BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] English League predictions 2017/18 season

Just now, lraC said:

No I have no inside information whatsoever. In a lot of ways, I see Sunderland being in a similar position to Bolton, last year, albeit in a division higher. With the mess Bolton were in last year and still are for that matter, then should have been nowhere near the top two. Sunderland will have parachute money and may retain some of their players. Bookies have them at 4/1 for promotion, with Villa and Boro at 2/1 joint favourites, so not a great deal in it. Just my opinion, but they remind me a lot of the position that Newcastle were in, when Chris Hughton got them promoted.

i just think they are in a mess. They don't know who will own the club, let alone who the manager will be. Plus they are coming off the back of an absolutely dreadful season. A lot of players have left/are leaving too. I reckon they will be closer the bottom than the top. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

i just think they are in a mess. They don't know who will own the club, let alone who the manager will be. Plus they are coming off the back of an absolutely dreadful season. A lot of players have left/are leaving too. I reckon they will be closer the bottom than the top. 

I wouldn't suggest putting your wages on it, but as we know it is a game of opinions. Who would have given our friend down the Road a hope in hell under Coyle that season?. As JG used to say every week on Saint and Greavsie, its a funny old game.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They've done it before though, gone down with a whimper, and immediately gone back up. If they get off to a good start, they'll be getting full houses and that'll keep the players fired up.

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 16:00, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes a right mess. no manager in place with first team coach Robbie Stockdale to take the training starting tomorrow until further notice. Takeover taking ages, Chief scout resigning today and a number of managers turning the job down

Archived