BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Smallwood signs

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Players are being signed for the formation we will be using this season whilst as last summer recruitment seem to be all over the place and players not signed for the formation we were playing. Under Coyle first few games we played 3 different formation in 6 games which is crazy.

Under Mowbray he appears to be know what his 1st choice formation will be which I think will be 4-2-3-1 formation. You see us signed Smallwood and Whittingham to play the 2 centre midfield roles. Plus the links with Bostock,  Oztumer and Dack who can play the 10 role in that formation

Isn't TM favouring the 3 at the back system? :blink:

41 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Isn't TM favouring the 3 at the back system? :blink:

Did last season. Make us more solid at the back

This summer he talk about playing attacking passing style. So I expect him to revert back to his WBA formation of 4-2-3-1 now.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

This summer he talk about playing attacking passing style. So I expect him to revert back to his WBA formation of 4-2-3-1 now.

I'd hate to see him line up 451 or 4411 at southend and you be wrong fella.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

how many times did you see his WBA side in action ??.....last chance saloon for TM..he either takes us back up or proves he's a well busted flush

7 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You are becoming as tedious as Chaddy. You are on a constant crusade just waiting to pick up the next figure to hate.

It is a tweet from a young lad made over 5 years ago. Give it a rest will you. All of us have said things we later look back on and regret. The only difference is he put his on social media probably without the realisation someone would scrawl through his entire feed years down the line.

Like I said, he's an idiot. Rule 101 in football is don't slag off managers, other players and other clubs - you never know when you might need them.

Funny though that you defend his right to post what he wants on social media (even to the detriment of our club) and then tell me to give it a rest when I post to detriment of Little Pecker! :lol:

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Incase Chaddy was wrong his formation is slightly more adventurous and would require further signings to play those roles!!. 

We are linked to sign Oztumer, Dack, Bostock, Gladwin who can play the 10 role. Why are we being linked with these players if we are going to play a number 10 player. Plus we got Bennett, Conway,.Feeney and Rankin Costello to wide roles

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We are linked to sign Oztumer, Dack, Bostock, Gladwin who can play the 10 role. Why are we being linked with these players if we are going to play a number 10 player. Plus we got Bennett, Conway,.Feeney and Rankin Costello to wide roles

We need fast energetic wing backs to make a 352 work properly. Im not sure we have the manpower......

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or he could keep the 3 at the back or go 4-4-2 which works in this division. Even 4-4-1-1 can be attacking with the right guy in the hole.

My opinion is that the personnel will determine how attacking we are just as much as the formation.

Also to play ANY formation well we need in a lot more players...

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

Or he could keep the 3 at the back or go 4-4-2 which works in this division. Even 4-4-1-1 can be attacking with the right guy in the hole.

My opinion is that the personnel will determine how attacking we are just as much as the formation.

Also to play ANY formation well we need in a lot more players...

And some real pace, which currently we are short of in most areas.

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Players are being signed for the formation we will be using this season whilst as last summer recruitment seem to be all over the place and players not signed for the formation we were playing. Under Coyle first few games we played 3 different formation in 6 games which is crazy.

Under Mowbray he appears to be know what his 1st choice formation will be which I think will be 4-2-3-1 formation. You see us signed Smallwood and Whittingham to play the 2 centre midfield roles. Plus the links with Bostock,  Oztumer and Dack who can play the 10 role in that formation

Or he could have signed him because we need another defensive minded midfielder after getting shot of a bunch. Just like I hope he gets two centre defenders in and some strikers since we need them. Let me get this in before you though - I reckon the next player he signs will be signed to play in a certain position (just so I can say told you so after).

Of course he has in mind a formation he would like to play - all managers do. Even Coyle would have, its just he was a &*%^ manager that couldnt get anything to work.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Or he could have signed him because we need another defensive minded midfielder after getting shot of a bunch. Just like I hope he gets two centre defenders in and some strikers since we need them. Let me get this in before you though - I reckon the next player he signs will be signed to play in a certain position (just so I can say told you so after).

Of course he has in mind a formation he would like to play - all managers do. Even Coyle would have, its just he was a &*%^ manager that couldnt get anything to work.

Why do we need 2 center halves? We have Mulgrew, Lenihan, Ward, Wharton and Williams can also play there 

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ward as captain next year (if Mulgrew leaves)

Mulgrew wants to stay in the Championship. He's gone if a buyer appears who wants a short term punt on someone quite a bit injury prone.

Mowbray must be planning to replace if he goes.

I want Mulgrew to stay with first choice CBs starting as Mulgrew and Lenihan.

Lenihan too may attract bids.

We still need pace in midfield and forward.

Mowbray is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't on the players leaving front. If he comes out in the LET talking about those players potentially leaving he will be piloried for being seen to be alerting clubs to their availability, if he says nothing he is accused of not preparing should they leave? I would imagine Mowbray would like both to stay but ultimately it all depends on whether any clubs are interested in them. 

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

Mowbray is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't on the players leaving front. If he comes out in the LET talking about those players potentially leaving he will be piloried for being seen to be alerting clubs to their availability, if he says nothing he is accused of not preparing should they leave? I would imagine Mowbray would like both to stay but ultimately it all depends on whether any clubs are interested in them. 

Agreed and TM is astute enough to have contingency plans, which can get clobbered by last day/hour transfer activity which the Vs are good at......one way first though.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Exactly, whilst Mulgrew is a cracking footballer he is potentially an expensive punt that most lower end championship clubs cant afford and is a 31 year old, injury prone centre half who will cost a fee and a substantial wage what the upper reaches of the championship are looking for? 

I think Lenihan is by far the more attractive proposition of the 2 on an investment basis.