BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But if Mowbray says he going nowhere then he aint going anywhere.

Has Mowbray actually said that? Closest I can find is: “There’s a few people looking at our players at the moment and thinking we are vulnerable, but my message is loud and clear, we are not vulnerable financially.”

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Phil T said:

Has Mowbray actually said that? Closest I can find is: “There’s a few people looking at our players at the moment and thinking we are vulnerable, but my message is loud and clear, we are not vulnerable financially.”

That comment comes from poster who said he got that from Wharton. 

Crikey, I actually don't know if he ever had a game that bad for Rovers!

Looking at all those goals, even the penalty where he does that stupid wobble thing and looks an arse when he fully commits to the wrong way, it's just proof of what a bad keeper he is.

I actually feel sorry for him. He seemed to have everything going for him as a young keeper at one point. I suppose that's England's loss, ultimately. And Sunderland's. :lol:

35 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Well, according to Sky an offer came in. All we really know is that Mowbray has said he doesn't need or want to sell them.

A poster on the LT today said a few scouts were watching Danny Graham last night.

Unless any of them ask to leave I think we'll keep them. Once they kick up a fuss it's all over and time to get rid.

Which is a likely outcome & will leave us in another fine mess.

We're obviously still short on numbers as it is, & signing decent players who are as good as the ones who leave is (as we well know) not easy.

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But if Mowbray says he going nowhere then he aint going anywhere. 

The 200k offer was a joke. 

And you know this how? We were told shearer was going nowhere..rhodes.and on and on...

11 minutes ago, roverandout said:

And you know this how? We were told shearer was going nowhere..rhodes.and on and on...

See above. An internet person put it on the internet, because he was allegedly told by an insignificant player at the club.

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

I'd be amazed if Mulgrew is happy to play in League One, being an international. The writing is already on the wall with Mulgrew, now that a better team wants him. They'll be back with a better offer.

I'd place your faith in simple facts, rather than hearsay, @chaddyrovers.

The facts are Mowbray said we don't have to sell. You saying he will leave is hearsay. 

What is quite telling about the Steele departure is that Mowbray knew him well from his Boro days.

According to TM, we didn't have to sell, I don't know what the goalkeeper situation was at Boro back then but I'm guessing TM rated him. 

Perhaps Mowbray was expecting Steele to have improved much more than he has since then or maybe he's just got worse. 

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The facts are Mowbray said we don't have to sell. You saying he will leave is hearsay. 

An opinion isn't hearsay. It's just my opinion based on factual events. I haven't based my opinion on any hearsay, unlike some that do that all the time on here.

Mowbray saying we don't have to sell is a factual statement, but it hardly rules out sales. I know he'd prefer to not sell certain players, as he's already stated, but he's certainly not ruled it out, because that would be foolish.

If a player has his head turned, especially if a club in a better position has put bids in, he'll likely go. History tells us that! I'd just suggest that people remember the real world of football, rather than believing that Mowbray has the power to prevent reality from happening. We'll only be disappointed. Get yourself disappointed now to save greater disappointment later. ;)

58 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray has said we don't to sell and any player leaving will be his choice.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Rovers interest in Bogle at Wigan

if we can get him then he would be asset to the club and team

50 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

What is quite telling about the Steele departure is that Mowbray knew him well from his Boro days.

According to TM, we didn't have to sell, I don't know what the goalkeeper situation was at Boro back then but I'm guessing TM rated him. 

Perhaps Mowbray was expecting Steele to have improved much more than he has since then or maybe he's just got worse. 

he rates Raya highly and could use the Steele fee money towards another striker, then sign a keeper who out of contract like Turnbull who Mowbray knows from his Middlesbrough time there.

31 minutes ago, J*B said:

Bogle costs 800k and 11k a week FYI 

should be able to afford that

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has said we don't to sell and any player leaving will be his choice.

if we can get him then he would be asset to the club and team

he rates Raya highly and could use the Steele fee money towards another striker, then sign a keeper who out of contract like Turnbull who Mowbray knows from his Middlesbrough time there.

should be able to afford that

This is what puzzles me. We couldn't afford the bare minimum that would have kept us up last year...

That is why so many expect to lose Mulgrew/Lenihan right at the end of the window. If they stay and we bring in someone like Bogle, WTF was going on this time last last year,  and again in January?!

4 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

This is what puzzles me. We couldn't afford the bare minimum that would have kept us up last year...

That is why so many expect to lose Mulgrew/Lenihan right at the end of the window. If they stay and we bring in someone like Bogle, WTF was going on this time last last year,  and again in January?!

I understand that and not something I myself don't understand.

I think in January we had a power struggle between Coyle and Senior. Coyle had 3 or 4 players and never got one in. his players he wanted was Ba, Cavare, Barnes.

Also think Mowbray going to India and meeting the owners over there was a big plus point for Mowbray to be allow to spend money and be in charge of football affairs

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I understand that and not something I myself don't understand.

I think in January we had a power struggle between Coyle and Senior. Coyle had 3 or 4 players and never got one in. his players he wanted was Ba, Cavare, Barnes.

Also think Mowbray going to India and meeting the owners over there was a big plus point for Mowbray to be allow to spend money and be in charge of football affairs

That's the crazy world of rovers alright 

Stokes frustrates me. He would have scored a hatful in league one but the guy has proven himself to be an absolute scumbag loser. Drives me mad how we blow so much money and energy on this type of tosspot.

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Stokes frustrates me. He would have scored a hatful in league one but the guy has proven himself to be an absolute scumbag loser. Drives me mad how we blow so much money and energy on this type of tosspot.

another footballer with money to burn...not the 1st won't be the last to waste a great talent

Archived