BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Car parking at Ewood

Just a quick question, does anyone park at Ewood on a match day?

How quick is exit out of car parks F and B?  I realise it will depend on attendance but just a general vibe.

Depending on mood and who I'm with, I usually go to Branch Road or Albion Mills but  thinking of somewhere a lot closer to cut down on the walk for my mum.

I'll break my posting boycott to help on this.

I park on car park B at the Darwen End because I can't walk up to Branch Road either. At the end of the match the stewards close the gates when the final whistle blows and don't open them again until all the coaches are off the car park. This normally takes about 20 minutes. The cars are usually quite disciplined and it doesn't take too long after that. The main problem is the cost. It's £10 a time or £200 per season. I have to pay it though as it's the only way I can get there. If your mum has trouble walking it's probably worth it though. Car park F is very rough ground and cars aren't allowed off until the same time as car park B and being inside the fenced area I think your car is safer in B. If it's a very big gate like it was against Leeds last season the car park gets really full and it takes a lot longer then so it's as well to consider that.

I hope this helps..

Al's summary of car park B is very accurate. We used it last season as the walk from car park H had become too slow and painful for my son to make. This was one reason I was very unhappy at being kicked out of the JWL to make room for the half empty Family Stand. However Tom had a hip replacement this summer and I plan to return to car park H.

I'm told it will be possible to turn right on to the bus lane on matchdays. This coupled with the time it will take us to walk back to the car and the probable small crowds means we should have a reasonably clear run home.

While £200 is expensive I think it's a no brainer for anyone with mobility issues.

Cheers everyone.   Might out for car park B.   even if we have to wait a bit and then go back to Chorley before I had over the Pennines, might be worthwhile.

Al, I think you might sit quite close to me inn the JW Upper towards the Darwen End? 

If anyone struggles to afford car parking (to the point where it means they don't go to games) and has to park near the ground for health issues send me a DM. I have a car parking pass you can pick up which allows you to park inbetween the terraced houses on Bolton road and the Jack Walker stand. The closest I've ever been I was 28 steps from the players enterance. 

The only condition is that when Venkys sell up I want the pass back. 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

If anyone struggles to afford car parking (to the point where it means they don't go to games) and has to park near the ground for health issues send me a DM. I have a car parking pass you can pick up which allows you to park inbetween the terraced houses on Bolton road and the Jack Walker stand. The closest I've ever been I was 28 steps from the players enterance. 

The only condition is that when Venkys sell up I want the pass back. 

Gone. 

I have heard that the car parks behind the old Albion pub and near the gypsy site off Aqueduct Street won't be available this season. We have paid £100 per car for last season.

Something to do with the Council not getting enough money on match days.

Any news on this?

Archived