BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Noblot Fooked?

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Jason Lowe to sign in the next few days. Thread title a real premonition 

It would be interesting to see what his wages are. I have a few mates who are Wanderers fans, as I used to live in the town and my son, still does. I will have to let them know what they have got, if it does happen.

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

It would be interesting to see what his wages are. I have a few mates who are Wanderers fans, as I used to live in the town and my son, still does. I will have to let them know what they have got, if it does happen.

Less than half what he was on here. His contract was ludicrous and totally not represantive of his ability. 

39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Less than half what he was on here. His contract was ludicrous and totally not represantive of his ability. 

It was par for the course at the time, when the regime was handing out crazy deals. I was half tempted to dig my boots back out at age 45 back then and only ever played as an amateur. I am sure if Myles could do it, then so could I.

Think he was always going to end up at one of Notlob or PNE. Maybe Sheffield United at a push.

Doesn't strike me as the sort of player who'd end up in London or somewhere. He'll spend his career in the NorthWest.

Wonder how much Bolton are paying him though. They are skint so whatever he's getting its going to be quite some come down on what he's been on at Rovers for the last 5 years. Notlob are unlikely to even be able to compete with what we are paying out given their financial trouble so tends to suggest to me that either we didn't offer him a deal at all or that he's prepared to take less to stay in the Championship.

Think Pulis gave him a go purely for 'athletic' reasons. Pulis loves hardworking, committed athletes who work their socks off all week and it seems Lowe is one of those. A limited footballer but faultless attitude who will run all day for the team. Pulis probably heard about it from Coyle/Mowbray/Lambert and had a look.

17 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I reckon his trial at West Brom was just more agent peddling. Pulis was at SEM after all. Lowe's ability is beneath US, let alone a decent Prem club!

I've said this before, Jason Lowe would not stand out in a league two side. I am 100% sure of that. 

Archived