BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When you can just sign the best, where's the fun in that?

4 hours ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

'Batman'..

Sorry, can't take u serious with that username.. You must be such a geek.. I imagine a ed sheeran lookalike.. :lol:

Ah yes Mr JayPeeBee Sir, the most noble of all the usernames.

The majority are stuggling to take you seriously due to your lack of cognitive abilities. I'm imagining a meat headed chav, probably buzzing off your summer trip to Ibiza.

Either way, do try and go a day without starting some pointless thread that exposes you as having the mental capacity of a tadpole. 

I can see what he is trying to say. When your team is like a heavily edited version of Football Manager, and you've not seen the team grow like a Nottingham Forest under Clough, or Leicester City, the good times don't feel the same. And you'd also get the gobshite glory supporters from Singapore or Nigeria who have never seen a live game in their life circle jerking each other over Messi or Ronaldo.

• Moderation Lead

Watching the best players in the world every week pulling on your own club's colours, that sure must get boring really quickly.....

Whilst I would agree that to truly appreciate the highs, you have to experience the lows (Man City for example), but surely every fan would want to see the best players playing for their club, or what's the point of competitive sport?

"When you can just sign the best, where's the fun in that?"

Well after a brief flirtation with thoughts of making Ewood Park a camping site for aged Marquee signings our owners decided to follow the opposite path and that's not a bit of fun either.

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I can see what he is trying to say. When your team is like a heavily edited version of Football Manager, and you've not seen the team grow like a Nottingham Forest under Clough, or Leicester City, the good times don't feel the same. And you'd also get the gobshite glory supporters from Singapore or Nigeria who have never seen a live game in their life circle jerking each other over Messi or Ronaldo.

The UK itself is full of 'gobshite glory hunters', no need to get all xenophobic about it.

The top European teams get so much international tv exposure that it would be nigh impossible to avoid brainwashing.

For example most SEA countries show ALL Premier League games live with all of the pre and post match programming too. It's 365 24/7 overseas just like it is in the UK.

Archived