Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Backroom

Argh Pete O'Rourke who has been as acurate as anyone says QPR after Bennett

Sorry lads he's a £5m player in today's silly world

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heart says that the players are gelling and will want to stick together with the thought of beating all comers this season.

Head says agents - and most players - are heartless barstewards who care about money.

Let's hope that we don't see and exodus of Graham, Bennett, Lenihan and Evans leave and take away the feelgood. Ironically if Evans has had a knock that could keep him here and not playing.

Could be a few of their agents angling for new contracts if they think there is a few quid swirling around. Seems to happen every time Rovers spend a bit every player is linked with leaving.

Then again ... ....

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Heart says that the players are gelling and will want to stick together with the thought of beating all comers this season.

Head says agents - and most players - are heartless barstewards who care about money.

Let's hope that we don't see and exodus of Graham, Bennett, Lenihan and Evans leave and take away the feelgood. Ironically if Evans has had a knock that could keep him here and not playing.

Ive got a jar of nescafe here if you need it fella.

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

No need for that, I was only linking the story.

He's only got a year left so not sure if we'd get £5m;) I'd keep him, good player.

There lays the base of the story. 1 year left = new deal negotiations and agent mischief making.

Foden from Man city very highly rated 17 year old stole the show in their friendly with UTD...plays the silva role or on the left hold him in high regard maybe we should try getting him on loan end of window as he will be still close to manchester and we will get a highly rated talent

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/21/por-qpr-target-blackburn-midfielder-bennett/

Not sure how reputable HITC is but they've linked Bennett linked with QPR

Only potential saving grace with Bennett is that he seems to have got family settled, renovated his house ect. Hopefully he see's it as only one season in a lower division and not worth the move. Or is that too optimistic?  ;)

8 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

Foden from Man city very highly rated 17 year old stole the show in their friendly with UTD...plays the silva role or on the left hold him in high regard maybe we should try getting him on loan end of window as he will be still close to manchester and we will get a highly rated talent

Byrne and Samuelsen were highly rated! Would rather we loaned somebody with a bit of experience. City Will want him to be starting most games and with the current squad I don't see that happening. 

1 hour ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Byrne and Samuelsen were highly rated! Would rather we loaned somebody with a bit of experience. City Will want him to be starting most games and with the current squad I don't see that happening. 

Not always the case. Would you really want your highly rated youngster starting 'most' games in a long hard season in the rough and tumble of League 1? Only 17 years old. I wouldn't. Just being part of the first team squad, getting a few starts here and there and coming off the bench might be enough in their eyes.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just played 62 mins tonight for Us 

So much for bid accepted

That has no relevance. Bid accepted doesnt mean he would have been off straight away..its more than likely bullshit anyway.

6 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Getting Nyambe signed up to a long term contract is another excellent piece of business by the club.  

How much is he on for this good piece of business parsons ?

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

That has no relevance. Bid accepted doesnt mean he would have been off straight away..its more than likely bullshit anyway.

Of course it does.

Theres no way he would have played in a pre season game for us if we'd accepted a bid.

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Of course it does.

Theres no way he would have played in a pre season game for us if we'd accepted a bid.

It's a good indicator you get mummified in cotton wool when a bid has been accepted they wouldn't unlikely to jeopardise a medical.

42 minutes ago, JAL said:

Whatever it is he is worth every penny.  Excellent business signing up our lads from the Academy on long contracts after they have proved - as Ryan did last season - that they have great potential.

33 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Whatever it is he is worth every penny.  Excellent business signing up our lads from the Academy on long contracts after they have proved - as Ryan did last season - that they have great potential.

That's a bit naive. So if he has been given a 50k per week deal (I know he hasn't, just an example), that would still be worth every penny? There is a point at which a contract becomes bad business. Hopefully Ryan's deal is nowhere near that point.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

That's a bit naive. So if he has been given a 50k per week deal (I know he hasn't, just an example), that would still be worth every penny? There is a point at which a contract becomes bad business. Hopefully Ryan's deal is nowhere near that point.

I think, as we showed with Mahoney, that deals seem to be far more realistic now.  I'm delighted that a young success story from the Academy wants to tie his long-term future to the club.  Seems he is impressed by the manager and what he can learn from him which is the right attitude for a young professional just starting out.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Getting Nyambe signed up to a long term contract is another excellent piece of business by the club.  

Looking like Mowbray has a plan and is being given some latitude/budget to carry it out - albeit against a backdrop of staff cutbacks.

I say "looking like" because experience of Venkys is that we need to wait until the transfer window shuts before extolling the 'business by the club'.

8 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I think, as we showed with Mahoney, that deals seem to be far more realistic now.  I'm delighted that a young success story from the Academy wants to tie his long-term future to the club.  Seems he is impressed by the manager and what he can learn from him which is the right attitude for a young professional just starting out.

And it appears that Mowbray is impressed by Nyambe too  hence the new deal. And his salary would have to fall within the playing budget.

couldn't agree more tbh. good business

1 hour ago, JAL said:

That's down to the club and Mowbray to sort not for me. I have trust and faith in Mowbray

yes he is. had a good season last season and hopefully will kick on this coming season.

would now like to see Wharton, Tomlinson and Fisher signed up to new longer contracts

So... Caddis makes the perm signings 6 , and if we are correct that means just 2 more coming in on loan only , as the squad stands I thinks we need another striker , somebody who offers something different to what Graham Samuel and Dack (yes I know he's not a striker in the traditional sense) brings maybe a player with a big physical presence , like a Matt Smith type , then I would love to see a good old fashioned left winger , a natural left footer to play out wide , for me he doesn't have to be lightening quick but someone with good delivery who can operate in a 4-4-2 formation should that be required

Archived