BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season ticket sales confirmation

8 hours ago, Boz said:

I have stubbornly resisted reappearing at Ewood, I even moved our works Christmas party last year in order not to put another penny in their pockets, so they might have to put more of their money in. Though I am of the mind that it's me suffering far more than the Rao family. Just as when Kean left, I called down to Ewood the next day and bought my season ticket and my two lads tickets too, I would likewise do again. A few of us go to away matches and it has been great, except Oldham! 

I really would like to support this team at Ewood and could very easily see myself getting half season tickets for me and Santa for my lads.  I would gladly accept an olive branch or just the acknowledgement from the Rao family of their desire for Rover's future and possibly a proposal to rule a line under what has passed, this would have to come directly from them, not from any third party, e.g. a public quotation and not some puppet.

So the Rao's are you going to make two boy's Christmas? One of whom has been known to appear on here, how thrilled would he be do we all think? 

Pops. It’s your son here.

If they apologise, even through a mouthpiece, I will gladly accept a season ticket.

I will do, but I’d rather not miss Wembley or a promotion party at Ewood. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

NAPM  !

even if we get to Wembley

even if we get to the PL

Even if there’s a statement on the Rovers website saying:

The Venky family would like to apologise to the clubs fans. Madame Desai said:

”When buying Rovers we listened to some poor advise from people with vested interests. With all the best intentions we continued with this advise but can now see by following this advise we have disrespected the legacy of Jack Walker that was promised to honour. 

In recent times we believe we have put a better structure in place, with Tony Mowbray leading the club to some recent success. We are committed to continuing to back Tony financially and put this football club back where it belongs. 

We would like to thank the fans that have continued to support the team.”

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Even if there’s a statement on the Rovers website saying:

The Venky family would like to apologise to the clubs fans. Madame Desai said:

”When buying Rovers we listened to some poor advise from people with vested interests. With all the best intentions we continued with this advise but can now see by following this advise we have disrespected the legacy of Jack Walker that was promised to honour. 

In recent times we believe we have put a better structure in place, with Tony Mowbray leading the club to some recent success. We are committed to continuing to back Tony financially and put this football club back where it belongs. 

We would like to thank the fans that have continued to support the team.”

No dry ice and flying pigs... at the Leighton Buzzard's gigs..

3 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

NAPM  !

even if we get to the PL

Yep. Even if they apologise.

There's more chance of that than the PL under this lot. Promotions far from assured let alone being a regular mid table championship club.

13 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Clayton's left boot - " I am, however , of the opinion that there is no point remaining NAPM

Boz- I would really love to support the team at ewood and can see myself getting a half season ticket.

Theirs two on this page....and the rest will surly follow the higher up the table we get.

Your NAPM til they leave or you just couldn't be arsed watching shit football. End of

Don't mistake what I write as I would be delighted if they return . Just be honest with it 

I thought you'd seen an announcement in the local press that we'd had a run on tickets!

Ive always tried very hard not to critisize fans for attending/not attending because we all have our reasons either way. 

I know for a fact that 'Clayton left boot' has probably forgotten more games than I've been too in any case! So to single him out is way off the mark.

One things for sure, if the teams playing/performing well the fans will come, it's been the case since 1875 and I have no reason to believe that trend will stop anytime sooon.

• Backroom
13 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

NAPM  !

even if we get to the PL

Respect for that level of determination and sticking to what you think is right and I know you and some others will stick to that however if we got to the premier league many others would come back. Much easier for some to boycott when we are rubbish.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Much easier for some to boycott when we are rubbish.

Some began whilst still a premier league club and it saddens them with every match that goes by especially after the passing of Rovers loving family members who where the ones who ignited the Rovers bug in them, and who's last days of supporting the club where to witness it being brought down to its knees whilst being abused by oh so knowledgeable apologists. Never forgive. Never forget.

We are raking up old, done to death ground Tom so best not to feed the trolls

16 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Clayton's left boot - " I am, however , of the opinion that there is no point remaining NAPM

Boz- I would really love to support the team at ewood and can see myself getting a half season ticket.

Theirs two on this page....and the rest will surly follow the higher up the table we get.

Your NAPM til they leave or you just couldn't be arsed watching shit football. End of

Don't mistake what I write as I would be delighted if they return . Just be honest with it 

Oldgregg86 - if you feel inclined to use my quote in order to attempt to reinforce your viewpoint, please do try to get it right and in the correct context too.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:18, Boz said:

I really would like to support this team at Ewood and could very easily see myself getting half season tickets for me and Santa for my lads.  I would gladly accept an olive branch or just the acknowledgement from the Rao family of their desire for Rover's future and possibly a proposal to rule a line under what has passed, this would have to come directly from them, not from any third party, e.g. a public quotation and not some puppet.

Just an ever so slight differing use of wording.

The context being that I am looking for the owners to make some encouraging noises to those like myself who have in principle decided that after being hoodwinked on previous occasions (Kean departure, then Bowyer/Lambert with promises of support disappearing, then finally appointing Coyle), plus over £100m of debt, I may be able to find a way to put the above aside in the hope that they will not do this to me once again. As it stands I for one would accept Rovers in any guise without the Rao family as owners , with my only final option to withdraw my £ in the hope that this may force the issue, apparently failing.

Nothing to do with recent successes, I made similar noises last season when I pondered if my support at Ewood may in some way help with the relegation battle, though other voices such as yours may have impacted on my decision to stick with my resolve and may yet again  do so now. I've seen some shit football at Ewood over the years and have been very arsed to do so, with 5,000 other souls, as it felt that we were all in it together, owners included, in fact old Div 3 experiences in 70s were at times as enjoyable as many which followed. 

I've said that I am hurting, missing my Rovers and was merely setting a hypothesis for a scenario in December 2017 whereby I might put aside my principles. Do you have any suggestions Oldgregg86, or am I and a handful (#?) of similar Rovers fans destined for a future of an Ewood free lifetime?

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I thought you'd seen an announcement in the local press that we'd had a run on tickets!

Ive always tried very hard not to critisize fans for attending/not attending because we all have our reasons either way. 

I know for a fact that 'Clayton left boot' has probably forgotten more games than I've been too in any case! So to single him out is way off the mark.

One things for sure, if the teams playing/performing well the fans will come, it's been the case since 1875 and I have no reason to believe that trend will stop anytime sooon.

I didn't want to single anyone out and I'm glad they have had a change of heart. You asked for examples which I provided. I'm not criticizing fans for attending/not attending I'm criticizing fans saying napm until the venkys leave. Seven years of poor football and relegation battles when the support was needed. Protests where people wouldnt attend on the grounds of NAPM until they leave. Now the good times are on the horizon and suddenly people are justifying reasons to come back. The same people who point blank refused to do something pro active on the grounds that their principals of NAPM where so strong. 

30 minutes ago, Boz said:

Oldgregg86 - if you feel inclined to use my quote in order to attempt to reinforce your viewpoint, please do try to get it right and in the correct context too.

Just an ever so slight differing use of wording.

The context being that I am looking for the owners to make some encouraging noises to those like myself who have in principle decided that after being hoodwinked on previous occasions (Kean departure, then Bowyer/Lambert with promises of support disappearing, then finally appointing Coyle), plus over £100m of debt, I may be able to find a way to put the above aside in the hope that they will not do this to me once again. As it stands I for one would accept Rovers in any guise without the Rao family as owners , with my only final option to withdraw my £ in the hope that this may force the issue, apparently failing.

Nothing to do with recent successes, I made similar noises last season when I pondered if my support at Ewood may in some way help with the relegation battle, though other voices such as yours may have impacted on my decision to stick with my resolve and may yet again  do so now. I've seen some shit football at Ewood over the years and have been very arsed to do so, with 5,000 other souls, as it felt that we were all in it together, owners included, in fact old Div 3 experiences in 70s were at times as enjoyable as many which followed. 

I've said that I am hurting, missing my Rovers and was merely setting a hypothesis for a scenario in December 2017 whereby I might put aside my principles. Do you have any suggestions Oldgregg86, or am I and a handful (#?) of similar Rovers fans destined for a future of an Ewood free lifetime?

I suggest you do what you feels right. The more fans we have at ewood the better for all of us. 

I don't want to come across so judgemental. However I have had many an argument with napm fans regarding things such as the 1875 protest where for one game for the greater good to highlight the cause and reasons why people feel the need to boycott and I was met with a stance of what part of NAPM til they leave don't you understand. If it isn't for the recent success what else is making people consider such a change of heart when the venkys have sent the same pre scripted commitment as every other year and are nowhere to be seen.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I didn't want to single anyone out and I'm glad they have had a change of heart. You asked for examples which I provided. I'm not criticizing fans for attending/not attending I'm criticizing fans saying napm until the venkys leave. Seven years of poor football and relegation battles when the support was needed. Protests where people wouldnt attend on the grounds of NAPM until they leave. Now the good times are on the horizon and suddenly people are justifying reasons to come back. The same people who point blank refused to do something pro active on the grounds that their principals of NAPM where so strong. 

You are criticising those NAPM fans Reg, dodgy ground in my opinion as many are dyed in the wool long standing Rovers fans, but you have every right to ask the question if you want to go down that rocky road :D

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

You are criticising those NAPM fans Reg, dodgy ground in my opinion as many are died in the wool long standing Rovers fans, but you have every right to ask the question if you want to go down that rocky road :D

I think I will pass. Glad people are deciding to come back :rover:

16 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

NOT A CHANCE !

Words Words Words

Like their annual end of season "committed to the club" statements ? Even more hollow when we have just been relegated.

I will go back under 2 scenarios :-

1. They leave.
  2. They return to Ewood to SHOW their commitment. 

Stop keep sending half season ticket flyers to my house offering 12 games for £170..... now 13 games for £170

NAPM !

I will tell you what Balaji. You go to the next 13 games and I will do.

Sound fair ?

He won't even watch the next 3 games on I Player, let alone go to them.

22 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

1. They return to Ewood to SHOW their commitment. 

I think you should remove that option, if they returned it would be for their own benefit and not that of the football club.

Rather lame that one Suhail. 

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

NOT A CHANCE !

Words Words Words

Like their annual end of season "committed to the club" statements ? Even more hollow when we have just been relegated.

I will go back under 2 scenarios :-

1. They leave.
  2. They return to Ewood to SHOW their commitment. 

Stop keep sending half season ticket flyers to my house offering 12 games for £170..... now 13 games for £170

NAPM !

I will tell you what Balaji. You go to the next 13 games and I will do.

Sound fair ?

You are one sad man. Not going to Ewood because you hate Venky's and things are going tits up under them is one thing.

Not going to Ewood even though things might be improving and refusing to contemplate a return under any circumstances no matter how much things improve because you hate them is another thing entirely. Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

For your information the owners did seemingly demonstrate commitment and do the right thing for once in summer by retaining Mowbray, meeting up with him, giving him the budget he needs to be competitive in this division and not selling anyone. If we go up then they will need to do something similar next season but on a much bigger scale to make us competitive at the tip end of the Championship.

Hope a number of people take up the half season ticket and enjoy the second half of the season in what will hopefully be a promotion campaign. 

I don't know what you gain by coming on here to troll almost every day. If you don't want to go to Ewood that's entirely up to you but by endlessly posting NAPM like a badge of honour on here every time we win you're not making yourself look noble and heroic you're making yourself sound bitter and twisted and stubborn and pigheaded.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Respect for that level of determination and sticking to what you think is right and I know you and some others will stick to that however if we got to the premier league many others would come back. Much easier for some to boycott when we are rubbish.

But what's the point in boycotting when we're not "rubbish" or we even improve to the point where we might be considered quite good?

That's not being determined, it's painting yourself firmly into a corner and being stubborn for the sake of it.

On 11/12/2017 at 19:28, Oldgregg86 said:

Just to be clear here, I have never been a NAPM although I do respect the wishes of those that choose to be. I was just trying to put down in black and white that whilst NAPM may have had some merit in the first two or three years after Venky’s took control, since then it has proved to have been ineffective and pointless. 

If the sole point of the NAPM brigade is to deny Venky’s income to a degree that it will force them to leave, then why haven’t they left? This after two relegations and a drop in income like no other in our entire history. The answer is that they are rich enough for it not to matter, they will continue to absorb the losses season after season and leave on their terms as and when they have become fed up of their play thing.

If, however, the sole point of the NAPM brigade is to simply deny our owners their own personal weekly contribution to BRFC, be that by no season ticket purchase or no cash at the turnstiles, a sort of personal vendetta, then as far as I’m concerned they’re just cutting off their nose to spite their face. Why would you deny somebody something that is irrelevant to them anyway and which at the same time causes you yourself to do something on a Saturday afternoon that you don’t want to do?

26 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Just to be clear here, I have never been a NAPM although I do respect the wishes of those that choose to be. I was just trying to put down in black and white that whilst NAPM may have had some merit in the first two or three years after Venky’s took control, since then it has proved to have been ineffective and pointless. 

If the sole point of the NAPM brigade is to deny Venky’s income to a degree that it will force them to leave, then why haven’t they left? This after two relegations and a drop in income like no other in our entire history. The answer is that they are rich enough for it not to matter, they will continue to absorb the losses season after season and leave on their terms as and when they have become fed up of their play thing.

If, however, the sole point of the NAPM brigade is to simply deny our owners their own personal weekly contribution to BRFC, be that by no season ticket purchase or no cash at the turnstiles, a sort of personal vendetta, then as far as I’m concerned they’re just cutting off their nose to spite their face. Why would you deny somebody something that is irrelevant to them anyway and which at the same time causes you yourself to do something on a Saturday afternoon that you don’t want to do?

Yeah can't disagree. Seems I've dropped a ball on this one ,whizzing through in the early hours and missed the point. I can only apologise 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived