BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The article doesn't say those 3 are fit or available for Saturday. It says they weren't risked at Carlisle due to 'little knocks' and that he is 'confident' they will be fit to face Southend. They need to 'get themselves ready to train HOPEFULLY early in the week then 'we'll see' if they are ready for the weekend. 'fingers crossed' they will be.

I'm not calling Mowbray here as his hands are probably tied with the whole thing but I smell a rat. Just like every window for the last 3 years.

If Mulgrew and Lenihan (and Evans) haven't recovered from those 'knocks' by weekend then I think the writing is on the wall.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Clitherover said:

I wouldn't blame Mowbray for walking if they all get sold on.

Alan Myers believes that this ^ is what Mowbray told the Owners when he went to India:-

https://roverschat.wordpress.com/2017/07/29/alan-myers-on-his-time-at-rovers/amp/

"He went out to India, as have many before him, but came back knowing what he wanted and I believe with the warning that if that didn’t happen he would walk away"

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Alan Myers believes this is what Mowbray told the Owners when he went to India:-

https://roverschat.wordpress.com/2017/07/29/alan-myers-on-his-time-at-rovers/amp/

"He went out to India, as have many before him, but came back knowing what he wanted and I believe with the warning that if that didn’t happen he would walk away"

The next few days could be the most telling in the past few years.

I think they realistically recognised that ship had already sailed time he arrived due to keeping OC on for too long & not acting sooner. I think with another 5 games had TM had could have stopped up maybe not even 5.

44 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Alan Myers believes that this ^ is what Mowbray told the Owners when he went to India:-

Happy Days for venkys, no compo to fork out if he walks and a ready  made rovers legend to take over......:blink:........Chaddy will be there, "I always knew that mowbray wasn't any good, Dunny, he's been my choice all along"

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Centre back, Striker, Goalkeeper in that order, but imo ALL required.

Exactly this.

Ripley got goalkeeper of the year last season yet Oldham still finished 17th. This goes to show that, whilst a goalkeeper can certainly save a win, he is powerless if the defence in front of him is useless.

We could put DeGea in goal with our current defence and still expect to shift a goal at least once a game because it simply isn't good enough, both in starting line up and certainly in depth.

I feel as if we have a lot of posters on here who play(ed) as an attacking player because I'm alarmed at our lack of movement in defensive incomings but it certainly doesn't seem to translate across this messageboard. Surely people cannot be happy at the moment with how we are going to line up against Southend?

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Exactly this.

Ripley got goalkeeper of the year last season yet Oldham still finished 17th. This goes to show that, whilst a goalkeeper can certainly save a win, he is powerless if the defence in front of him is useless.

We could put DeGea in goal with our current defence and still expect to shift a goal at least once a game because it simply isn't good enough, both in starting line up and certainly in depth.

I feel as if we have a lot of posters on here who play(ed) as an attacking player because I'm alarmed at our lack of movement in defensive incomings but it certainly doesn't seem to translate across this messageboard. Surely people cannot be happy at the moment with how we are going to line up against Southend?

I actually feel we are fine with our 2 starting cbs, but need at least one addition of equal or better quality, so we have 3 'potential starters', with Ward and Wharton as backup. I also think Wharton will prove a good potential starter fairly soon. BUT we're lacking a hard nut.

Gk and striker: I'd love Turnbull and Bogle! :D

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I actually feel we are fine with our 2 starting cbs, but need at least one addition of equal or better quality, so we have 3 'potential starters', with Ward and Wharton as backup. I also think Wharton will prove a good potential starter fairly soon. BUT we're lacking a hard nut.

You may have a point with Wharton but I don't want to start going over old ground with Ward - I've made my feelings on him known.

Mulgrew & Lenihan are good enough but won't start every game. Meaning our starting line up is already classed as not good enough because you'd expect Ward to be first choice to fill in, particularly if Mowbray wants to play 3 at the back. 

We definitely need a new centre half before we even begin to think of Bogle.

28 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Was thinking about this yesterday after reading the comments from Southend fans on their forum. Are we missing enough hard nuts full stop? We are going to be playing teams who aren't as good technically and who will also have an aim to rough our lads up as a "welcome" to League 1. When these kind of things happen, you need someone to say "whoah, we might be the big team who are trying to play football here, but do not try and bully us" Roy Keane stands out as the master of this, both for UTD and Ireland. Of players who can mix it I would put Lenihan and Smallwood for definite, possibly Gladwin and Feeney too. Am I underestimating the fight in our team or what do people think? 

I remember the 'bully boys' tag that wimps like Arsene Whinger used to throw at Mark Hughes' Rovers sides. We need to be able to boss games in this division too - no point playing fancy tippy tappy nice football, but losing games because we are beaten (literally) into submission by harder and more tactically savvy opponents willing to sacrifice style for results.

Oh for a Savage equivalent, a Dickov or Speedie upfront, and a Glen Keeley / Fazackerly partnership at the back. Then we'd be going places. Are you listening, TM?

As I see it,  happy to be corrected if wrong. The players last year could not do the job and got us relegated.

Mowbray has made some great signings and today has said more deals to be done including a keeper.

I wish him well as I do our new team that have shown more hunger than in the previous season.

I like what I am seeing.  I hope we keep Mulgrew, Lenihan,Evans .

The Squad looks better than in our previous season but I have only seen the Highlights. 

looking at the past few pre-season friendlies, Blackburn have put up a massive fight and have improved since last season. (not very hard!)

I think this year they are definately on the right track and on the road of promotion and recovery.

3 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

I remember the 'bully boys' tag that wimps like Arsene Whinger used to throw at Mark Hughes' Rovers sides. We need to be able to boss games in this division too - no point playing fancy tippy tappy nice football, but losing games because we are beaten (literally) into submission by harder and more tactically savvy opponents willing to sacrifice style for results.

Oh for a Savage equivalent, a Dickov or Speedie upfront, and a Glen Keeley / Fazackerly partnership at the back. Then we'd be going places. Are you listening, TM?

Bully boys is a tag used by managers who are sore that their precious players got bossed. It has cost Arsenal for years, arguably since Viera left. 

I have a genuine concern that we aren't tough enough. 

8 minutes ago, thorpefleet said:

As I see it,  happy to be corrected if wrong. The players last year could not do the job and got us relegated.

Mowbray has made some great signings and today has said more deals to be done including a keeper.

I wish him well as I do our new team that have shown more hunger than in the previous season.

I like what I am seeing.  I hope we keep Mulgrew, Lenihan,Evans .

The Squad looks better than in our previous season but I have only seen the Highlights. 

looking at the past few pre-season friendlies, Blackburn have put up a massive fight and have improved since last season. (not very hard!)

I think this year they are definately on the right track and on the road of promotion and recovery.

Blackburn??????????? are you on the right board?

Archived