Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, roversoutsider said:

Looks like we've paid a fee for him? "Undisclosed fee" it says

Any idea how much it could be? 

Can't be much. One year left of contract and not in manager's plans. Would be suprised if more than 100k.

• Backroom

Fine with that 

The keeper was never going to be Ripley after Mowbray saying Raya will be his number 1.

Seems a sensible enough acquisition to add to the squad especially if cheaper than Steele

I would think this keeper just falls into the category of very cheap back up got here because the gaffer already knows him so i'm not expecting much. Just hope Raya is the real deal at first team level.

Just now, tomphil said:

I would think this keeper just falls into the category of very cheap back up got here because the gaffer already knows him so i'm not expecting much. Just hope Raya is the real deal at first team level.

Hmm most clean sheets in a season 1st choice for last three years cant be that bad and paid a fee, lets not judge until we see the guy play. HA ha i remember when Brad Friedal came, some very harsh comments ended up being one of the best we ever had (apart from Roger Jones), by the way not saying our new keeper is in that class but give the guy a chance.

I can only imagine and hope that this is a very cheap backup signing. My old man is a shrews ST holder and was delighted that they have brought in 2 new keepers, effectively relegating leutwiler to 3rd choice. 

When I first saw him he looked ok, but having seen more games he is bang average and lacks any presence in his box.  Hmm 

2 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Hmm most clean sheets in a season 1st choice for last three years cant be that bad and paid a fee, lets not judge until we see the guy play. HA ha i remember when Brad Friedal came, some very harsh comments ended up being one of the best we ever had (apart from Roger Jones), by the way not saying our new keeper is in that class but give the guy a chance.

that's a keeper in the bag then. now onto a CB and forward. Say, I read that a LB is also desired. Imho, we should give Doyle a chance. Looks like another promising 'un under the radar. Willo Tomlinson should kick off too.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Oh gosh new keeper likely number 2, left out of Shrews squad (not wanted by manager). Ex Mowbray signing. Some recruitment happening.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2017/08/02/jayson-leutwiler-left-out-of-shrewsbury-town-squad-numbers/

Ya it's a pity our bid for De Gea was turned down, but what can you do

At least this guy has experience at this level and is a full international. 

Good signing 

21 minutes ago, dallydally said:

How's about Carlton Cole as striker? According to the Mail he is about to be sacked by his Indonesian club

Why would he be a good signing? 

The guy has been a dud at every club and has just been sacked by a club in Indonesia for failing to score a goal all season. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why would he be a good signing? 

The guy has been a dud at every club and has just been sacked by a club in Indonesia for failing to score a goal all season. 

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/football-asia/153/post/3170330/carlton-cole-sacked-by-persib-in-indonesia-for-failing-to-perform

all too right, mate. at 33, not worth the gamble. the level there is like the conference league

17 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

And where is he playing now, how many matches did he actually play 10 i've no idea

Doesn't matter where he is or how many games he has played.

The point is money we got for him didn't get reinvested back into the squad like some people believed.

So, selling Lenihan for £5million makes no difference because history tells us Venkys won't reinvest it back into the squad.

9 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Where did I say I wasn't giving the guy a chance ?   Merely stating it for what it is and hopefully he won't get a chance because Raya proves the main man but when all is said and done the lad at 28 has ended number 2 at an average lge 1 side so like I said I don't expect much but I don't think we are entitled to, it is what it is.

Eyebrows raised when Filan came in but he turned out excellent then the same as you say with Friedal but you can say that about any player that makes a success of it.

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya it's a pity our bid for De Gea was turned down, but what can you do

At least this guy has experience at this level and is a full international. 

Good signing 

Good signing? Have you watched him play? This is a guy who could not dislodge Jason Steele.

You should only sign players to improve the squad, this window has been a bit of a farce in that respect tbf.

6 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Good signing? Have you watched him play? This is a guy who could not dislodge Jason Steele.

You should only sign players to improve the squad, this window has been a bit of a farce in that respect tbf.

Has it? Aside from this signing which other signing has not improved the squad?

9 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

A farce??? Well who were you hoping we would have signed by now? Was Mbappe On your wish list or were you happy to settle for Lukaku?

How are Whittingham and Dack not improvements on Lowe, Akpan, Guthrie, Stokes, Henley??? Which one of the New boys isn't gonna make the squad for Southend??

We are now a league one club with a healthier squad than we had in the Championship.

And a far better manager!!!

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Yeah definitely. Seems to be competent enough for that though.

Looks like he's lost confidence after an injury.

I'm certainly not writing him off, but it does make me laugh how some folk are already declaring it to be a decent signing.

Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Oh gosh new keeper likely number 2, left out of Shrews squad (not wanted by manager). Ex Mowbray signing. Some recruitment happening.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2017/08/02/jayson-leutwiler-left-out-of-shrewsbury-town-squad-numbers/

A keeper with 3 years experience at this level? Cash buy, good record at this level and was picked all last seàson by his previous club

1 hour ago, briansol said:

Interview with him February 2015, when he had most clean sheets in Europe. Says the success is down to good communications with defenders. Also prefers to punch the ball rather than hold (bit like Steele unfortunatly)

Thanks for the info

17 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

A bit of a farce? Really? 

I dont have a clue what your current problem is with the Transfers made and Who Mowbray has signed. 

We have made 8 signings so far. All permanent and 4 of those of them have been cash buys

Archived