BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I am saying he is no better than tomlinson and not in the same class as evans.   He's just ok.  I expect him to be on the bench if we are at full strength as of today.

However, Evans will probably go and we are left with an ok replacement.  

Better than Guthrie or Lowe?

Ill be honest I wasn't impressed with his signing 

21 minutes ago, JAL said:

Another Simon Conning signing is he the boss ?

Good luck to the lad !

Good luck to him but unable to hack Scottish league one and championship doesn't bode well. A few goals in kiddy games isn't the best indicator neither.

Sceptical about this one

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

under Mowbray in pre season we have played 4-2-3-1 and 3-4-2-1 formations. we haven't played 4-4-2 at all from my knowledge.

from the Morecambe cos that the only one Ive seen live. we played 4-2-3-1 formation

Gladwin played from the left and Bennett played from the right and Dack in the 10 role but all 3 players roamed from their positions and come deep sometimes and look to run in behind their defence. Gladwin sometimes went wide and either look to take their full back on down the line and other times look to pass inside and one occasion he cut in and shot which their keeper saved. Williams and Caddis provided the width. Whittingham and Smallwood played the 2 man centre midfield role and they did very well in their role.

The 3-4-2-1 formation is I think what we will see most of the time. Mowbray likes the wingback system and I think we are set up for this with our signings. Key for me is if Bennett and Conway can play either wing back spot in this system.

Starting team in this system:

Raya

----Nyambe Mulgrew Lenihan--

Bennett----------------Conway

-----Evans---Whittingham-----

----Dack---------------Gladwin

------------Graham-------------

Bench

GK

Wharton

Ward

Caddis

Doyle

Smallwood

Tomlinson

Feeney

Samuel

Nuttall

Rankin-Costello

Hell of a team

12 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Good luck to him but unable to hack Scottish league one and championship doesn't bode well. A few goals in kiddy games isn't the best indicator neither.

Sceptical about this one

It's a one year deal and he'll probably begin with the under 23s. Don't see what's to be sceptical about. Good luck to the kid.

58 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

We haven't really had chance to seeing as we've only had 1 proper striker all pre-season.

fair comment but we only have 2 pre season games left so I believe Mowbray will play the 2 formations Ive mention before in most games

54 minutes ago, JAL said:

If you insist then why is it a secret what Simon Connings player Nyambe is on after what with Simon did to our club over with likes of dollopers Varney and Orr to name just two of many.

No need blaming the manager if the manager is in with the agents.

What was our lad Connor offered.... £1800 per week.

is it secret?

if you care so much then go and find the out instead of expecting the rest of the messageboard to do what you want to know?

Mahoney has moved on now. good luck to the lad in the Bournemouth under 23's squad. what a waste of a talent

50 minutes ago, JAL said:

Are you saying Smallwood is shyte ?

no he is not. you are another one who passing judgement on players you don't seen and judge a player on who he is agent is?

I don't believe Mowbray would sign a player just because of his agent or who it is. if you do fine but you are wrong

29 minutes ago, JAL said:

Another Simon Conning signing is he the boss ?

Good luck to the lad !

Is Conning Nuttall's agent?

have you seen him play?

23 minutes ago, bazza said:

I don't know the chap. Never seen him play. Heard bits and bobs about him.

But, somehow, I'm delighted by this signing. The more this summer goes on, the more I have every confidence in Tony Mowbray.

Something has changed at the Rovers. I've never had such elation during the close season for many, many years.

I just cannot wait for this season to start.

Let's just hope our owners allow it to continue. Fingers crossed.

Its seems like the owners have full faith in Mowbray and just letting him get on with the job and not getting involvement.

I cant wait for the season to start now

9 minutes ago, des said:

could it be true that there are footballing plans at rovers at last

its deffo looking that way and Mowbray seems to be in full  control of footballing matters. I'm pleased that Mowbray has this control.

7 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Better than Guthrie or Lowe?

Ill be honest I wasn't impressed with his signing 

better than both. Suggest you go and watch him. Also have look at other people opinions about him like ParsonBlue or etc. who have attend games that he played

You can tackle, pass, positional sense good and him and Whittingham are a good partnership in centre midfield.

6 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Sceptical about this one

Suggest you go and watch him before passing these sort of judgement about a player you haven't seen.

some people are so judgemental about players they have never seen its so annoyed. lets just be negative all the time

maybe playing with better players brings the best out of him?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

fair comment but we only have 2 pre season games left so I believe Mowbray will play the 2 formations Ive mention before in most games

is it secret?

if you care so much then go and find the out instead of expecting the rest of the messageboard to do what you want to know?

Mahoney has moved on now. good luck to the lad in the Bournemouth under 23's squad. what a waste of a talent

no he is not. you are another one who passing judgement on players you don't seen and judge a player on who he is agent is?

I don't believe Mowbray would sign a player just because of his agent or who it is. if you do fine but you are wrong

have you seen him play?

Its seems like the owners have full faith in Mowbray and just letting him get on with the job and not getting involvement.

its deffo looking that way and Mowbray seems to be in full  control of footballing matters. I'm pleased that Mowbray has this control.

better than both. Suggest you go and watch him. Also have look at other people opinions about him like ParsonBlue or etc. who have attend games that he played

You can tackle, pass, positional sense good and him and Whittingham are a good partnership in centre midfield.

Suggest you go and watch him before passing these sort of judgement about a player you haven't seen.

some people are so judgemental about players they have never seen its so annoyed. lets just be negative all the time

Chaddy given how besotted you usually become with the latest arrivals of Rovers I'm not entirely sure it's wise with your "Go and watch" jibes. 

You can't argue that on competitive stats he looks like a poor signing, again.

6 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

The 3-4-2-1 formation is I think what we will see most of the time. Mowbray likes the wingback system and I think we are set up for this with our signings. Key for me is if Bennett and Conway can play either wing back spot in this system.

Raya

Hell of a team

I will have to disagree there.

I think Mowbray will use both systems to be fair

4-2-3-1

Raya; Nyambe Lenihan, Mulgrew, Williams; Smallwood, Whittingham; Bennett, Dack, Gladwin; Graham or Samuel.

3-4-2-1

Raya; Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew; Caddis, Smallwood, Whittingham, Williams; Bennett; Dack; Samuel or Graham

I am very pleased that we finally have a proper manager who has a plan of how he wants to play and 2 different formations and worked on them

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Chaddy given how besotted you usually become with the latest arrivals of Rovers I'm not entirely sure it's wise with your "Go and watch" jibes. 

You can't argue that on competitive stats he looks like a poor signing, again.

for Nuttall or Smallwood?

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

is it secret?

have you seen him play?

For someone who did not want Mowbray has manager your  waxing lyrical about him is OTT remember he took us down 

1 minute ago, Athlete said:

For someone who did not want Mowbray has manager your  waxing lyrical about him is OTT remember he took us down 

Saying Mowbray took us down is OTT. The dirty work was done way before he arrived.

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

He seems to have something about him. Maybe loaning him might be a decent idea at first, although he might have to be our 4th choice striker.

Was thinking the same. Even loan him out until Christmas as it's important he plays every week. Haven't seen him in the flesh but would imagine he'd be behind Samuel 

Just now, Torgeir said:

Saying Mowbray took us down is OTT. The dirty work was done way before he arrived.

He came in we were 22nd and ended up 22nd.. Two goals we went down with... If he hadn't been so negative we'd of stayed up 

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will have to disagree there.

I think Mowbray will use both systems to be fair

4-2-3-1

Raya; Nyambe Lenihan, Mulgrew, Williams; Smallwood, Whittingham; Bennett, Dack, Gladwin; Graham or Samuel.

3-4-2-1

Raya; Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew; Caddis, Smallwood, Whittingham, Williams; Bennett; Dack; Samuel or Graham

I am very pleased that we finally have a proper manager who has a plan of how he wants to play and 2 different formations and worked on them

No room for Evans or do you think he goes?

nuttall only a young lad. Went to a good school at city. Didn't find the right job in Scotland first time out. Sounds like most of us unless your lucky but it's what you learn from that. 5 goals and trying hard that  should be good enough. 

2nd time you have stated this incorrectly. We were 23rd when he arrived. He failed to keep us up but so would most others in the mess we were in. What was the points difference from safety when he joined compared to the end of the season. 5/6 points? 

27 minutes ago, Athlete said:

He came in we were 22nd and ended up 22nd.. Two goals we went down with... If he hadn't been so negative we'd of stayed up 

16 minutes ago, robbojohnno said:

2nd time you have stated this incorrectly. We were 23rd when he arrived. He failed to keep us up but so would most others in the mess we were in. What was the points difference from safety when he joined compared to the end of the season. 5/6 points? 

Nigel Clough got the same number of points with a lesser squad and to play rovers during a hard run in too, let's not kid ourselves as much as TM seems a great lad and feel good about him there is a lot to prove. 

Those besotted are quite frankly mad plenty to prove yet. As opposed to sound bites il judge the bloke on the pitch and the minimum I expect is top 2.

9 minutes ago, robbojohnno said:

We were bottom three ended up bottom three is that better for you ?? 

His tactics took us down end of 

What is doing my head in is the over positiveness.. It won't be a walk in the park next season we're going to be the biggest scalp league ones seen..Mowbrays last league one campaign wasn't exactly fantastic..  Let's just keep our fingers crossed and see if we can get off to a flyer couple of banana skins early doors 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

under Mowbray in pre season we have played 4-2-3-1 and 3-4-2-1 formations. we haven't played 4-4-2 at all from my knowledge.

from the Morecambe cos that the only one Ive seen live. we played 4-2-3-1 formation

Gladwin played from the left and Bennett played from the right and Dack in the 10 role but all 3 players roamed from their positions and come deep sometimes and look to run in behind their defence. Gladwin sometimes went wide and either look to take their full back on down the line and other times look to pass inside and one occasion he cut in and shot which their keeper saved. Williams and Caddis provided the width. Whittingham and Smallwood played the 2 man centre midfield role and they did very well in their role.

Is the 1, superman or is Mowbray playing for the defeat or a draw at the very best ?

4 minutes ago, JAL said:

Is the 1, superman or is Mowbray playing for the defeat or a draw at the very best ?

makes no sense as per usual with your posts obsessing over simon Conning.

1 is the striker whoever Mowbray selected as striker whether its Graham or Samuel

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

makes no sense as per usual with your posts obsessing over simon Conning.

1 is the striker whoever Mowbray selected as striker whether its Graham or Samuel

Chaddy was talking about your formations mate nothing to do with Simon absolutely nothing. 

On another reply of yours I, asked did the forwards receive forward passes into their feet for a goalscoring opportunity from Smallwood.

Both you and Parsonsblue have been unable to confirm this in your replies.

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Raya

Bench

GK

Wharton

Ward

Caddis

Doyle

Smallwood

Tomlinson

Feeney

Samuel

Nuttall

Rankin-Costello

Hell of a team

Poor Williams didn't even make the bench ?

Archived