BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Smallwood signs

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We don't need 2 centre halves at the moment though 

Correct, we will probably need them with two days to go until the season starts knowing this lot.

But yes there are more pressing holes to fill in terms of numbers, a RB, couple of strikers and a winger ideally.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Correct, we will probably need them with two days to go until the season starts knowing this lot.

But yes there are more pressing holes to fill in terms of numbers, a RB, couple of strikers and a winger ideally.

Pity Jason Lowe is gone ;) 

I can see us filling at least 1 of the striker slots via a loan from the Premiership 

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Chaddy seems to think it is 4-2-3-1 that TM will be lining up as. Despite his use of 3 at the back throughout his managerial career of course.

I think Nixon may have said something once.

didnt use 3 at the back at WBA or Celtic but a 4-2-3-1 formation(mostly) like I said. But you clearly you know best

Not a pity at all. He was not worth his wage in midfield or at RB. Has the ever-present captain, picked by every single manager been snapped up by anyone yet? 

As for upfront, would be nice to get Gallagher in again as I reckon he would tear up L1 but Champs teams would be interested. If not him, id want someone pacey upfront.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We don't need 2 centre halves at the moment though 

no we don't.

we have 5 centre half at the club already. Lenihan, Mulgrew, Ward, Wharton and Platt. Plus Nyambe and Williams can fill in there

we have 4 centre midfielders in Whittingham, Smallwood, Evans and Tomlinson

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

no we don't.

we have 5 centre half at the club already. Lenihan, Mulgrew, Ward, Wharton and Platt. Plus Nyambe and Williams can fill in there

Dack would be a nice addition to those 4 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Quite right. Duffy another example.

Mulgrew wants away. He's out for sure IF an acceptable (no idea!) offer arrives.

I do believe that unlike Marshall and Duffy that CM would still try his best if the Vs play hardball to up a fee.

Agreed, Mulgrew certainly seems a decent bloke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

didnt use 3 at the back at WBA or Celtic but a 4-2-3-1 formation(mostly) like I said. But you clearly you know best

Like the (mostly) part Chaddy ha.

He may have played 4 at the back at WBA (I honestly can't remember) but that was back in 06. 3 at the back in England certainly wasn't a popular choice then.

He has played with 3 at the back at Celtic, Boro, Coventry and now us.

Funny how you've suddenly been banging on about his preferred formation being 4-2-3-1 so much over the past few weeks. Been reading his profile on transfermarkt have you? It may say that but it certainly isn't true.

By the way read here http://www.thehardtackle.com/2011/middlesbroughs-corner-how-architect-tony-mowbray-designed-an-unbeaten-boro/ Notice his preferred formation.

But you clearly know best

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Like the (mostly) part Chaddy ha.

He may have played 4 at the back at WBA (I honestly can't remember) but that was back in 06. 3 at the back in England certainly wasn't a popular choice then.

He has played with 3 at the back at Celtic, Boro, Coventry and now us.

Funny how you've suddenly been banging on about his preferred formation being 4-2-3-1 so much over the past few weeks. Been reading his profile on transfermarkt have you? It may say that but it certainly isn't true.

By the way read here http://www.thehardtackle.com/2011/middlesbroughs-corner-how-architect-tony-mowbray-designed-an-unbeaten-boro/ Notice his preferred formation.

But you clearly know best

Funny enough I found an article about Mowbray playing 4-4-2 at Boro.

I remember his WBA team playing attacking style and being a passing team

Football Formations - Never Mind The @#/?

To quote John Lydon in his 2014 autobiography, ‘Anger is an Energy’ “Over-analysis of football is a modern-day problem. It should be chaos out there and it really is, actually, no matter how they try to plan it ... You can over-strategise and purchase all the best players, but still that might not work. It’s something about the personality blend and the confidence a manager can instil in a team that makes a team successful and exciting to watch … All this rubbish about zonal marking and so on is confusing. I mean, come on!”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive only posted what I was told..

Dont know why we keep mention Hanley, Duffy and Marshall. They left and now we move on and build a new squad to achieve promotion this season

Because it shows that Venkys are happy to sell people and not invest money. How much did their replacements cost?

Pesky thing this evidence lark.

• Like 2

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 14:49, chaddyrovers said:

no we don't.

Who the hell is Platt? We need to stop including untested youth players in our summations, especially in positions where experience is essential like centre half. Ward is injury prone. Mulgrew is too. Lenihan and Mulgrew are actually natural midfielders, though both do play very well at CH. I'd consider those two the most likely candidates for last minute departures if that happens. I want to see us blood some youth in this league, but I also want to see us promoted!

• Like 5

Just now, bluebruce said:

Who the hell is Platt? We need to stop including untested youth players in our summations, especially in positions where experience is essential like centre half. Ward is injury prone. Mulgrew is too. Lenihan and Mulgrew are actually natural midfielders, though both do play very well at CH. I'd consider those two the most likely candidates for last minute departures if that happens. I want to see us blood some youth in this league, but I also want to see us promoted!

Exactly, there will be a sting in the tail at some point and I expect it to be either Mulgrew or Lenihan. Platt doesnt count, perhaps Wharton as he played a bit but I still feel we need cover there. The last thing we need is a key player going near the end of the window and we're not able to replace them sufficiently.

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 14:49, chaddyrovers said:

no we don't.

Wharton and Platt are untested at this level. Mulgrew and Ward are crocks. That just leaves Lenihan who can be relied on to last the whole season, and he is one of the few in the squad who could walk into a Championship side and could therefore be quite conceivably sold before the end of August.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Lowe started for Big Club against Norwich today.

Big Club conceded on 6 mins.

Lowe subbed on 78 mins.

Big Club lose.

Big Club outside the relegation zone on goal difference.

Would love it, absolutely love it, if Lowe took Big Club down and 'Arry with him.

J's big moments...

IMG_6934.JPG

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Lowe started for Big Club against Norwich today.

Big Club conceded on 6 mins.

Lowe subbed on 78 mins.

Big Club lose.

Big Club outside the relegation zone on goal difference.

Would love it, absolutely love it, if Lowe took Big Club down and 'Arry with him.

J's big moments...

IMG_6934.JPG

Why is this in the King Smalwood thread?