Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chaddyrovers

Smallwood signs

Recommended Posts

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Smallwood dragged us through the first few months of our League 1 campaign when the rest of the team were struggling to get going. His and Bennetts performances against Shrewsbury at home when we effectively ended their chances of reeling us in will live long in the memory. They were phenomenal. 

Smallwood was a brilliant L1 signing. 

They would both have been sent off after 20 mins in the Championship, absolutely crunching through anyone and everything that came near them.

Good game and good memories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I really do think he was a little underrated here.

I think so too. I think we're all prone to exaggeration in one way or another, but I think a few of our players are too harshly judged as 'not championship players', where 'not good enough for a team wanting to get promoted' would be fairer.

Splitting hairs maybe, but Smallwood is definitely in that category for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still sing the king of Ewood song to my 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 yr old in New Zealand here. Agree with all the previous sentiments, excellent league 1 players, can do a job bottom third of championship and should have gone last season. All the best to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2020 at 10:40, BRFC4EVA said:

I still sing the king of Ewood song to my 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 yr old in New Zealand here. Agree with all the previous sentiments, excellent league 1 players, can do a job bottom third of championship and should have gone last season. All the best to him

Say hello to Wanganui Rovers for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Year off and then straight into a club of Hull’s size.

Played a blinder there son!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Great move for him. Surely favorites for promotion. Well played Richie, well played. 

Very good addition but I dont think they will get promoted unless they seriously strengthen.

Smallwood did his role well for us in League 1 but ultimately it was the quality of Dack, Graham, Mulgrew and Armstrong that really made us stand out, the likes of Smallwood played key roles complimenting that, soldiers and artists. Hull dont have that quality. Their attack consists of Josh Magennis and Tom Eaves, even if Smallwood does his bit winning it back, they wont be scoring many with them 2 donkeys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot Hull City are in League 1 now. WTF happened there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They got relegated.

I was waiting for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amo said:

Forgot Hull City are in League 1 now. WTF happened there?

Had accumulated a lorry load of shite players but were ultimately propped up by Grosicki and moreso Bowen who is a Premier League player. Once they went, they predictably tumbled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Had accumulated a lorry load of shite players but were ultimately propped up by Grosicki and moreso Bowen who is a Premier League player. Once they went, they predictably tumbled.

I think their manager’s shite as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I think their manager’s shite as well.

Very surprised that they didnt change upon relegation. Not sure his record is anything to write home about even before Hull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Very good addition but I dont think they will get promoted unless they seriously strengthen.

Smallwood did his role well for us in League 1 but ultimately it was the quality of Dack, Graham, Mulgrew and Armstrong that really made us stand out, the likes of Smallwood played key roles complimenting that, soldiers and artists. Hull dont have that quality. Their attack consists of Josh Magennis and Tom Eaves, even if Smallwood does his bit winning it back, they wont be scoring many with them 2 donkeys!

I think Smallwood will be good signing there. 

But you are correct they need much better strikers than those 2 players there

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Very surprised that they didn't change upon relegation. Not sure his record is anything to write home about even before Hull.

Yes I agree I am surprised that Hull didn't change manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Very good addition but I dont think they will get promoted unless they seriously strengthen.

Smallwood did his role well for us in League 1 but ultimately it was the quality of Dack, Graham, Mulgrew and Armstrong that really made us stand out, the likes of Smallwood played key roles complimenting that, soldiers and artists. Hull dont have that quality. Their attack consists of Josh Magennis and Tom Eaves, even if Smallwood does his bit winning it back, they wont be scoring many with them 2 donkeys!

Ya, for sure. Bad time for a club to get relegated from the Championship with the salary cap coming in. No chance of Mulgrews or Grahams at that level, unless they take a serious wage cut, or are lone "marquee players" in sides where the others are paid less. 

They have a few decent players though like Batty and the dutch centre half. Surely have a few good young lads too, but ya, not going to be easy. They are favourites with the bookies, but could easily not be in contention for the automatic places too. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.