BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Smallwood signs

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So it appears the mob have their smoking gun 

Yes. 'The mob' probably hacked his account too.

Footballers being thick is hardly news but there's no need to get so defensive.

Just now, Stuart said:

Yes. 'The mob' probably hacked his account too.

Footballers being thick is hardly news but there's no need to get so defensive.

Wait and see. This will be used as a stick if he has a bad game. Do you not know how it works with some rovers fans? 

It seems so silly to me that a fan would go and dig that tweet up and then go sharing. What's the point? 

How was he even being "thick"? He just gave his opinion. His twitter profile now says that he is a proud footballer of Blackburn rovers. Maybe fans should share that 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

On 21/06/2017 at 00:55, Dunnfc said:

Let's not forget back in the third and struggling jack also paid the wages of Burnley for a month or two, funny how many they forget and sing about him isn't it.

Can we have a link to this please pal, it would be great ammunition for me!

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wait and see. This will be used as a stick if he has a bad game. Do you not know how it works with some rovers fans? 

It seems so silly to me that a fan would go and dig that tweet up and then go sharing. What's the point? 

How was he even being "thick"? He just gave his opinion. His twitter profile now says that he is a proud footballer of Blackburn rovers. Maybe fans should share that 

You just did!!! :blink:

I suppose you're defence is that it's a nice post but you have done exactly the same.

On 06/21/2017 at 00:31, JayPeeBee40 said:

I think were exactly where we were in 1991 when jack took full control and gave the club an unnatural ascension. At the time we were battling relegation to the third division.

Do you know Parson?

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He wasn't thick because he is a footballer and even if he thinks it privately he should not be posting in the public domain that he is hoping for bad things for other clubs. Y'know just in case he ends up signing for them. Oh look.

He has created a legitimate case to make himself an enemy of Rovers fans. He is now under more pressure than he was to perform. Let's hope that spurs him on a bit.

Personally, I've already gone off the guy. Let's just hope he can play football and then nobody will care.

But it's quite the opposite of your fan-blaming post.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2017 at 00:31, JayPeeBee40 said:

I think were exactly where we were in 1991 when jack took full control and gave the club an unnatural ascension. At the time we were battling relegation to the third division.

You really aren't here to meet new friends are you? "Unnatural ascension" indeed.

Learn your history.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

He wasn't thick because he is a footballer and even if he thinks it privately he should not be posting in the public domain that he is hoping for bad things for other clubs. Y'know just in case he ends up signing for them. Oh look.

He has created a legitimate case to make himself an enemy of Rovers fans. He is now under more pressure than he was to perform. Let's hope that spurs him on a bit.

Personally, I've already gone off the guy. Let's just hope he can play football and then nobody will care.

Ridiculous. People have opinions. So what if 7 years ago he wanted us to go down? Who gives a crap. Other fans probably wanted us to go, for various reasons. If werent in the position to go down, nobody would say it. The blame for that is with venkys. The fan clearly asked him who he would like to go down and he picked 2 teams out of maybe 3 possible options who were near the relegation zone. This mob mentality against players here is absolutely ridiculous. This is a prime example. Talk about petty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

:lol:

Good to see you getting your business done early and your new hate-figure signed and sealed ready for pre-season..:rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Its all pretty irrelevant every player that plays against us wants us to loose,so when we sign a player they will probably have at some time wanted us to loose .

• Like 2

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 16:51, davulsukur said:

Sounds like a hatchet man, who's here to get stuck in and battle. No complaints on that front from me, our midfield has been incredibly limp for ages, barely a proper challenge between the lot of them.

His actual footballing ability is where he might fall down but I'm guessing his remit will be to get the ball and pass it to Whittingham.

20 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Honest appraisal of the Smallwood signing by Mowbray. Essentially saying that it's not one that will excite the fans, but he'll be in the team to do a specific job for us.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/june/mowbray-pleased-to-make-smallwood-signing/

Just sayin':rover:

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

You are becoming as tedious as Chaddy. You are on a constant crusade just waiting to pick up the next figure to hate.

It is a tweet from a young lad made over 5 years ago. Give it a rest will you. All of us have said things we later look back on and regret. The only difference is he put his on social media probably without the realisation someone would scrawl through his entire feed years down the line.

• Like 1

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

You are becoming as tedious as Chaddy. You are on a constant crusade just waiting to pick up the next figure to hate.

It is a tweet from a young lad made over 5 years ago. Give it a rest will you. All of us have said things we later look back on and regret. The only difference is he put his on social media probably without the realisation someone would scrawl through his entire feed years down the line.

Someone has to replace his previous target of abuse :) 

Mowbray. Evans eh 

"I've told him he'll have to work really hard to get himself in the team, because we have some high-quality players, but there's going to be lots of games where we need a character who is there to compete for us and win the ball back and give it to the likes of Whittingham or Evans or the footballers who can spray it around the pitch.

"I think whilst Richie is a good passer of the football, his main qualities and the reason we've brought him here is to give us a bit of stability. To win it back and pass it simple. To keep the ball for the team.

"I know him as a human being and he's a fantastic lad. He'll run through a brick wall for you and whilst he might not be as exciting an acquisition as a Petter Whittingham, I think he's a very solid, hard-working, honest, full of integrity footballer."

2 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

Honest appraisal of the Smallwood signing by Mowbray. Essentially saying that it's not one that will excite the fans, but he'll be in the team to do a specific job for us.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/june/mowbray-pleased-to-make-smallwood-signing/

Being saying this from when he was going to sign here, signed here for a specific role within the team and style

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Being saying this from when he was going to sign here, signed here for a specific role within the team and style

All players are signed for a specific role/purpose. Not like you gonna sign a striker and put him in goal. He is a defensive midfielder - its bleeding obvious what his role would be. So that's hardly something to put a feather in your arrogant cap really is it?

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

All players are signed for a specific role/purpose. Not like you gonna sign a striker and put him in goal. He is a defensive midfielder - its bleeding obvious what his role would be. So that's hardly something to put a feather in your arrogant cap really is it?

Players are being signed for the formation we will be using this season whilst as last summer recruitment seem to be all over the place and players not signed for the formation we were playing. Under Coyle first few games we played 3 different formation in 6 games which is crazy.

Under Mowbray he appears to be know what his 1st choice formation will be which I think will be 4-2-3-1 formation. You see us signed Smallwood and Whittingham to play the 2 centre midfield roles. Plus the links with Bostock,  Oztumer and Dack who can play the 10 role in that formation

• Like 3