BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Moderation Lead

Well, that last thread didn't even last 4 days without being dominated by squabbling and trolling.

One day, we'll have a decent thread about transfers without some serial re-registering goon derailing the thread by constantly winding people up and other people squabbling about nothing. Take it to PM or ignore each other. (Either by scrolling right past the offending post or using the function, I don't care which).

• K-Hod pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corry Evans

Not a transfer as such obviously although he's got a lot of column inches in the Telerag recently for an injured player which leads to the question .. one to part with now midfield is strong again ?

Personally i'd like to see him retained, tidy player on his day and probably mid to lower champ standard when fully fit. Always felt he could offer more and this season he should be head and shoulders about a lot in league 1.

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Corry Evans

Not a transfer as such obviously although he's got a lot of column inches in the Telerag recently for an injured player which leads to the question .. one to part with now midfield is strong again ?

Personally i'd like to see him retained, tidy player on his day and probably mid to lower champ standard when fully fit. Always felt he could offer more and this season he should be head and shoulders about a lot in league 1.

Entirely depends on his fitness, for me. If we think that he's seen the worst of his injuries, then he should be a class above at this level.

Incidentally, I wasn't his biggest fan for long spells under Bowyer. Seemed to let matches just pass him by. That said, this season he's going to be playing alongside players who can actually pass a ball, and the last time he was in a team like that he got promoted to the Prem, so League One should be an absolute breeze!

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Corry Evans

Mowbray just said we need to manage his workload because of  injuries.   I don't see it as putting him in the shop window. If Mourinho said it about one of his players in an interview, people wouldn't be jumping on it saying the club wanted to sell him. 

Evans is an international footballer who has played at major competitions. If it wasn't for his injuries he would arguably be playing top half championship or higher. Having him fit for us would be huge. 

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The LT mentions we're in for Mavididi Men. The first match clip of him playing for Charlton shows he needs to work on his finishing:)

I just watched the first chance he "created", sign him up. Our 3 strikers would then be the experienced Graham, Samuel with some experience but raw with room to develop and this guy who looks going off the first clip to be potentially the greatest player ever. Apart from the finish! 

Nice balance there 

• Backroom

That lad looks to have skills and pace but no end product, said it in the last thread but I'd enquire about Joao he may be surplus to requirement at Wednesday 

59 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Entirely depends on his fitness, for me. If we think that he's seen the worst of his injuries, then he should be a class above at this level.

Incidentally, I wasn't his biggest fan for long spells under Bowyer. Seemed to let matches just pass him by. That said, this season he's going to be playing alongside players who can actually pass a ball, and the last time he was in a team like that he got promoted to the Prem, so League One should be an absolute breeze!

Agree, not always his biggest fan as i felt he was capable of a lot more but just chose to coast it although like you say he was often in a backs to the wall midfield due to tactics and personel around him.  Always a tidy player with the ball though just too defensive like the rest of em but there's a far better mix now.

Mowbray talking sense again about managing his injuries although i think that was already the case previously it just seemed to be more tailored for him to peak around Int fixtures so hopefully it's club first this time around. Like i said thrre are options now so if he appears to be hiding in a game or two approaching an International he can be hauled off.

51 minutes ago, Tom said:

That lad looks to have skills and pace but no end product, said it in the last thread but I'd enquire about Joao he may be surplus to requirement at Wednesday 

I liked the look of Joao his running would be a good foil.

As ever wages and loan fee sizeable would be the problem

33 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep and also his ego no doubt. The guy has a couple of Portugal caps - no chance of him dropping to League One IMO.

Probably so Gavlar. I remember his fellow countryman Jose Dominguez was a full international, but not sure he was when he played for Birmingham, when they were in the third tier in the mid 90's? I suppose if he is still in contact with TM and can be sold 'the dream', he may consider it. Of course, that's presuming TM would want and have a plan for him, given he wasn't his loan signing.

Evans will one of the top earners in the whole league next year (if not the highest). I don't think it's a wise use of the wages, although no one is going to buy him given his injury record.

16 minutes ago, StaffordRover said:

Probably so Gavlar. I remember his fellow countryman Jose Dominguez was a full international, but not sure he was when he played for Birmingham, when they were in the third tier in the mid 90's? I suppose if he is still in contact with TM and can be sold 'the dream', he may consider it. Of course, that's presuming TM would want and have a plan for him, given he wasn't his loan signing.

Peter Ndlovu- Zimbabwe legend

7 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Peter Ndlovu- Zimbabwe legend

Not many of them. Can probably count them all on one hand. I once read that he and his brother Adam (who knew) were probably the most famous sporting brothers in Zimbabwe. Not sure who wrote the article, but probably a biased football journalist given they managed to overlook the respective achievements of the Flower and Black brothers. 

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

just got 1-3 from ladbrokes that this thread wont go 3 pages without a argument.

Paddy Power have stopped taking bets on it mate, lucky you!

4 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

just got 1-3 from ladbrokes that this thread wont go 3 pages without a argument.

No you didn't you liar!! Stop talking crap like always, I only got 2-1 so you opinion doesn't mean anything :lol:

Archived