BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Checkatrade Trophy

On 05/10/2017 at 18:23, JAL said:

Never mentioned agents what are you on about ?  

Its the Bury game played at Ewood Park 3rd October 2017.and Travis's performance during this game absolutely nothing to do with the senior players.

Bury are nothing special in fact they are a struggling league one team aren't they, which after viewing Travis's performance raises more questions than answers about the lads capability to wear a first team jersey.

Matty Platts contribution seemed far more positive to me along with Fisher.

Is Travis going to replace Nyambe as your new hate figure?

You take one look at a young player in a senior shirt and label him crap,young players need time to adapt to playing senior football,unless your a Wayne Rooney or another top player.

How anybody can give your views on young players the time of day is beyond me after telling us all Phil Jones was crap and wouldn't make it

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, islander200 said:

You take one look at a young player in a senior shirt and label him crap,young players need time to adapt to playing senior football,unless your a Wayne Rooney or another top player.

How anybody can give your views on young players the time of day is beyond me after telling us all Phil Jones was crap and wouldn't make it

I'm not even sure he has to see them.

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Why is Travis good enough for the first team ?

Are you struggling to see that Nyambe isn't that good ?

If your wanting to give them time to adapt then you obviously don't want promotion this season or maybe even the next.

I'm not interested in developing young footballers in the slightest to move on for profit to keep a sinking Venkys ship afloat and fill the agents boots of this game of Association football that you and I, take an interest in.

13 minutes ago, JAL said:

Why is Travis good enough for the first team ?

Are you struggling to see that Nyambe isn't that good ?

If your wanting to give them time to adapt then you obviously don't want promotion this season or maybe even the next.

I'm not interested in developing young footballers in the slightest to move on for profit to keep a sinking Venkys ship afloat and fill the agents boots of this game of Association football that you and I, take an interest in.

I think Nyambe is a good prospect along with Travis.I dont know if Travis is good enough for the first team he hasnt really had a chance has he?

If you had been in charge of Rovers you would have released Phil Jones so forgive me for thinking you know F all about young players or have some sort of agenda.

The 'EFL' really are a pathetic organisation.

The Football League Trophy whilst never exactly a blue chip tournament, didn't ever see three figure crowds before the great idea of adding in youth teams.

The League Cup; they've managed to make a hash of every single draw this season.

And as for the 'EFL' branding, the Football League is an ancient name, going back to the foundation of the professional game, just chucked away so it can have better 'global reach', I presume?

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The 'EFL' really are a pathetic organisation.

The Football League Trophy whilst never exactly a blue chip tournament, didn't ever see three figure crowds before the great idea of adding in youth teams.

The League Cup; they've managed to make a hash of every single draw this season.

And as for the 'EFL' branding, the Football League is an ancient name, going back to the foundation of the professional game, just chucked away so it can have better 'global reach', I presume?

There's nothing they won't sell and in the process degrade in exchange for a quick buck.

Some bright spark thought that it would be easier to 'market' the competition by renaming it the 'EFL' rather than retaining the old proud Football League name. What was once THE Football League, with 130 years of history behind it, overnight transformed into a cheap marketing gimmick that tries to put it alongside competitons such as the 'EPL, NFL and NBA. Of course a major part of the success of the competition over the years has been that very tradition, the tradition of its clubs and the competitiveness of the competition, yet coming up with a fancy new logo and brand name is seriously considered to be a game changer. Probably someone who has never watched a game of football in their lives and wouldn't go watching Football League matches if they were paid to. Likewise the people voting on behalf of clubs for these changes will turn up for the prawn sandwiches and hospitality but they aren't the ones giving up their free time and money to travel to empty stadia

The League Cup has essentially been reduced to a marketing gimmick for a Thai Energy drink company. Holding the cup draw on the other side of the world at 4am sums it up. Not interested in the slightest in the people who put their money in and go to games, only interested in who will sign that multi-million pound cheque every year.

I said it earlier this season and I'll say it again, I firmly believe this nonsense with draws in Asia and Thai sponsors is a prelude to getting the big boys out to Asia and the world for competitive games via the back door.

They tried doing it with the Premier League and there was uproar. I believe there are secret plans afoot here that in years to come they will host League Cup fixtures in China, Thailand, Singapore etc. The presence of United, City, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool in the League Cup is one of the biggest things they have to 'sell' to foreign markets. Opposition from supporters in the UK will be a fraction of that for league games.

They and the member clubs have taken their pieces of silver from the Premier League and the lure of a decent wad of prize money in exchange for admitting U21 teams. In the process they have ruined what was left of the competition but rather than admit their error and try to return it to what it was they instead vote to continue with the ludicrous structure and even have the brass neck to claim it was a success. Clearly the team selections and attendances tell us all we need to know about the real impact yet they get their money from the Premier League so they aren't bothered.

18 hours ago, islander200 said:

I think Nyambe is a good prospect along with Travis.I dont know if Travis is good enough for the first team he hasnt really had a chance has he?

If you had been in charge of Rovers you would have released Phil Jones so forgive me for thinking you know F all about young players or have some sort of agenda.

Opinions islander we see what we want to see, mine is about the here and now. 

Why is Nyambe a good prospect what does he do well for you to say this ?

34 minutes ago, JAL said:

Opinions islander we see what we want to see, mine is about the here and now. 

Why is Nyambe a good prospect what does he do well for you to say this ?

Since you have refused to address my comments about Jones,why don't you answer why you where so quick to write off Jones first?

23 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Nyambe isn't a bad player but he's no Phil Jones.

If JAL would have released Phil Jones then he's an extremely bad judge of talent.

Oh I wasn't suggesting that Nyambe was in any way as good as Jones.

My point was that Jal wrote off Phil Jones like he does with every single young player that comes through

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Nyambe isn't a bad player but he's no Phil Jones.

If JAL would have released Phil Jones then he's an extremely bad judge of talent.

No I wouldn't was totally devastated that Phil left us but hey ho I did say he was poor in a game which he was. 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Oh I wasn't suggesting that Nyambe was in any way as good as Jones.

My point was that Jal wrote off Phil Jones like he does with every single young player that comes through

Nyambe can't read the game can't head sticks his arse out cause he's brain dead, but hey ho, we've got loads of people at the club taking the pish out of the fan base and you seem to be another.

Scousers out !

3 minutes ago, JAL said:

Nyambe can't read the game can't head sticks his arse out cause he's brain dead, but hey ho, we've got loads of people at the club taking the pish out of the fan base and you seem to be another.

Scousers out !

I'm taking the piss out of the fan base because I don't label every young player we have rubbish?Yeah whatever

By no means am I saying Nyambe is brilliant,lots of things needed working on in his game but in my opinion he will carve out a decent career.He was comfortable in the championship,given more experience and some work on the positional side of his game I wouldn't rule out him becoming a premier league player.

Once again you bring scousers into it,you definitely have some sort of agenda

9 minutes ago, JAL said:

No I wouldn't was totally devastated that Phil left us but hey ho I did say he was poor in a game which he was. 

Jal I remember you saying at the time that Jones wouldn't make it.When he had Drogba in his back pocket was when you realised how foolish you had been.Hence my point you don't give a younger player a chance to establish themselves before you label them crap.Nyambe has been around a while now so if it your opinion that he is rubbish I can respect that even though I don't agree with it.

What got me into this conversation was you labelling Travis rubbish on the back of one game against Bury in a meaningless competition where nobody covered themselves in glory.You have also said that Rankin-Costello won't make it,you don't give them a chance

Just the conman at the club posting the title on the clubs website with the claim Nyambe is always improving ? eee...awwww !

A multi million pound move to Everton would be the best scenario for Nyambe, he gets to play at a higher and we benefit from the money plus an opportunity to find a proper full back that benefits the team.

Archived