BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers complete Dack swoop

Rovers have this evening completed the signing of Bradley Dack from Gillingham. The 23 year old has signed a 3 year deal with an option of a 4th year. He will cost an initial fee of £750,000.

Sources have also confirmed that Rovers are closing in on a deal for Ben Gladwin, the QPR midfielder spent last year at Swindon and has been heavily linked with Rovers over the last week or so.

View full article

If they'd put even this kind of cash in this time last year, even taking Coyle into account, we probably wouldn't have been in the situation of trying to get back to the Championship in the first place.. So forgive me for being frustrated rather than excited. Depending on how many leave to balance the books, we could be in for a relatively successful season, but its still a season in League 1. Entirely avoidable and spending after the horse has bolted is totally illogical, like the rest of the last 7 years. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but expecting to be disappointed.

• Like 6

Its hard to be negative...even after the last 7 years.

Last time this kind of targeted work was done was King Kenny and before that Gordon Lee, both leading to a major upturn in results.

Maybe we can start looking for an upturn and that much needed 'momentum'. And TM seems to get his men.

Oh yes boys, Bradley Dack! 

A man I was unaware breathed oxygen until roughly one week ago, when I read about him standing in a corner tossing off whilst his mate RECITED OLD TALES ABOUT LAW SCHOOL.

Sounds like he takes a good corner though (something that correlates with his bedroom misdemeanours!).

Top 6 in League one is looking like a distinct possibility, can't wait to see some "proper tackles" next season.

Erm, no Bradley, not what I meant. Put it away mate.. 

Edited by Batman.
LEGAL REASONS
  • Like 7

Long stopped trying to work out these owners. Though these signings coud easily be offset by sales later in the window, the fact there actually seems to be a plan this summer is a plus point.

After nearly 7 years of this farce, people have every right to be cynical and yes *gasp* negative too, the missed opportunites and dreadful decision making of this era has hardwired this mindset into many of us. However, since his appointment Mowbray and the players have had nothing but support on a matchday, so as long as that's the case there's nothing wrong with having a gripe and a 'oh what might have been' lament on an internet message board.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Long stopped trying to work out these owners. Though these signings coud easily be offset by sales later in the window, the fact there actually seems to be a plan this summer is a plus point.

After nearly 7 years of this farce, people have every right to be cynical and yes *gasp* negative too, the missed opportunites and dreadful decision making of this era has hardwired this mindset into many of us. However, since his appointment Mowbray and the players have had nothing but support on a matchday, so as long as that's the case there's nothing wrong with having a gripe and a 'oh what might have been' lament on an internet message board.

Absolutely we all have reason to be negative and suspicious, I'm also reserving the right to be positive about isolated things and take them at face value.

For the league we are in I will say for me Dack and Whittingham are the most exciting signings since Rhodes.

Both potential risks but both would be welcomed by every other club in the league.

I know it's all relative and it's shocking that it is where we are now but I can't recall the last time we actually took a player from a team that wanted to keep hold of them.

I'm worried what's around the corner but looking forward to the season as well.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Batman. said:

Oh yes boys, Bradley Dack! 

A man I was unaware breathed oxygen until roughly one week ago...

You might want to edit this post. His mate was found not guilty.

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You might want to edit this post. His mate was found not guilty.

Quite right Stupot, just spoke to my lawyer!!

"A man I was unaware breathed oxygen until roughly one week ago, when I read about him standing in a corner masturbating both sensually and heroically whilst his mate had fully consensual Adonis esque sex with a fully conscious and frankly grateful young woman."

(Original post also edited, full story here... http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/ex-gills-player-cleared-of-rape-31944/)

Edited by Batman.

13 minutes ago, Batman. said:

"A man I was unaware breathed oxygen until roughly one week ago, when I read about him standing in a corner masturbating both sensually and heroically whilst his mate had fully consensual Adonis esque sex with a fully conscious and frankly grateful young woman."

(Original post also edited, full story here... http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/ex-gills-player-cleared-of-rape-31944/)

:lol:

I never stopped loving you.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Batman. said:

You can't be too careful.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.