes after the final whistle. There was no need for it so early on. Just like with my opinion with Smallwood, I can hold up my hands and admit i was wrong. The new lad was in a winning team against a poor Rochdale and by all accounts did what was asked of him - a good start. Keep it up and I will change my opinion. He was still the 3rd choice to come in and nobody was attacking him as a player, just the transfer.

Fair enough, but lots on here keep saying that Downing was an MK dons reserve as their only reference point to his entire career. It is a very lazy and disingenuous thing to do

You said brilliant....Ito in the deadline day thread

A 17 year old who has played in the Premier league, would suggest that the boy has talent. Do you agree or disagree?

See above on Downing for the contract on how some fans ignore certain points to suit their negative running of players into the ground. 

Fair enough, but lots on here keep saying that Downing was an MK dons reserve as their only reference point to his entire career. It is a very lazy and disingenuous thing to do

A 17 year old who has played in the Premier league, would suggest that the boy has talent. Do you agree or disagree?

See above on Downing for the contract on how some fans ignore certain points to suit their negative running of players into the ground. 

He could very well have talent.But he could also be the best of a bad youth team...I don't know.What I do know is West Brom where very short in midfield when he played,they only gave him a two year deal and have shipped him out for a season of that.He doesn't play in a higher age group for England. He could turn out to be a player but at 17 I'm not expecting him to make a telling contribution in which case the signing only serves from preventing our own contracted youth gaining experience 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

And we are wrong after one game?

If you run a player into the ground based on the fact that they were a sub against us, completely ignoring the rest of their career, then yes, yes you are wrong. 

He could very well have talent.But he could also be the best of a bad youth team...I don't know.What I do know is West Brom where very short in midfield when he played,they only gave him a two year deal and have shipped him out for a season of that.He doesn't play in a higher age group for England. He could turn out to be a player but at 17 I'm not expecting him to make a telling contribution in which case the signing only serves from preventing our own contracted youth gaining experience 

Well, lets wait and see when he gets on the field :) 

Ok, I need to do some actual work today.

It has been fun :rover:

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Fair enough, but lots on here keep saying that Downing was an MK dons reserve as their only reference point to his entire career. It is a very lazy and disingenuous thing to do.

You keep saying people running players into the ground. Nothing has been personal against any players - just the transfer in general. We knew throughout the entire transfer window that we needed a CB, in true typical style we leave it to the last minute, lose out on our number one and two targets and desperately take number 3. Now on paper, this lad was happily released from a team who are expected to finish below us. You have to admit that this might lead to people not believing its a good transfer. Nobody is slating the guy and are hoping he proves us all wrong. Time will tell but a good start so far.

• Like 2

If you run a player into the ground based on the fact that they were a sub against us, completely ignoring the rest of their career, then yes, yes you are wrong. 

I can only speak for myself but my criticism of the Downing signing had nothing to do with him being a sub against us.It looked to be a panic buy,get someone in the door after missing out on Heneghan. He did well at wallsall but when he made the step up to mk dons he wasn't a regular. In fairness bigdogg  Mowbray himself probably isn't sold on him,I'm sure mk would have preferred a permanent transfer

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

West brom might have sent him out to get experience in a better u23 team 

2 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

West Brom might have sent him out to get experience in a better u23 team 

Quite possible - everything is all back to front. A top academy team and a first team in League 1. He will find it hard to dislodge what we already have their though as Hardcastle, Tomlinson and the rest are doing a great job.

It's a shame the King of Ewood's topic has been hijacked by the fraud Lowe and a couple of point scoring idiots.

I am in agreement with Butty. Even though I disagreed with Dunnfc and others at the time it's pathetic to come back onto here and bring up 3 month old posts. He gave his opinion on what he thought of the signing - it's what the messageboard is for.

Smallwood has been nothing short of a revelation since coming here. He performed well for Rotherham at this level but didn't quite carry that form on into Championship level. It might be a bit early to be thinking that far ahead but I hope he's learnt from that poor showing with them and can carry on at this level when (or if...) we get promoted. If he does I can easily see him becoming another fondly remembered player.

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 20:09, blueboy3333 said:

He's dunn rather well.

From what I’ve seen he’s a gritty, very committed player (10 a penny) with very limited technical ability as seen at the weekend where he was beyond awful. Don’t get me wrong he’s had some ok/good games but he’s been a mixed signing in my eyes. How many “Cult” heroes actually are good? You tend to think of your Mokoena’s and Kuqi’s when that term gets used as it is with Richie at the moment. The standards bar at Rovers is at an all time low.

As that’s one signing Blueboy I seem to recall your stance on Peter Whittingham? I think I may have been the only one at the time to point out he was poor and looked finished. From what I’ve seen thus far he needs shipping out to whoever will take him. Be interested to hear your views on him?

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 22:33, chaddyrovers said:

Smallwood is miles better than Lowe all day long, he tackle, goes forward and score goals. good goal today something Lowe couldn't do. 

him and Evans are a good partnership

Jason Lowe wasn't bad enough to play League One though. Infact he bagged himself a move to Birmingham and was MOTM against Leeds.

Chaddy –  You spent all summer telling everyone how great Tony was, to get behind him and shouting me down for the slightest bit of negativity/critique surrounding the bloke let alone praising his recruitment which at the time I told you was Unimaginative and poor. It just so turns out that overall it appears to be unimaginative and poor whilst TM himself has been just as bad, I said 10 games and stand by that, how far of the top 2?

Now looking back at my posts who I suggested we ended up going for Dominic Samuel a couple of months later, he's now our top scorer with Mulgrew is he? Louis Moult, 1st/2nd leading SPL goalscorer, Ben Heneghan we bidded on deadline day? Nathael Julan, on his way to Stoke U-23 in January. Oh and Omar Bogle bagged a move to Cardiff’s bench. All attainable possibly bar Julan if we’d have bothered to act quicker and left the dross what has been brought in alone. It was always about the bigger picture and planning for the next season just as much, instead we got anyone who was free and willing, it stinks to high heaven.

Wigan – Surprise you derided me over these insisting they wouldn’t be where they are now and didn’t have the quality. Looks like they’ll win the game in hand and fly up into 2nd.  :P My bet looking good for them to win the league ;) 

1.jpg.png

2.jpg.png

3.png

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

From what I’ve seen he’s a gritty, very committed player (10 a penny) with very limited technical ability as seen at the weekend where he was beyond awful. Don’t get me wrong he’s had some ok/good games but he’s been a mixed signing in my eyes. How many “Cult” heroes actually are good? You tend to think of your Mokoena’s and Kuqi’s when that term gets used as it is with Richie at the moment. The standards bar at Rovers is at an all time low.

As that’s one signing Blueboy I seem to recall your stance on Peter Whittingham? I think I may have been the only one at the time to point out he was poor and looked finished. From what I’ve seen thus far he needs shipping out to whoever will take him. Be interested to hear your views on him?

Jason Lowe wasn't bad enough to play League One though. Infact he bagged himself a move to Birmingham and was MOTM against Leeds.

Chaddy –  You spent all summer telling everyone how great Tony was, to get behind him and shouting me down for the slightest bit of negativity/critique surrounding the bloke let alone praising his recruitment which at the time I told you was Unimaginative and poor. It just so turns out that overall it appears to be unimaginative and poor whilst TM himself has been just as bad, I said 10 games and stand by that, how far of the top 2?

Now looking back at my posts who I suggested we ended up going for Dominic Samuel a couple of months later, he's now our top scorer with Mulgrew is he? Louis Moult, 1st/2nd leading SPL goalscorer, Ben Heneghan we bidded on deadline day? Nathael Julan, on his way to Stoke U-23 in January. Oh and Omar Bogle bagged a move to Cardiff’s bench. All attainable possibly bar Julan if we’d have bothered to act quicker and left the dross what has been brought in alone. It was always about the bigger picture and planning for the next season just as much, instead we got anyone who was free and willing, it stinks to high heaven.

Wigan – Surprise you derided me over these insisting they wouldn’t be where they are now and didn’t have the quality. Looks like they’ll win the game in hand and fly up into 2nd.  :P My bet looking good for them to win the league ;) 

1.jpg.png

2.jpg.png

3.png

We are not worthy 

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 15:59, Dunnfc said:

I seen most games this season and I think Smallwood has been very good and the type of midfield we need for a couple of season. 

I commented on the recruitment and it was good enough for automatic promotion this season. that's the target for this season over 46 games. You achieve nothing after 10 games for being in the top 2. only matters after a full season. 

your Samuel suggestion was spot on and very good. Don't know Heneghan or Julan or Moult as I said at the time. don't watch Scottish football at all. don't even watch the Celtic and Rangers game cos it very poor quality. 

on Wigan, lets see where they finish at the end of season before we start jumping through hoops. clearly Wigan and Us have the best squads in this league. 

Rangers and Celtic today first half is best game of football I've seen for a while, end to end, passionate only one yellow for a Derby so it wasn't stop start both teams a plenty of chances. Crowd from both teams were amazing and most loud vocal I've heard in football.

Tierney from the dirty ones is rated 20 million Dembele more so. 

Morelos looks a player he will be in England soon 25 goals a year type. He's agreesive pacey deadly on goal and runs at players, similar to Dembele and only 21 playing in Finland last year. 

Given poor Motherwell a wage bill of just 30k a week saw Heneghan go to the championship this summer a league higher than were we are it's astounding the lack of respect.

winner of SPL gets 2.5 million. Loser of premiership 130 million. Barton looked great last year back at Burnley and horrendous in Scotland. You come up to the SPL and one thing you get every game is passion. Looks and thunder in commitment a plenty like football used to be.

3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Rangers and Celtic today first half is best game of football I've seen for a while, end to end, passionate only one yellow for a Derby so it wasn't stop start both teams a plenty of chances. Crowd from both teams were amazing and most loud vocal I've heard in football.

Morelos looks a player he will be in England soon 25 goals a year type. He's agreesive pacey deadly on goal and runs at players, similar to Dembele and only 21 playing in Finland last year. 

Given poor Motherwell a wage bill of just 30k a week saw Heneghan go to the championship this summer a league higher than were we are it's astounding the lack of respect.

winner of SPL gets 2.5 million. Loser of premiership 130 million. Barton looked great last year back at Burnley and horrendous in Scotland. You come up to the SPL and one thing you get every game is passion. Looks and thunder in commitment a plenty like football used to be.

Last thing we English need to hear or know about is this set of shysters from Glasgow.

Let them make their own noise that nobody else down here can hear please.

K dog out !

Edited by JAL

13 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

We must have been watching different games.

The standard of football was ok and way above our L1 status but from about 20 mins in there was only going to be one winner.

Overall Rangers were mediocre.

Rodgers somehow got himself the easiest job in British football.

Edited by AllRoverAsia