BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season ticket sales confirmation

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Maybe dip your toe back in against Charlton and see if you like the feel of the water. You are only hurting yourself in the long run ;)

I have been tempted, then I think... I’ve got this far, I may as well see it out now. Madness, I realise. 

7 hours ago, J*B said:

More importantly did your mate ask his missus for a half season ticket?

Yep. My eldest asked for one for his Christmas. Need to add to that he’s recently changed jobs which means he no longer works weekends. 

9 hours ago, gumboots said:

In case anyone wonders, I'll not be getting one. I'll miss too many games as I'm going to the winter olympics in South Korea. 

Putting the season ticket debate to one side, that sounds like a great trip, to see the winter Olympics. Have a nice and safe trip.

5 hours ago, Boaty said:

Why would anyone be wondering about that?

Because it's a bit of a joke which being relatively new here you perhaps won't appreciate. I've explained too many times for some why I don't have a season ticket so I was poking gentle fun at myself .

11 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Because it's a bit of a joke which being relatively new here you perhaps won't appreciate. I've explained too many times for some why I don't have a season ticket so I was poking gentle fun at myself .

Thank god, I thought you were serious. Have a great time with the family

8 hours ago, Boaty said:

Why would anyone be wondering about that?

Because she is known, well liked and respected by many on here - myself included - beyond a username.

Don’t your friends tell you what their plans are?

On 08/12/2017 at 21:12, Rover_Shaun said:

Me to. I am more likely to cement my head inside a microwave than part with a penny. Time is not a healer

I was of the same opinion as you Shaun.....this manager and team are doing their best to bring some pride back to the fans....THEY DESERVE THE SUPPORT AND BACKING.

I am hoping for a bumper turnout at Ewood on Boxing day,many stay aways and casual attendees I know have bought tickets.

8 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I was of the same opinion as you Shaun.....this manager and team are doing their best to bring some pride back to the fans....THEY DESERVE THE SUPPORT AND BACKING.

I am hoping for a bumper turnout at Ewood on Boxing day,many stay aways and casual attendees I know have bought tickets.

Oh no! Disaster beckons.:unsure:

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I absolutely agree with this. Likewise here is hoping to a decent crowd on Boxing Day. I am right in saying if we beat Charlton and Northampton, a win against Dale will equal club record of 8 consecutive league wins set under Howard Kendall? If that’s not a good enough reason to go I don’t know what is.

My old man has booked a table in the hospitality for the Rochdale game and was told by the lady in charge that corporate ticket sales have been very good for this game; she said it will be the busiest they have been in hospitality for a few years.

i know of a couple of venky boycotters going to the Crewe replay - they haven’t been for a few years. Let’s hope some gradually start to return and get behind this good bunch of players.

Despite what the absent tw*ts (Venky’s) have done to the club, it’s clear that the majority of fans don’t and never have had the bottle to do anything significant in an attempt to oust them. I’ve done the odd protest march and stayed behind after games to demonstrate and I hate them with a passion. I am, however, now of the opinion that there is no point remaining a NAPM. It’s pointless. The stubborn bar stewards have shown that a substantial drop in turnover and a return to large losses doesn’t appear to hurt them. They will leave when they’re good and ready and on their own terms. 

After seven years of pain, there is a real feel good factor returning this season. The away games in particular are generating superb atmospheres with numerous sell outs. After moving to Cheshire, I was at the Shrewsbury away game and can tell you it was great to be back amongst Blackburn/East Lancs people. I will be at Crewe on Tuesday evening and am looking to get up to more home matches including Boxing Day.

If we keep our good form going, there will be no problem continuing to sell out the away games. What we do need to do though is get the home attendances up to around the 14-17k mark. Over to the absentees.

I have stubbornly resisted reappearing at Ewood, I even moved our works Christmas party last year in order not to put another penny in their pockets, so they might have to put more of their money in. Though I am of the mind that it's me suffering far more than the Rao family. Just as when Kean left, I called down to Ewood the next day and bought my season ticket and my two lads tickets too, I would likewise do again. A few of us go to away matches and it has been great, except Oldham! 

I really would like to support this team at Ewood and could very easily see myself getting half season tickets for me and Santa for my lads.  I would gladly accept an olive branch or just the acknowledgement from the Rao family of their desire for Rover's future and possibly a proposal to rule a line under what has passed, this would have to come directly from them, not from any third party, e.g. a public quotation and not some puppet.

So the Rao's are you going to make two boy's Christmas? One of whom has been known to appear on here, how thrilled would he be do we all think? 

36 minutes ago, Boz said:

So the Rao's are you going to make two boy's Christmas?

Think you're pissing in the wind there mate. They'll not speak to anyone....BUT why should they matter? It's your club, they just hold the deeds, and you can bet they'll be enjoying a promotion party if it happens. Why let them have all the fun? It's been 7 mainly shyte years, why deny yourself half a season of a promotion push at your home ground?

It won't affect the owners in the slightest if you turn up or not BUT it will help the team if you and your lads do.

Hope you're right phil, can certainly see it for Bradford on Good Friday as they'll bring plenty too.

Not sure about some of the other games, as even Wigan won't fetch much away support and it's been  years since  we've had anywhere near 18,000+ home fans in the ground.

Fighting for promotion to the PL and it's a different issue...

So 7 years of NAPM on principal of the venkys being here. I respected what i considered to be a tough stance of self sacrifice, principals and beliefs. 7 years of awful football and no matter how many fans said we need your support , some even to join in protests it was NAPM til they leave . 5 wins in a row and a scent of success and the half season tickets start flying off the shelves. No one saw that coming.  The venkys aren't leaving. Amazingly timed epiphany guys 

19 minutes ago, philipl said:

I fancy we will see near 20,000 gates for Wigan and Bradford at either end of March then getting up to 20,000 for every game to the end of the season if we are up there.

Mike Cheston and co. will no doubt make those games 'Category A' (what nonsense that is in the 3rd division) and charge a premium for fans to attend, thereby ensuring a smaller gate than it could be for a top of the table clash.

My 'plan' would be to hand Wigan the Darwen End upper and charge them £25-30 each to sit up there, keeping them away from the pitch, and then reduce home prices in all areas including the normal away area in the DE Lower and try to shift as many as possible for £10 a head. Wigan won't bring more than 3,000 at that price and we can try to silence the away fans by having Rovers fans on all 4 sides of the pitch.

No reason on earth why we couldn't do that. Quieten the away fans, make them pay if money is the concern, boost the home gate, job's a good un.

Do away with the pointless £2 price increase on the day and install a proper cash turnstile on the Darwen End for any last minute stragglers to avoid the nonsense of having to walk to the BE, queue up for 20 minutes at the ticket kiosk and then walk back round to a ticket only turnstile.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

I fancy we will see near 20,000 gates for Wigan and Bradford at either end of March then getting up to 20,000 for every game to the end of the season if we are up there.

I'll be utterly amazed if that happens to be honest.

Would be nice to get the home turnout regularly around 13/14k again it would make a big difference to the atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So 7 years of NAPM on principal of the venkys being here. I respected what i considered to be a tough stance of self sacrifice, principals and beliefs. 7 years of awful football and no matter how many fans said we need your support , some even to join in protests it was NAPM til they leave . 5 wins in a row and a scent of success and the half season tickets start flying off the shelves. No one saw that coming.  The venkys aren't leaving. Amazingly timed epiphany guys 

Who says the tickets are flying off the shelves? 

Who are these fans you're critisizing? 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Who says the tickets are flying off the shelves? 

Who are these fans you're critisizing? 

Clayton's left boot - " I am, however , of the opinion that there is no point remaining NAPM

Boz- I would really love to support the team at ewood and can see myself getting a half season ticket.

Theirs two on this page....and the rest will surly follow the higher up the table we get.

Your NAPM til they leave or you just couldn't be arsed watching shit football. End of

Don't mistake what I write as I would be delighted if they return . Just be honest with it 

Archived