BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're short of players as it is and attracting players isn't easy, as the failed Bostwick bid showed. Selling Lenihan, accomplished in two positions, would be foolish at this stage unless it was a stupid bid and we had the time and money to line up two central defenders. Relying on Ward, Wharton and even Mulgrew to play, and play well, for 46 games would be folly.  

We need at least one big ugly defender in the building before we can even contemplate selling either Mulgrew or Lenihan.

Just now, MGPensioner said:

we will sell for 2.5 and it will vanish

Well that is why I think alot of people are saying they wouldn't sell even for what I deem a very reasonable offer. 

Ultimately it's hard to give a fair assessment of the situation when only the scumbags and hopefully TM know what amount would be re invested if like you say any at all. Maybe that's why he's standing firm on all the offers up to now

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

We're short of players as it is and attracting players isn't easy, as the failed Bostwick bid showed. Selling Lenihan, accomplished in two positions, would be foolish at this stage unless it was a stupid bid and we had the time and money to line up two central defenders. Relying on Ward, Wharton and even Mulgrew to play, and play well, for 46 games would be folly.  

We need at least one big ugly defender in the building before we can even contemplate selling either Mulgrew or Lenihan.

It's hard to argue with that. The only argument I have and am trying to make is that if you could reinvest the money and that's all of it, then we could easily bring in a couple of players with the equal quality darragh and a striker leaving us stronger over the course of a season. Alot of ifs I know I just think it's worth considering. TM will have a short list of players and if he can get two or three of them with the darragh cash then I would

Just now, MGPensioner said:

you need to stop thinking like that and put your accountants hat on BB ;)

KPMG are big Rovers fans. In KPMG we trust.*

*I don't even know if KPMG are involved. Or even if they are accountants. All I know is they are part of a capitalist class subjugating the masses into eternal servitude. The numerically proficient @#/?s!

2 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

I once had a do inbetween the jumpers at skoo

seems I am equally qualified

I imagine it matters yes

Boring like every other post

Dont know what your agenda is on here tbh

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Was he? Who was that for?

Any more on the Bogle story? You said we were in for him?

Dont see us signing Bogle tbh. Some championship after him. 

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Think Lenihan will leave.. for Mulgrew to stay. 

Think both will stay..

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Lets see if Lenihan/Mulgrew are fit and available on Saturday. My guess is not...

Why so negative?

44 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I think it's more than he's worth and surprised it's not been accepted and swindled like the norm.

Worth far more than that considering the market value at the minute

9 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

you need to stop thinking like that and put your accountants hat on BB ;)

No need to sell as Mowbray keeps saying. 

It doesn't matter how many times you tell us Mowbray says no need to sell. It's not about need. It's about Venky's doing what they have done over and over- selling players they don't need to sell just because they see a chance of making a bit of cash. You may enjoy watching football. They clearly don't.  Their interest is in cash. If they want to sell, they'll do it regardless of Mowbray's wishes, regardless of the player's wishes. And they'll do  it when they feel like it. Tomorrow, on Saturday just before kick off or at 11.59 on the last day of the transfer window. When will it dawn on you that regardless of what our manager says, and I think he tells it as he believes it to be true, Venky's are liars through and through? They promise all sorts and do anything they feel like

Just now, gumboots said:

It doesn't matter how many times you tell us Mowbray says no need to sell. It's not about need. It's about Venky's doing what they have done over and over- selling players they don't need to sell just because they see a chance of making a bit of cash. You may enjoy watching football. They clearly don't.  Their interest is in cash. If they want to sell, they'll do it regardless of Mowbray's wishes, regardless of the player's wishes. And they'll do  it when they feel like it. Tomorrow, on Saturday just before kick off or at 11.59 on the last day of the transfer window. When will it dawn on you that regardless of what our manager says, and I think he tells it as he believes it to be true, Venky's are liars through and through? They promise all sorts and do anything they feel like

Yes.We should look for patterns.

This leads us to predict Venky's to recoup (much) more than they have paid out by the end of the window.

Lenihan to go for an" undisclosed " £3 million-right at the end of the window.

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why so negative?

And, Sleep.

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes. When you wake up the last 7 years will have never happened, the rovers will be mid table premier league, they just bid £30 million for Jason Puncheon and everything is rockin down Ewood.

Of course he is going to go. Players have the power, despite having 2 years left on his contract, he'll move before the end of the window.

Given some of the crazy transfer fees and the fact that Sheff Utd have made money on the Walker deal we should be holding out for north of £3m. 

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

And, Sleep.

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes. When you wake up the last 7 years will have never happened, the rovers will be mid table premier league, they just bid £30 million for Jason Puncheon and everything is rockin down Ewood.

Your wasting your time SR using sarcasm on Chaddy, even the reality of the last SEVEN years (yes seven) haven't made the penny drop yet. Venky's couldn't lie straight in bed, end of!

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh come on, he is worth more than 1.5 million. Are people genuinely complaining that we haven't accepted that offer? He has been at the club for years is only 23 and will get better. Be ludicrous to sell him for that 

Exactly the owners might be lots of things but when it comes down to maximising money they know a trick or 2. If he has a good season he could treble or quadruple due to the potential. I think, well hope for that reason they resist all overtures & he features next season.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Boring like every other post

Dont know what your agenda is on here tbh

Dont see us signing Bogle tbh. Some championship after him. 

Think both will stay..

Why so negative?

Worth far more than that considering the market value at the minute

No need to sell as Mowbray keeps saying. 

Won't be Mowbrays decision.. Lenihan is on his way if not now it'll be just before the window shuts with the usual bull coming out of the club... Will you ever learn chaddyrovers 

14 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Chaddy

before Parson has to warn you about it.... please be advised this is the transfer thread so not sure why you are posting LT links at 5am which are not about transfers.

you casually forgot to post the link yesterday morning about the big story of the day / week / month - because it didn't fit with your positive agenda

but today you are back to disrupting the (no) transfer thread.

very odd behaviour

Pot. Kettle. Black. 

13 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Chaddy

before Parson has to warn you about it.... please be advised this is the transfer thread so not sure why you are posting LT links at 5am which are not about transfers.

you casually forgot to post the link yesterday morning about the big story of the day / week / month - because it didn't fit with your positive agenda

but today you are back to disrupting the (no) transfer thread.

very odd behaviour

Link contain transfer info..

We are close to keeper and mention Turnbull.

I'm.up at 5am cos I work night and just get home just before that time..

Your behaviour is very odd and you have a very much anti Rovers agenda

17 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

With the release of the squad, we now know Nuttall was signed for the kids team so he must be discounted from the incomings.

Trading so far - 14 outgoing. 5 incoming. Net minus 9

On track for my long standing prediction of 16 out / 6 in.

If Nuttall does well, he could be promoted in January when we are forced to cash in on Danny Graham.

We signed 7 players so far. 

27 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Except it contains information about a transfer.

I can only assume Turnbull would be brought in as backup to Raya. Years ago, Turnbull seemed to have a good career ahead of him. Then he went to Chelsea to sit on the bench.

From his stats, am I right in thinking that he hasn't played a match in two years? He seems to be on the scrapheap to me, but might be a good mentor for Raya.

I was really hoping for Ripley.

1 minute ago, Phil T said:

Except it contains information about a transfer.

I can only assume Turnbull would be brought in as backup to Raya. Years ago, Turnbull seemed to have a good career ahead of him. Then he went to Chelsea to sit on the bench.

From his stats, am I right in thinking that he hasn't played a match in two years? He seems to be on the scrapheap to me, but might be a good mentor for Raya.

I was really hoping for Ripley.

Ya I was reading up on him the other day. You would have to say the Chelsea move was a terrible for him, maybe he thinks differently though! 

Ross Turnbull would be a great addition to the squad, if it is him.

Regarding the Lenihan transfer - we can't afford to offload another centre half so close to the beginning of the season. Have lessons not been learnt? Christ. We can't even find a replacement for the kid let alone accepting this myth the 3 million will, in total, be reinvested back into the squad. When will some of you FINALLY realise what is going on here?

Archived