BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I am saying he is no better than tomlinson and not in the same class as evans.   He's just ok.  I expect him to be on the bench if we are at full strength as of today.

However, Evans will probably go and we are left with an ok replacement.  

I rate Tomlinson but to say Smallwood is no better than him is ridiculous. Tomlinson has looked good in a couple of friendlies which aren't exactly a true reflection of a league one match away at Plymouth on a Tuesday night. Smallwood has been promoted from this division and has played in the championship. Tomlinson has played about 20 minutes of first team football. Can't really compare the two Sparks!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Athlete said:

We were bottom three ended up bottom three is that better for you ?? 

His tactics took us down end of 

What is doing my head in is the over positiveness.. It won't be a walk in the park next season we're going to be the biggest scalp league ones seen..Mowbrays last league one campaign wasn't exactly fantastic..  Let's just keep our fingers crossed and see if we can get off to a flyer couple of banana skins early doors 

Your point is valid, we went down and I don't think this season will be a walk in the park either. However Mowbray averaged enough points that would have given a mid-table finish over a whole season. At least he is a proper manager unlike Coyle. I for one was afraid the club would be decimated by relegation, but Mowbray was kept and given control resulting in an Improved squad and potential better future.

I think we will run away with League 1.  Bottom line is League 1 is crap.  TM is a half decent manager with enough nous to take us back up at the first time of asking providing we lose no more than two of Raya, Mulgrew, Lenihan and Graham.

Interesting times ahead for Lancashire football...........................

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think we will run away with League 1.  Bottom line is League 1 is crap.  TM is a half decent manager with enough nous to take us back up at the first time of asking providing we lose no more than two of Raya, Mulgrew, Lenihan and Graham.

Oh for FFS !!! :o

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Oh for FFS !!! :o

Been with two friends who are Bolton supporters today.  Their view is League 1 is crap based upon the 30+ matches they watched Bolton in last season.  We talked about the different set-up, squads etc and it seems we are streets ahead of where Bolton were this time last season.  Feeling even more confident providing we keep at least two of our 'big four'. 

Also think there are interesting times ahead for at least one of our Lancashire neighbours in the coming weeks.

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Staying up all night waiting for Jim to read this. 

• Backroom

Can't help think sometimes folk enjoy setting us up to fail - it's exactly what Andy Cryer does so he can stick the knife in 

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Been with two friends who are Bolton supporters today.  Their view is League 1 is crap based upon the 30+ matches they watched Bolton in last season.  We talked about the different set-up, squads etc and it seems we are streets ahead of where Bolton were this time last season.  Feeling even more confident providing we keep at least two of our 'big four'. 

Also think there are interesting times ahead for at least one of our Lancashire neighbours in the coming weeks.

Understand what your saying and I was amazed Bolton did as well as they did but it only needs 2 teams to do slightly better than you and it's the dreaded play off where anything can happen.  I couldn't see us walking it without the quality of Mulgrew & Graham unless very good replacements are brought in because most of the rest of our squad is either league 1 standard or young, they still should be decent enough but there's no guarantees.

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Can't help think sometimes folk enjoy setting us up to fail 

Hope that's not aimed at me.

My 'Bolton' friends were a bit like many on here at the beginning of last season and feared a season of mediocrity at best.  However, Parkinson is a solid football bloke, like Mowbray, and they were pleasantly surprised how relatively 'easy' Bolton found it.  They think we are in better shape than Bolton were, and so do I, therefore I think we have grounds for optimism. 

• Backroom

I'm nervous Mercer, daren't get hopes up till we get started and see how ugly it is, a rocky start could have everyone on edge. 

Few wins on the bounce and we could be flying though.

its far from a sure thing

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

My 'Bolton' friends were a bit like many on here at the beginning of last season and feared a season of mediocrity at best.  However, Parkinson is a solid football bloke, like Mowbray, and they were pleasantly surprised how relatively 'easy' Bolton found it.  They think we are in better shape than Bolton were, and so do I, therefore I think we have grounds for optimism. 

Until the outgoings have gone, who knows.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Until the outgoings have gone, who knows.

Nobody does know for sure but let's worry about that when if/it happens. Pointless worrying now or even speculating. In TM I trust that all the decisions whether right or wrong it will be done sincerely & for the betterment of the club. I've been hugely impressed with most things he's done so far & I can only see a positive future ahead with this guy onboard.

22 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Nobody does know for sure but let's worry about that when if/it happens. Pointless worrying now or even speculating. In TM I trust that all the decisions whether right or wrong it will be done sincerely & for the betterment of the club. I've been hugely impressed with most things he's done so far & I can only see a positive future ahead with this guy onboard.

Exactly

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I'm nervous Mercer, daren't get hopes up till we get started and see how ugly it is, a rocky start could have everyone on edge. 

Few wins on the bounce and we could be flying though.

its far from a sure thing

Think a lot feel like this, 5+ years of pain etc.

I know Bradford and Bury season ticket holders and they know the league they look at our squad before our additions and said we'd walk it, since then we've added a midfield of experience and quality at this level (which had been missing for a couple of seasons) , they are both expecting a cricket score for us when we play when now.  I remain sceptical but keep everyone we have and have a good start then I will believe.

7 hours ago, Bluebarley said:

But it is ok to speculate positively.

FWIW I pretty much agree regarding TM and his attitude and intentions and think he's a decent manager. However he showed he is not flawless last season so unbridled optimism perhaps is pushing it.

As for only good things - remember who owns us. Sorry to bring them up again but I'm not sure how people can only see good things when we've walking disasters for owners. It's very much within the realms of possibility and past form to undermine TM or even annoy him to the point of him leaving.

I hope they leave him to get on with things. If they do and we stay relatively injury free we should do well. However it's far from a certainty that they won't throw a spanner in the works.

8 hours ago, JAL said:

Chaddy was talking about your formations mate nothing to do with Simon absolutely nothing. 

On another reply of yours I, asked did the forwards receive forward passes into their feet for a goalscoring opportunity from Smallwood.

Both you and Parsonsblue have been unable to confirm this in your replies.

If you went to the matches you'd know.  

8 hours ago, Bluebarley said:

I agree with alot of that but as much as I hate to go over old ground it's ultimately venkys who have the final say. As much as we all love and respect TM whilst they are here he will always have one hand tied behind his back and the potential of, shall we say unrest to keep the thread on topic

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

I honestly thought you'd learned your lesson!

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

But will you leave the board forever if we don't............? :P

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

If you went to the matches you'd know.  

I'm relying on you parsons im afraid hopefully I'll get to a few though don't where and when let'shope the winning habit continues through the season.

So they are saying Mulgrew linked to Shef Weds,don't know if true,but always said he won't be with us at start of season,nothing to do with Venkys or Mowbray,he's always said he dosent want to play in league 1,Mowbray knows that and I don't think they will stand in his way,bit different with Lenihan,if nobody comes up with 5/6 million he won't go,as long as he gets decent replacement we'll be ok,has Spearing signed anywhere yet,be perfect for this league.

Archived