BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] coaching staff changes

HSH sports, run by Craig Honeyman, who used to be a director of SEM...

What about him?

All Transactions involving Clubs where an Intermediary was used from 2nd February 2016 to 31st January 2017.

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/rules-and-regulations/2016-17/all-transactions-to-publish-2017.ashx

No more cryptic questions needed..

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically a lot of the old SEM, Kentaro, Anderson pals operate under new company names and some are connected to each other and still Rovers I think that's the gist of it.

If it wasn't them it would be someone else because football is almost run by agents, question I always ask is does Rovers exist these days just as their vehicle now whilst the name over the door use the books OR is there a genuine ambition to get it up the leagues and put winning games first ?

If they aim to get it along the lines of Southampton then it's good for everyone, if they want an easily cheap run Crewe Alex of days gone by just sat in the middle of division growing, blooding and providing players for others then no that's not good enough for a club of Blackburn Rovers history, standing and potential.

I think JAL's point is that it could be said that SEM is now no more and ended on a negative profile following legal battles with Rovers and Bolton. However it seems the key players in SEM have all set up numerous different companies with a selection of Directors with links to SEM - these companies now deal with Rovers. 

• Moderation Lead
56 minutes ago, JAL said:

Who's HSH chaddy and who's connected ? 

JAL- will you please stop it? Either Google something if you don't know, or tell us what it is you're referring to.

53 minutes ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

HSH sports, run by Craig Honeyman, who used to be a director of SEM...

What about him?

All Transactions involving Clubs where an Intermediary was used from 2nd February 2016 to 31st January 2017.

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/rules-and-regulations/2016-17/all-transactions-to-publish-2017.ashx

No more cryptic questions needed..

Unless I'm reading wrong only looks like HSH involved in one of those deals?  Similarly looks like a decent spread of agencies which is what you would prefer so as not to have any conflict of interest suggestions?

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I think JAL's point is that it could be said that SEM is now no more and ended on a negative profile following legal battles with Rovers and Bolton. However it seems the key players in SEM have all set up numerous different companies with a selection of Directors with links to SEM - these companies now deal with Rovers. 

but surely you would expect sports agents after leaving one company to set up another one. So which agents are these and their agencies?

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

JAL- will you please stop it? Either Google something if you don't know, or tell us what it is you're referring to.

He never tell us what he is referring to so does he know anything really?

1 hour ago, Manchester Blue said:

Unless I'm reading wrong only looks like HSH involved in one of those deals?  Similarly looks like a decent spread of agencies which is what you would prefer so as not to have any conflict of interest suggestions?

exactly.

1 hour ago, Manchester Blue said:

Looks that way to me too. You can probably make a connection from any one agent to any other agent, at any other club. I'm not denying it hasn't happened in the past because it blatantly has, but I'm finding it hard to see any evidence it is still going on. And certainly not to the extent it was before. It's there in black and white, just like JAL has been asking for. Every transaction, every agent and agency. I can't see a pattern or connection. Perhaps I don't know enough about them? If you know more JAL, could you fill in the blanks? It'd be interesting to know more.

All managers and clubs have preferred agencies/agents. We had a preferred agency back in the days of Williams and Finn, using one agency more than another is common and to some extent a necessary evil. Having a preferred agency is very different to the nefarious dealings in our more recent history.

Probably just expect Mowbray to do it along with all his other responsibilities. After all, they still think it is acceptable for an accountant who arrived as Financial Director to now be the only man on the board apparently responsible for every single area of the club. Who needs to pay for 4-5 directors when 1 will do?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Probably just expect Mowbray to do it along with all his other responsibilities. After all, they still think it is acceptable for an accountant who arrived as Financial Director to now be the only man on the board apparently responsible for every single area of the club. Who needs to pay for 4-5 directors when 1 will do?

In fairness though does TM,s job title expect him to flexible? I'm not altogether to sure what his job remit is beyond being a manager of this football club.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

#1 problem since the beginning has been a void in structure and ultimate decision making. 

Seeing as managers at Ewood are expected to more or less oversee a lot of other football related stuff away from the first team on the pitch as well in the absence of proper structure I think this is the first time they've had a proper experienced football man about to do it.   Seems a thorough type who'll put a plan in place and work to it and expect everyone else to do the same and it all should be geared in tandem with the first teams requirements.

Talking about in away from the first team and just thinking behind the sense stuff for a min ......

Kean had zero idea whatsoever and had a totally different agenda, making money.  Berg no time and working with a host of other peoples men.  Appleton had some idea but not here long enough.   Bowyer I think had plenty of the right idea but obviously lacked a lot of experience how to carry it through to full effect plus other restrictions and hampers on him.  Lambert seemed more 1st team focused although the backroom team should have delivered given time.   Coyle & co, don't even go there....

Now we have Mowbray who's experienced a restructuring at Boro and of course hard working conditions at Coventry plus a host of other experience, probably at a good age and juncture in his career. Maybe just maybe he's a good fit for the club in it's current state, time will tell.

Archived