BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray on Samuel, the squad and future transfers in.

"I think the team’s coming together, but I do feel to finish it off we need some speed and some athleticism at the top end of the pitch, which will hurt and damage the opposition at times. Dominic is a part of that and hopefully we’ll add some more as we go along.”

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/july/a-player-with-plenty-of-promise/

Glad he recognises we need pace in the side - more importantly in an attacking sense.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

And others will be on reduced terms having had wage cuts included into the contract should relegation occur.

Which is possibly why everyday every other player of ours gets linked with someone supposedly after them, how many get linked with Sheff Weds because they are known to have a few quid ?

Maybe the agents of one or two trying to get their wages put back up at Ewood,

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

These agent planted stories do make me laugh, aye he 'stood out' all right.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/21/fulham-should-move-for-blackburn-keeper-jason-steele-ideal-repla/

If Button does leave for pastures new, Marcus Bettinelli will need competition for the number one jersey. Fulham would be wise to make Blackburn's Jason Steele a target.

The 26-year-old was a stand-out performer for Rovers last season but was powerless to save his side from relegation to League One. It is highly unlikely that he will be playing in England's third-tier for long, if at all...

Whilst Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray will be looking to keep his best players, it is likely that he would be unable to convince Steele to ply his trade in League One, especially if a Championship club comes knocking at the door.

Possibly the worst article I've ever read, just one big lie.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Which is possibly why everyday every other player of ours gets linked with someone supposedly after them, how many get linked with Sheff Weds because they are known to have a few quid ?

Maybe the agents of one or two trying to get their wages put back up at Ewood,

Would be interesting to know more about what exactly these reductions are exactly but i'm pretty sure someone on here said Graham was cut 25%.

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Would be interesting to know more about what exactly these reductions are exactly but i'm pretty sure someone on here said Graham was cut 25%.

There must be a reduction of some sort it seems to happen at most clubs and it's probably more to do with all this 'I don't want to play in league 1' than actually playing in league 1.

Also a crafty way to edge bigger earners through the door but I suppose you could promise them back pay as a bonus for promotion.  Worked at Bolton.

28 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Chaddy, point scoring as usual. After the last 7 years, its understandable that many of us will be very skeptical of our owners - can you not understand that? We have all said that we're impressed with how things are going at the moment and are optimistic of a good season if we can hold onto our key players. However, with these sheisters in charge, you never know what they're going to do next.

Anyhow, lets just see where we stand when the window shuts - still plenty of time for them to cash in. 

No point scoring at all. Just FACTS!

Yes I can totally accept and somewhat agree at being skeptical about the owners and the past 7 years. But I feel this summer is very different to the others. I have given loads of reasons over the past 2 weeks. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No point scoring at all. Just FACTS!

Yes I can totally accept and somewhat agree at being skeptical about the owners and the past 7 years. But I feel this summer is very different to the others. I have given loads of reasons over the past 2 weeks. 

Give over - you're always point scoring. As for FACTS - the last seven years are facts as well.

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sunderland-edging-closer-to-deal-for-impressive-26-year-old-goalkeeper/

Article on Nixon article on Steele to Sunderland. I'm looking for a follow-up article on the above article about Nixon's article before I can decide if it has merit.

One outgoing I would welcome.

I can do point scoring too - What were your feelings on Steele when we signed him Chaddy?

Just now, JacknOry said:

£500k seems a bit cheap for a lad not yet in his prime, especially given the ludicrous fees being paid at the moment. S'land will be flush with parachute money.

Steele's not as bad as he's made out and still has the potential to get better and cut out the mistakes that let him down. 

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I can do point scoring too - What were your feelings on Steele when we signed him Chaddy?

I thought he was an improve on Robinson due to his clear weaknesses which I highlight on here. 

But Steele has gone backwards in the past 18 months. His kicking is still awful. 

Time to get rid for me. 500k is a good deal for him. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I thought he was an improve on Robinson due to his clear weaknesses which I highlight on here. 

But Steele has gone backwards in the past 18 months. His kicking is still awful. 

Time to get rid for me. 500k is a good deal for him. 

So you were wrong then. He wasn't an improvement and has been one of the worst keepers i have seen at the club since being a fan. People can be wrong, highlighting it is just point scoring, much like you did earlier.  Cut it out, its not an attractive trait.

I see Rickie lambert is still without a club. Wouldn't surprise me if we got linked again he's obviously biding his time assessing the offers he has received & will eventually sign for someone. I think TM has already said he wasn't a name on the radar though won't stop people journos suggesting.

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So you were wrong then. He wasn't an improvement and has been one of the worst keepers i have seen at the club since being a fan. People can be wrong, highlighting it is just point scoring, much like you did earlier.  Cut it out, its not an attractive trait.

And who you make in charge? 

Was an improvement at start but last 18 months been awful. 

Worst keeper ive seen was Alan Fettis Rovers wise. Plus always thought David James were awful keeper

I think Stuart's point is expect the net spend this summer to end up being negative.

I'll be delighted if it's not but I can't help feeling players will be sold to ensure we bring in more than we spend. I think Mowbray biggest trick here is convincing Venkys to spend money he hasn't brought in yet.

However I expect two of Mulgrew, Evans and Lenihan to be sold by the close of the window. £500k for Steele would be a huge result.

Now being realistic, and looking at the squad position Mowbray found himself in, this may well be strategicallly the right move. The annoying thing is it should have happened with the Rhodes money.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And who you make in charge? 

Was an improvement at start but last 18 months been awful. 

Worst keeper ive seen was Alan Fettis Rovers wise. Plus always thought David James were awful keeper

Just advice, carry on how you usually act if you like, but dont cry the victim when you get peoples backs up.

Disagree he was an improvement at start. His kicking was awful throughout, it didn't just get gradually worse and he always had a clanger in him.. Was 3rd choice keeper at Boro when we took him, Robbo went on to become a number 2 in the prem and even played in the prem.

That's why i said 'one of the worst keepers' - Fettis runs him very close.

3 hours ago, 47er said:

I honestly thought you'd learned your lesson!

Although TM did relatively well in his 15 games, we SHOULD have stayed up - we can all recall the matches where we squandered points in the dying moments.  I was confident right up to the last match that we would pull it off.  Okay, I was wrong but don't see how learning a lesson comes into it. 

4 hours ago, Batman. said:

We'll go down again. The club is absolutely rotten to the core, and whilst the fact remains, there will never be success in the pitch.

I think something dramatic will have to happen for us to go down again this season.

33 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Steele's not as bad as he's made out and still has the potential to get better and cut out the mistakes that let him down. 

He definitely is. He as zero redeeming qualities and is the worst keeper (not just no. 1) I've ever seen at Rovers. Poor shot stopper, can't command his area, and woeful distribution. £500k is a lot of money in League 1, get rid!

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think something dramatic will have to happen for us to go down again this season.

Like having the worst owners in English football making the decisions? Or a manager who last time was placed in a similar situation, led his team to the summit of the table? Or having a bloke who predicts everything wrongly suggesting that we'll run away with the league?

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Although TM did relatively well in his 15 games, we SHOULD have stayed up - we can all recall the matches where we squandered points in the dying moments.  I was confident right up to the last match that we would pull it off.  Okay, I was wrong but don't see how learning a lesson comes into it. 

Blaming TM for your failure? A bit pathetic really.

TM is the one who gave us a chance up to the last game so enabling you to continue on with winding up a large % of this MB with your OTT predictions.

12 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

He definitely is. He as zero redeeming qualities and is the worst keeper (not just no. 1) I've ever seen at Rovers. Poor shot stopper, can't command his area, and woeful distribution. £500k is a lot of money in League 1, get rid!

We'll see where he ends up. If it's in a higher league, bought by someone who knows his stuff then maybe, just maybe. you might be wrong.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Blaming TM for your failure? A bit pathetic really.

TM is the one who gave us a chance up to the last game so enabling you to continue on with winding up a large % of this MB with your OTT predictions.

My failure !?!?

It's laughable - as it would be if all the pollsters / newspaper editors blamed Corbyn for Conservatives not achieving a majority of at least 70 seats which blew their forecasts out of the water and they were still predicting a large Conservative majority up until the polls closed! 

How can a personal opinion about the outcome of a match / season wind up a large % of this MB ?   If it does, they need to seek solitude on a desert island.

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

He was cursed by having to call on the likes of Wes Brown to patch up a relegation fighting defence. Legacy of Mr Clownpants esqe.   Defensive reinforcements in Jan would've given us a fighting chance but Coyle, Cheston, Senior & Venkys don't know their arse from their elbow.

That's what he was left with i'm sure if he'd come in earlier he'd have addressed that.

Archived