BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Fans Fantasy League

Just noticed the old thread has been bumped.

The Rovers Fans Fantasy League is back open (fantasy.premierleague.com). If you where in the league last year it has been renewed, if not join the league by entering code: 3064-154395.

The league will get closed at 9AM on the first day of the season to new entries. 

No prizes, no entrance fees, just respect if you win the league. No burnley players in your team.

Edited by J*B

• Moderation Lead

Oh well, it prompted me to make my team again! I was already in the league from last season, which is nice!

I'll have to make sure I don't have such a slow start this year.....

First time at having a go at this. Can someone give me an idiots guide to the  boost, 3x captain i assume is triple points but how many do you get . If a team plays on a Wednesday can you change it for that then back again on the Saturday. Sorry for my ignorance . Can u change your captain midweek and back Saturday.

Edited by Oldgregg86

45 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

First time at having a go at this. Can someone give me an idiots guide to the  boost, 3x captain i assume is triple points but how many do you get . If a team plays on a Wednesday can you change it for that then back again on the Saturday. Sorry for my ignorance . Can u change your captain midweek and back Saturday.

11 players, 1 sub keeper and 3 subs. Which ever 11 you pick are your starting eleven, if any don't play they're replaced by sub 1/2/3 in that order. Captain gets double points, if he doesn't play it goes to vice captain. Any formation is allowed and can be changed weekly at no cost. Usually the cut off (called the lock in) is 11am Saturday mornings - at this point your confirmed team is your team for that game week  

Treble captain is normal points trebled. 

You get 2 wild cards, 1 before Xmas and one after. They allow you to change your entire team at no cost. Usually transfers have -4 points - although you get 1 free transfer each week and that builds up e.g. If you don't use any for 4 weeks you get four free transfers. 

Bench boost means for that gameweek you get points from your entire squad (so 15 players). 

Theres a new feature... forgot its name, that allows you to make unlimited transfers for one week. After that week your team goes back to what it was previously. 

Game weeks are split up Saturday to Saturday - watch out for 'double gameweek (DGW)' usually around champions league time when the same team will play twice in one game week (Sunday & Wednesday, usually). You'll get points from 2 games that week for any players involved as opposed to one. This is where the new feature will come in, as some weeks only say 6 teams have games that week (due to CL) so you can pick just from those 6 teams. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

11 players, 1 sub keeper and 3 subs. Which ever 11 you pick are your starting eleven, if any don't play they're replaced by sub 1/2/3 in that order. Captain gets double points, if he doesn't play it goes to vice captain. Any formation is allowed and can be changed weekly at no cost. Usually the cut off (called the lock in) is 11am Saturday mornings - at this point your confirmed team is your team for that game week  

Treble captain is normal points trebled. 

You get 2 wild cards, 1 before Xmas and one after. They allow you to change your entire team at no cost. Usually transfers have -4 points - although you get 1 free transfer each week and that builds up e.g. If you don't use any for 4 weeks you get four free transfers. 

Bench boost means for that gameweek you get points from your entire squad (so 15 players). 

Theres a new feature... forgot its name, that allows you to make unlimited transfers for one week. After that week your team goes back to what it was previously. 

Game weeks are split up Saturday to Saturday - watch out for 'double gameweek (DGW)' usually around champions league time when the same team will play twice in one game week (Sunday & Wednesday, usually). You'll get points from 2 games that week for any players involved as opposed to one. This is where the new feature will come in, as some weeks only say 6 teams have games that week (due to CL) so you can pick just from those 6 teams. 

Thanks very helpful

• 4 months later...

Not happy with mine either. I know its hard to win these things but being in the top 25% alone (think I am or near enough) isn't good enough. I might change things too much though I remember selecting Bale having spotted his potential but removing him (rightly because he didn't improve immediately afterwards) as he started badly at Tottenham. So sometimes you can't wait for "good to come good" and have to get rid though good thing for Tottenham they didn't! I always thought they were right to keep him (when others called him a flop) removing someone from a fantasy team is hardly comparable lol. I also remember winning one of the Rovers Mad "head to head" leagues (not sure if they do those anymore) a few years back so I can do better. Used my wildcard also.

Goalkeepers (why do some people have a sub keeper who isn't the cheapest possible?) are so close together in points for most part so they are overrated. I started with Lloris but his points were not high enough to justify keeping him with cheaper keepers having similar or more points. The only players I've had from week 1 (with very brief transfers in some cases due to injuries, etc before being brought back) are Aguero, Kane, De Bruyne, D Silva and Myhill though he's just my cheap sub GK. Only transfer I made this week was Ryan (Brighton) for Mignolet as the latter surely has a much better chance of a clean sheet against boring West Brom (even minus Pulis still boring) than Brighton do against Tottenham.

Edited by Vinjay17

• 7 months later...