BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson retires.

• Backroom

Don't care that he 'played' for Burnley, personally.

He screwed them out of a wage for a while, and was one of our few players who backed the fans against Kean. Will always remember his thumbs up behind his back to fans chanting 'Kean Out', and ignoring Kean's encouragement not to thank the fans vs Wigan.

As a player, I think we had him just past his prime but I did like him. Nobody could've followed Friedel.

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Don't care that he 'played' for Burnley, personally.

He screwed them out of a wage for a while, and was one of our few players who backed the fans against Kean. Will always remember his thumbs up behind his back to fans chanting 'Kean Out', and ignoring Kean's encouragement not to thank the fans vs Wigan.

As a player, I think we had him just past his prime but I did like him. Nobody could've followed Friedel.

Good player for us, didn't mind him going to Burnley but I'll never forgive him for singing "Championies" when asked if his alliegance had changed, massive part of that promotion and premiership survival weren't you Robbo mate. :lol: 

Was good whilst he was here and I think it's fair to say the back problem played a part in taking the edge of his game. Shouldn't have been bombed out of Rovers and replaced by Steele that was a poor move by all concerned but it was probably finance driven partly.

Went the dark side and blotted his copybook with Rovers really but he's that type of guy, 100% for the club he's at and like I said Rovers bombed him out and I think that hurt him and Dingles and their wise gaffer spotted he still had something to offer and gave him a chance.

Happy retirement Robbo, well deserved.

His antics at Wigan away will live long in the memory, looking for signal to go forward for late min corner at 3-2 down and Kean ignores him so charges fwd anyway. Diving header amongst the boots, cut head and wins pen to make it 3 - 3 then barges past Kean again at the final whistle when he's trying to send the players off and take the applause himself mistakenly think the Rao brothers are still in the stadium :P

Highlighted 2 things really well that day, what a trooper Robinson was and what a scrote Kean was.

12 hours ago, Butty said:

Good player for us, didn't mind him going to Burnley but I'll never forgive him for singing "Championies" when asked if his alliegance had changed, massive part of that promotion and premiership survival weren't you Robbo mate. :lol: 

As he should have. I remember grant Hanley being asked if he'd ever join Burnley. Bet he would right now !

Archived