BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should you buy relegated players?

Depends on the player.

34 year old Jermaine Defoe got relegated but landed a 3 year deal at Bournemouth.

You would imagine a few clubs in the prem wanting him. 

For us, we signed Smallwood from Rotherham, relegated from the championship and a few people weren't impressed. Bradley Dack survived with the gills on the last day of the season (so ok, not relegated but bloody close) in league one and most seem positive about his transfer.

You can't say you're not signing a player just because they were relegated. Madness. 

Yes of course if they can contribute on the field & with resale value makes economic sense for the betterment of the club. How long is piece of string. Depends on the situation I guess it's common practice division down division picking off the star player/players when a team gets relegated & the player often wants to leave. Expect no difference here hardly a revelation.

1 minute ago, Beanie01289 said:

Pickford was relegated this season but he looks like he will be a cracking keeper all be it with a hefty price tag.

Could be exposed if they don't get Keane up the road Everton have spent & I expect them to do ok even more so if they can keep lukaku & the goals don't dry up predicatable 7th.

Of course, providing they meet your requirements. No one player ever took a team down and some cracking players immediately come available. 

The question is who will buy our relegated players?

Relegated from Division Two. I'm not sure that has fully sunk in yet for me. Jeepers. 

7 hours ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

This could be interesting..

It requires and interesting question in order to provoke an interesting response.

If I were being kind, I would say that your question is "absolutely ridiculous and devoid of any sense whatsoever."

If i were being honest I would say...

Well, it's Friday, so I'm going to remain kind.

15 hours ago, Batman. said:

It requires and interesting question in order to provoke an interesting response.

If I were being kind, I would say that your question is "absolutely ridiculous and devoid of any sense whatsoever."

If i were being honest I would say...

Well, it's Friday, so I'm going to remain kind.

Ive never spoke to you before and you certain have chosen an interesting way to start. Pillock.

1 hour ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

Ive never spoke to you before and you certain have chosen an interesting way to start. Pillock.

it was a OK question credit to starting the debate in the first place. I had nothing further to add apart from I'd already said it got me thinking though.

4 hours ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

Well think about it. If somebody fully agrees with your sentiment, their answer would be "yes, no relegated player should ever be signed without exception as they have a loser mentality."

You don't think that's stupid? History has proved your point to be completely wrong.

What happens if a relegated player later gets promoted? Does that cancel out the relegation?

Simply I know where your coming from but one player doesn't make a team. Look at our own situation we had Sam Gallagher last year and whilst I think he's proper dosey and lacks allot in the head he's a good career ahead of himself in the Championship and he'll be snapped up. He was relegated with us.

Look at Mulgrew released by Wolves, 50/50 at Aberdeen, a star at Celtic and part of the Barca 1-0 win, when we can get him on the pitch is a star. 

It's a player by player basis i think.

Archived